Alex IWobi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Alex IWobi

Post by smartbrother »

papilo wrote:It's strange how everyone seems to think he is not physically strong enough to play in the middle when one of his strengths is his physicality. The guy can protect/shield a ball from now till next year. I think we are judging based on his facial looks and how he talks. The guy is really strong
fully agree
"Strength" is not a weakness of Iwobi's.
He is not a lightweight in any shape of form
His only weakness is pass accuracy. Sometimes he gets a little sloppy
JssMan
Egg
Egg

Post by JssMan »

smartbrother wrote:
papilo wrote:It's strange how everyone seems to think he is not physically strong enough to play in the middle when one of his strengths is his physicality. The guy can protect/shield a ball from now till next year. I think we are judging based on his facial looks and how he talks. The guy is really strong
fully agree
Iwobi's passing accuracy is one of the best in the Premiership. He can pass the ball in tight spaces and connect time and time again. Go watch some of Arsenal's matches again. Our ball possession and distribution improved a great deal when Iwobi came on against Zambia.

Jh8: 34Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

JssMan wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
fully agree
Iwobi's passing accuracy is one of the best in the Premiership. He can pass the ball in tight spaces and connect time and time again. Go watch some of Arsenal's matches again. Our ball possession and distribution improved a great deal when Iwobi came on against Zambia.
I'm not talking statistics I'm talking about games I have watched with my own eyes
His passing accuracy is off sometimes.
In one champions league game i recently watched the commentator even singled him out for criticism over this
Btw i consider this a minor point as I rate him very highly
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Gotti wrote:
heavyd wrote:
chuks69 wrote:Ovie Ejaria was rejected by Nigeria at U-17.. didint make the Kelechi Iheanacho team back then... But have now really developed..
I watch Ejaria regularly and though he is a very clever player, full of creativity and always looking for the forward pass, he is just not ready for African football. He is still to slight and will get easily out muscled and out hustled. He needs to play regular men's football for a season or 2 and then he may be ready.
My rating for Ejaria slipped considerably downwards during the U20 WYC...
Would definitely take someone like Josh Onumah over Ejaria, if given a choice.
Agreed. Onomah is the only other player worth discussing apart from Tammy.