Abdullahi Shehu - MVP ? More?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

icee
Egg
Egg
Abdullahi Shehu - MVP ? More?

Post by icee »

I watched the Nigeria vs. Zambia game again to get a tensionless perspective of the game and performances of some specific players. I have watched the game about 2 ½ times now. My initial focus was on two players – Mikel Agu and Moses Simon and then something happened. Abdullahi Shehu kept “showing up”, overshadowing the two players I had planned to focus on and overshadowing with performance that exceeded (far more) what I expected of him. I was so impressed that I went on transfer market to verify his current value knowing he plays in Cyprus and I must state that he may be one of the most underrated and undervalued SE in a long time. His value now is just below 500K Euros
His crosses / intelligent pull backs aside, I observed his passes on that right-hand side and the several combinations with Mikel, later Iwobi and at a time Igalo. There was a weighted pass he made to Igalo where Igalo was fouled and the foul was not given..Shehu had several options for a pass and opted for the very best option, a pass, side pass to Igalo.

There was also a time in the game when I think Igalo sent him a heavy back pass and he was under a bit of pressure. This is when innate talent mixed with IQ gets revealed. He had a nearby outlet in Troost and all within milliseconds, he read that a pass to Troost then will attract pressure on Troost he quickly drove the ball farther to the right, towards the throw line and hit it forward. This was a testing decision point. He had done most other things well. I do not understand for the life of me why this guy hasn’t been scouted by a much better club. I mean much better. Highly underrated.

No surprise he won MVP. I’m happy the MVP king makers kept their eyes open. I thought he was good like many others today but watching the game again, he definitely deserves MVP and more. Shehu is about to get snapped up. #bigpayday
Sheikh
Egg
Egg
Re: Abdullahi Shehu - MVP ? More?

Post by Sheikh »

icee wrote:I watched the Nigeria vs. Zambia game again to get a tensionless perspective of the game and performances of some specific players. I have watched the game about 2 ½ times now. My initial focus was on two players – Mikel Agu and Moses Simon and then something happened. Abdullahi Shehu kept “showing up”, overshadowing the two players I had planned to focus on and overshadowing with performance that exceeded (far more) what I expected of him. I was so impressed that I went on transfer market to verify his current value knowing he plays in Cyprus and I must state that he may be one of the most underrated and undervalued SE in a long time. His value now is just below 500K Euros
His crosses / intelligent pull backs aside, I observed his passes on that right-hand side and the several combinations with Mikel, later Iwobi and at a time Igalo. There was a weighted pass he made to Igalo where Igalo was fouled and the foul was not given..Shehu had several options for a pass and opted for the very best option, a pass, side pass to Igalo.

There was also a time in the game when I think Igalo sent him a heavy back pass and he was under a bit of pressure. This is when innate talent mixed with IQ gets revealed. He had a nearby outlet in Troost and all within milliseconds, he read that a pass to Troost then will attract pressure on Troost he quickly drove the ball farther to the right, towards the throw line and hit it forward. This was a testing decision point. He had done most other things well. I do not understand for the life of me why this guy hasn’t been scouted by a much better club. I mean much better. Highly underrated.

No surprise he won MVP. I’m happy the MVP king makers kept their eyes open. I thought he was good like many others today but watching the game again, he definitely deserves MVP and more. Shehu is about to get snapped up. #bigpayday
I agree. He is an underrated player. First noticed him during the 2014 CHAN. It was easy to tell then that he was a special player, but I think he did not get the right professional breaks after. These things happen to a lot of young players, but am glad the gem he is now shining through. He is quite versatile, and I think his best position is in defensive mid. When Onazi got injured, and I saw Aina warming up I half expected Aina to take up the RB position and Shehu to take up Onazi's position rather than Agu. However, all went well in the end.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Shehu got the right back position locked in!

Tension or not, the only way you will watch that match and not recognize Balogun as the mvp is if you were blindfolded!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Nura Abdullahi owns the RB spot, shehu is just holding the spot until he recovers.
OCCUPY NFF!!
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Nura Abdullahi owns the RB spot, Shehu is just holding the spot until he recovers.
On account of what performance? This reminds me of people canvassing for Isaac Success on here
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Cmoke wrote:Shehu got the right back position locked in!

Tension or not, the only way you will watch that match and not recognize Balogun as the mvp is if you were blindfolded!
Really? I and the majority must have been blindfolded except you who saw what the rest didn't . :D

Balogun did well but Shehu did better.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

That boy is freaking good.. I called him the Nigerian Cafu during the Olympics and mace poked fun.. however he used to be a DM, played for Kano pillars, moved to Kuwait and then portugal..after the Olympics, i thought he would move to a better league, but i guess not..hopefully he enjoys his season remains fit and have fun at the worldcup

the boy is a joy to watch.. so impressed with him
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

It may well be at DM, his skill set put him at average or below average versus what's available out there BUT perhaps bringing that same combination of skill set, good passing, crossing, excellent game read, he bubbles to the top when his skills and abilities are translated to the RB position. Perhaps his DM position may be the reason. As A RB, i expect a big move