So how did Moses Simon become a good crosser of the ball?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

nzeogwu
Egg
Egg
Re: So how did Moses Simon become a good crosser of the ball

Post by nzeogwu »

Bazee when fit is the best Nigerian right winger. Since Iwobi can play multiple roles and Simon too, defensively, the casualty barring any unforeseen circumstances next summer is Musa.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

lacidi wrote:But Iwobi was poor in the last two matches he played.
I'm a massive Iwobi fan but some folks seem to have forgotten that Iwobi entered with 25 mins left and when the game had somewhat opened up given the onus was on Zambia to win (A draw actually wouldn't have been a bad result for the SEs). In previous games against that type of opponent (physical and speedy players) Iwobi struggled on the defensive aspect of the game. Simon is big on work rate and so he was the better option to start the last game. That said, IMO, Iwobi's best position is in the middle behind the striker.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote:
adebisy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Moses Simon is definately a squad player, who should most likely be Russia bound, a good bench option, but in no way a starting 11. He does put in a good defensive shift though, so he may be a starter if we are playing a top team and we want good defensive cover on the flanks, but if we want a creater and a more clinical and technical winger, hell no.

the big loser to me is Ahmed Musa.

There is no way this player should be on the plane to Russia, even to warm the bench. Too many better options right now, and the guy has shown his limitations over the past few years. He no be am. The fact that Simon is currently ahead of him should spell the end of his SE career.
Agreed. I am not sold on his creative ability. He was the one that wasn't aware on the cross he gave to ighalo, he didn't look before taking the cross, as a result the weight was too much. Ighalo was watching him and anticipating the cross.
Nah, Ighalo slowed his run down to keep up with the defender as if he was trying to stay onside. He should have instead be keeping up with the ball and it would be an easy tap in. The cross was perfect, what more can you ask for, bent it around the last defender and out of the reach of the keeper. Guess when y'all just decide to hate somebody nothing they do can be good enough.
+1
2think
Egg
Egg

Post by 2think »

green4life wrote:
lacidi wrote:But Iwobi was poor in the last two matches he played.
I'm a massive Iwobi fan but some folks seem to have forgotten that Iwobi entered with 25 mins left and when the game had somewhat opened up given the onus was on Zambia to win (A draw actually wouldn't have been a bad result for the SEs). In previous games against that type of opponent (physical and speedy players) Iwobi struggled on the defensive aspect of the game. Simon is big on work rate and so he was the better option to start the last game. That said, IMO, Iwobi's best position is in the middle behind the striker.
:agree:

Totally agree with you. I actually think he's the next most creative player after Mikel in the SE.
The hole will suit him perfectly.
May the Lord God Bless U real Good