Egypt 2 - 1 Congo.....full time.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Egypt 2 - 1 Congo.....full time.

Post by Bigpokey24 »

To be honest glad they qualified, they've suffered enough...and Mo salah is a beast. .hopefully all our African reps will go far in Russia. .

I pick Morroco, Tunisia,and Senegal to join the SE in Russia
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

When the Egyptians scored their first goal, I saw some non-players running into and across the pitch, or did I saw wrong? If I am correct, does FIFA rules allow for such?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
marutimon wrote:I'm pretty certain Egypt will do better than Cameroon has done in the past and is much less of a suck risk than Tunisia. Plus they have a true star in Salah. That said I can't help but feel that the Aboutreika era players were just a much better team.
:agree:

How the hell that Egypt team did not qualify for a WC still mystifies me. Now that they have finally qualified maybe they should recall Aboutreika and co. :tic:
The 2006 WC came too soon for our 'golden generation' but we completely choked during 2010 WCQ. That was the best Egyptian team I've seen with my two eyes but we were completely out of form during those qualifiers and didn't deserve to make it. The political turmoil in Egypt really hurt our 2014 WCQ chances (our league had been suspended on-and-off for two years during that period leaving a lot of players inactive). This team isn't our most talented but it helps that we have a star, a good mix of players crafting their trade in Europe and at home, and an experienced coach.

Egyptians are ecstatic because everyone is being choked by a weak economy. There hasn't been much to celebrate there since 2011.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

lacidi wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:
bret- hart wrote:The 1st Egypt goal looked dodgy as well unless there was a Congolese FB keeping Sallah onside. The ending to this group stinks.
One can only handle so many concussions :roll:

The ball went off of the Congolese defender's head back to Salah. Absolutely no controversy there.
No, Salah got an advantage from being in an offside position. You could argue the Congolese passed him the ball, but thats iffy.

The reason there is no controversy is because a Congolese fullback played him onside.
Salad was NOT offside. There a defender playing him on on the right side of the Congo defense.
Both of you guys are wrong. Go to 9:05 of this video. Salah was clearly behind the entire Congo defense. He was onside because a defender headed the ball to him.

marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

That shot fails to show the right back that played Salah onside.

That was not a pass, that was a failed interception and Salah would have been benefitting from an offside position. You have to be very generous to deem that as a pass.

At 1:26 of this video you see Salah being played onside by the right back:

[/video]