Zambians attack N'gonga's home for failing v SE...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Zambians attack N'gonga's home for failing v SE...

Post by Enugu II »

Alex N’gonga’s family home in Kitwe has been attacked
http://www.zambianobserver.com/alex-ngo ... -attacked/
October 8, 2017, 7:18 pm783 0

Power Dynamos striker Alex N’gonga’s family home in Chimwemwe Township in Kitwe has been attacked by thugs following Zambia’s 1-0 loss to Nigeria in a decisive 2018 World Cup qualifier.

Nigeria thus became the first African team to qualify for the global showpiece courtesy of Alex Iwobi’s second-half strike at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium in Uyo.

Copperbelt province police commissioner Charity Katanga said a group of people emerged from a white Toyota Land Cruiser ACC 5492 and maliciously damaged two roofing sheets with stones.

Katanga said the group accused N’gonga of missing scoring chances that crashed Zambia’s hopes of qualifying to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
She said police have launched a manhunt and a case of malicious damage to property has been opened.

And N’gonga’s mother Charity has told Muvi TV news that she feared for her life when she heard another person threaten to destroy the house completely.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Zambians attack N'gonga's home for failing v SE...

Post by Odas »

This type of thing has happened before to a Colombian player, I forgot is name. In fact, he was shot on the street and killed - if my memory is not failing me.

On the other hand, I wonder what the hoodlums are thinking. Did they expect Zambia to win Nigeria in Nigeria? They (Zambia) was lucky the score wasn't worse than what they conceded.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Odas wrote:This type of thing has happened before to a Colombian player, I forgot is name. In fact, he was shot on the street and killed - if my memory is not failing me.

On the other hand, I wonder what the hoodlums are thinking. Did they expect Zambia to win Nigeria in Nigeria? They (Zambia) was lucky the score wasn't worse than what they conceded.
the Colombian that got killed was Andres Escobar Diaz
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Please which chance did the player miss? I am sure it is a case of bad bellus from an unrelated incident
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tobi17 wrote:
Odas wrote:This type of thing has happened before to a Colombian player, I forgot is name. In fact, he was shot on the street and killed - if my memory is not failing me.

Yes! That was his name with "yellow or light brown" hair (RIP). Thanks for the input - Sir!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Im just glad I am able to shut some Zambians in my office up, they kept hacking about our near tied had to head record and that they will finish what South Africa started, I actually didnt engage them at all until this morning.

One actually said Zambia played better - sometimes you have to respond with fact..."Yes, but they will be cheering Nigeria in Russia from the comfort of their couches in Kitwe"
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

akamoke wrote:Im just glad I am able to shut some Zambians in my office up, they kept hacking about our near tied had to head record and that they will finish what South Africa started, I actually didnt engage them at all until this morning.

One actually said Zambia played better - sometimes you have to respond with fact..."Yes, but they will be cheering Nigeria in Russia from the comfort of their couches in Kitwe"
not sure what they mean by playing "better" cause the stats suggest otherwise, if they implied playing with sheer determination then I'll agree...better ball possession definitely had Nigeria on top,more shots taken on goal had Nigeria, better chances created had Nigeria marginally on top, the only genuine goal scoring opportunity Zambia had was early in the first half when one of their forwards out-muscled Balogun to shoot over the bar from a rather difficult angle(not a gilt edge scoring opportunity) then the long range shot that hit the upright was their best attempt at making Ezenwa stretch to make a save all game...that was the closest they got to having a sniff on goal. Nigeria had half chances but had a total of about 4 very good chances to score(twice from Ighalo,Ndidi's goal bound looping header that Mweene somehow saved...and one from Moses that only needed him to stab home but mistimed his kick after Aina slipped in a good pass in the dying minutes of the game
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Tobi17 wrote:
akamoke wrote:Im just glad I am able to shut some Zambians in my office up, they kept hacking about our near tied had to head record and that they will finish what South Africa started, I actually didnt engage them at all until this morning.

