It is 99% certain these will be Africa's five qualifiers

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
It is 99% certain these will be Africa's five qualifiers

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Nigeria - Already qualified

Egypt - Already qualified. Yes Ghana have protested but even if Fifa award all three points in that Kampala match to Ghana, the Black Stars still cannot qualify

Ivory Coast - All they have to do is beat Morocco at home in their last match and they are through

Tunisia - all they have to do is beat Libya in Tunis in their last match and they are through

Senegal - This group remains the most complicated but I can see Senegal sailing through with ease. All they need to do is win one of their home and away games against South Africa and they are through

We should be aiming for:

Four second round teams
Two quarter finalists
One semi finalist
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: It is 99% certain these will be Africa's five qualifiers

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Africa's top five ranked nations at the moment are:

Egypt - 30
Tunisia - 31
Senegal 33
DR Congo -42
Nigeria - 44

So having four of our five top seeds going to Russia 2018 is not a bad thing.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Nigeria - Already qualified

Egypt - Already qualified. Yes Ghana have protested but even if Fifa award all three points in that Kampala match to Ghana, the Black Stars still cannot qualify

Ivory Coast - All they have to do is beat Morocco at home in their last match and they are through

Tunisia - all they have to do is beat Libya in Tunis in their last match and they are through

Senegal - This group remains the most complicated but I can see Senegal sailing through with ease. All they need to do is win one of their home and away games against South Africa and they are through

We should be aiming for:

Four second round teams
Two quarter finalists
One semi finalist
If you're not aiming to win the damn thing then sit your asses at home and increase the slots of other footballing confederations. Nobody wants to watch passengers, I'm sick and tired of this mentality. As it is Portugal and Argentina's qualification looks ropey, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to take your slots.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr. Piffington wrote:

We should be aiming for:

Four second round teams
Two quarter finalists
One semi finalist
If you're not aiming to win the damn thing then sit your asses at home and increase the slots of other footballing confederations. Nobody wants to watch passengers, I'm sick and tired of this mentality. As it is Portugal and Argentina's qualification looks ropey, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to take your slots.
Valid point actually.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

We should be aiming for:

Four second round teams
Two quarter finalists
One semi finalist
Valid point actually.
not really.
Too idealistic
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Molue Conductor wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

We should be aiming for:

Four second round teams
Two quarter finalists
One semi finalist
Valid point actually.
not really.
Too idealistic
It's not idealistic, we're talking about a tournament here not a league. You play a maximum of seven games. A well prepared team with above average talent with supreme confidence can win it. If it's too idealistic then give your place to someone who wants to be there.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Nigeria - Already qualified

Morocco - All they have to do is get a draw in Abidjan in their last match and they are through

I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Senegal - This group remains the most complicated but I can see Senegal sailing through with ease. :?: :?: :?:
All they need to do is win one of their home and away games against South Africa and they are through

We should be aiming for:

Four second round teams
Two quarter finalists
One semi finalist
With what you suggested 'we should be aiming for', I hope you don't presuming the ANC competition is holding in Russia. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Undertaker wrote:Nigeria - Already qualified

Morocco - All they have to do is get a draw in Abidjan in their last match and they are through

Ivory Coast will hammer Tunisia in Abidjan. The Carthage Eagles are bad travellers!
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Mr. Piffington wrote:

We should be aiming for:

Four second round teams
Two quarter finalists
One semi finalist
How many countries have ever won the WC? How many can win the next WC?
What is common to the countries Thai have won in the past?
Aaide from selecting a team what else do you neef ringsteken in place?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

We have a lot of work to do. I hope the process starts immediately.

I would have loved us to have a friendly after the Zambia game.