SO IS THE EPL STILL BAD FOR THE SE?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
SO IS THE EPL STILL BAD FOR THE SE?

Post by pajimoh »

I remember the incessant moaning about how bad the EPL is for the SE. Is that still the case?
How many goals did EPL based players contributed to the war kitty?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: SO IS THE EPL STILL BAD FOR THE SE?

Post by YUJAM »

Another way to look at it is to ask how many EPL based players started?
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

YUJAM wrote:Another way to look at it is to ask how many EPL based players started?
You're looking one game and I'm looking at the whole series.

But if we were to look at it your way, until an EPL-er came on, what was the score? :tic:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

pajimoh wrote:I remember the incessant moaning about how bad the EPL is for the SE. Is that still the case?
China got us the WC qualification.................
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Did he carry the ball from goalpost to goalpost? :mad:
pajimoh wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Another way to look at it is to ask how many EPL based players started?

But if we were to look at it your way, until an EPL-er came on, what was the score? :tic:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

YUJAM wrote:Did he carry the ball from goalpost to goalpost? :mad:
pajimoh wrote:

But you never mentioned the likes of Moses, Ndidi and other past EPL players who contributed from the beginning before being joined by the match winner
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

zee wrote:
pajimoh wrote:I remember the incessant moaning about how bad the EPL is for the SE. Is that still the case?
China did not make Mikel but rather enjoying his EPL experience. If anything, China has blunted him a little, at least in the physical demands of the game
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

pajimoh wrote:
zee wrote:
China did not make Mikel but rather enjoying his EPL experience. If anything, China has blunted him a little, at least in the physical demands of the game
A move to a superior league in January would do him well.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

pajimoh wrote:
zee wrote:
Don't get me going bro :D .
Borinho the football coward turned Mikel into a fake Karembu..........but China has returned him back to the U20 superstar I watched live in Holland(U20 WC).

Up China :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

zee wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
zee wrote:
Borinho the football coward turned Mikel into a fake Karembu..........but China has returned him back to the U20 superstar I watched live in Holland(U20 WC).

Up China :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I want to get you started :tic: Whether we like it or not Mikel grew in the EPL. We might debate whether he soul have been better off somewhere else but coulda, woulda, shoulda is not of interest to me but facts. Mikel won everything there is to win in club football. Contributed to Chelsea for over 7 years and played under different managers who still decided to use him in defensive roll.
What Mikel brings to the SE is not China taught but EPL nurtured.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

pajimoh wrote:
zee wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
zee wrote:

I want to get you started :tic: Whether we like it or not Mikel grew in the EPL. We might debate whether he soul have been better off somewhere else but coulda, woulda, shoulda is not of interest to me but facts. Mikel won everything there is to win in club football. Contributed to Chelsea for over 7 years and played under different managers who still decided to use him in defensive roll.
But started dominating in the SE matches when he 'stopped'(benched) playing matches in the Kung fu league :D and moved his SE performance to another level since he moved to China.

Thank you........China :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
The same with Igahalo..........rubbish with SE while at Kung fu league, worldclass for SE since he moved to China.

Thank you .....China again :thumbs: :thumbs:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

zee wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
zee wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
zee wrote:

But started dominating in the SE matches when he 'stopped'(benched) playing matches in the Kung fu league :D and moved his SE performance to another level since he moved to China.

Thank you........China :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
The same with Igahalo..........rubbish with SE while at Kung fu league, worldclass for SE since he moved to China.

Thank you .....China again :thumbs: :thumbs:
I know you like fake, cheap products and you and Yujam, the Spanish lovers can never bring yourself to debate topics like this honestly. So a question for you, how many goals did current EPL players contribute to our Russia ticket? Take ya time :tic: You can write it in Chinese as well :tic:
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Even English players have been strengthened by EPL. England has managed to continue qualifying for major tournaments. If you compare them with Scotland, who hasn't qualified for a major tourney since 1986, then it's obvious. The difference btw English and Scottish players is the EPL.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

anointed wrote:Even English players have been strengthened by EPL. England has managed to continue qualifying for major tournaments. If you compare them with Scotland, who hasn't qualified for a major tourney since 1986, then it's obvious. The difference btw English and Scottish players is the EPL.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

They have done well by us, developing certain aspects of our players game.

But our team has also shown that EPL is not the be all and end all of our players.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cellular wrote:

But our team has also shown that EPL is not the be all and end all of our players.
I agree that our team is not all EPL dominated but I remember times when some wanted all our players out of the EPL yet some of the dominant players in the SE are EPL battle hardened
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

anointed wrote:Even English players have been strengthened by EPL. England has managed to continue qualifying for major tournaments. If you compare them with Scotland, who hasn't qualified for a major tourney since 1986, then it's obvious. The difference btw English and Scottish players is the EPL.
True but Scotland last qualified to France 98!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

pajimoh wrote:
Cellular wrote:

I agree that our team is not all EPL dominated but I remember times when some wanted all our players out of the EPL yet some of the dominant players in the SE are EPL battle hardened
If they are to go to the EPL to become carpenters, then NO!

We need them playing.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Yeyeman & Eaglezbeak, thanks.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Is EPL bad for the SE, lets see at the World cup
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

How can playing in one of the best and most competitive leagues be bad for our players? EPL na beans? How many of our players have failed there from Ideye to Aghahowa to Udeze, it's only now that Moses is doing well in EPL that he's able to dominate SE games. We need players that are doing well in competitive leagues at top clubs. It's Rohrs job to get them to play together and he's doing a good job so far.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!