not sure what they mean by playing "better" cause the stats suggest otherwise, if they implied playing with sheer determination then I'll agree...better ball possession definitely had Nigeria on top,more shots taken on goal had Nigeria, better chances created had Nigeria marginally on top, the only genuine goal scoring opportunity Zambia had was early in the first half when one of their forwards out-muscled Balogun to shoot over the bar from a rather difficult angle(not a gilt edge scoring opportunity) then the long range shot that hit the upright was their best attempt at making Ezenwa stretch to make a save all game...that was the closest they got to having a sniff on goal. Nigeria had half chances but had a total of about 4 very good chances to score(twice from Ighalo,Ndidi's goal bound looping header that Mweene somehow saved...and one from Moses that only needed him to stab home but mistimed his kick after Aina slipped in a good pass in the dying minutes of the game
Bro, I didnt even get into the argument with them, I just showed them end result and exposed their "feelings" to "facts"
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Tobi17 wrote:

'94 WC in US. He tried to clear a ball and scored against his own Team. Very sad....
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

nemi2002 wrote:Please which chance did the player miss? I am sure it is a case of bad bellus from an unrelated incident

Maybe he was the player that shrugged Balogon off the ball in the box and chipped the ball over the bar.

These Zambians head no dey house. I dont blame them sha.. imagine the effontry of coming to Nigeria for a qualifier and having hope of getting a result..
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Odas wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

Yes! That was his name with "yellow or light brown" hair (RIP). Thanks for the input - Sir!
Andres Escobar's hair was black. The Colombian player with huge light brown hair was Carlos Valderrama.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

These Zambians are crazy. They really believed they would win in Nigeria after getting beat silly at home?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:These Zambians are crazy. They really believed they would win in Nigeria after getting beat silly at home?
:lol: blame algeria for giving them false hope.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Totally different situation given USA was pure rubbish back then while Columbia was ranked 5th in the world or thereabout. In this situation, we are better than them; beat them already in front of their home fans without any protest from any of their fans and in this game, they created very little apart from that one lucky route one long ball from their goalie that caught Balogun off guard. That was their best and only chance. Not to talk about the fact that we had a fairly comfy 3pt gap and +5 edge on GD with two games to go. Their fans are simply delusional.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Goldleaf wrote:
Odas wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

Andres Escobar's hair was black. The Colombian player with huge light brown hair was Carlos Valderrama.
Now I am confused :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am certainly mixing-up both players. Anyway, like Lukemana said, yes, he scored a goal (own goal) against his team and was shot dead when the team returned. It was rumored the bookmakers made several bets on the match and because of the "own goal and loss, the gamblers lost a lot of money, hence they directed their annoyance or frustration on him
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

metalalloy wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:Please which chance did the player miss? I am sure it is a case of bad bellus from an unrelated incident

Maybe he was the player that shrugged Balogon off the ball in the box and chipped the ball over the bar.

These Zambians head no dey house. I don't blame them sha.. imagine the effontry of coming to Nigeria for a qualifier and having hope of getting a result..
Yes, it was the chance and it was arguably the best chance all game for either side. He shot in panic mode after shrugging off Balogun and with only the goalie to beat. A more cool headed approach would have led to a goal.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

1naija wrote:These Zambians are crazy. They really believed they would win in Nigeria after getting beat silly at home?
That's what I don't understand,they did well to bet Algeria home & away.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
That's what I don't understand,they did well to bet Algeria home & away.
To even think if they make the unfortunate mistake of qualifying, that they would actually do something other than disgrace themselves and Africa is even more shocking
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

lukemana wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

'94 WC in US. He tried to clear a ball and scored against his own Team. Very sad....
Watched a documentary on Escobar Diaz's murder a few years later...
Apparently there was heavy betting on the game, for which the Colombians were prohibitive favorites.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL