I think Egypt will make Africa more Proud than Ghana

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg
Re: I think Egypt will make Africa more Proud than Ghana

Post by Bobo Dan »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:I don't think they see themselves as African but that's another story,good luck to them anyway!
rubbish.. they are Aficans. No matter how you feel or say they are AFRICANS full final stop.. Mo-Salah is an African boy, Ekong is an African , Balogun is an African ... do you want me to continue. Osaze is an African.. so stop all these rubbish talk

it is for our own continent's interest , that they do well in Russia
This is but not a question of how he (Eaglezbeak) feels and its NOT a rubbish talk
Its rather how the North Africans themselves feel.
Its not the first time that they (the North Africans) will reach an international tournament only to declare that they are NOT Africans BUT Arabs
Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia had done it many times.....
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

ElHadary wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:I don't think they see themselves as African but that's another story,good luck to them anyway!
Enough with this nonsense. We play in Africa and not Asia for a reason and refer to Sudan ands our brothers and not Saudi Arabia for a reason too.

Fyi, Egypt's relationship with Arabs with the Gulf states isn't very good. In fact, they downright dislike one another. So to say this is pretty I'll advised and in poor taste. North Africans are African and as an African you should know that the definition of one isn't like being European . In Europe you must look European to be European. Africa's definition of being African is to be from the continent of Africa, to live and breathe the air of Africa makes anyone, regardless of race, background or religion - an African.
ElHadary
Congratulation on your qualification and welcome to the party
Your reply as above is well appreciated, but alas, it will do well to educate the brothers from the North
Quite difficult to see the Sub-Saharan Africans denying their identity but records had shown the Northerners do and say otherwise.
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Bobo Dan wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
rubbish.. they are Aficans. No matter how you feel or say they are AFRICANS full final stop.. Mo-Salah is an African boy, Ekong is an African , Balogun is an African ... do you want me to continue. Osaze is an African.. so stop all these rubbish talk

This is but not a question of how he (Eaglezbeak) feels and its NOT a rubbish talk
Its not the first time that they (the North Africans) will reach an international tournament only to declare that they are NOT Africans BUT Arabs

So we must understand what it means to be an African and what it means to be an Arab. Arab is not really an ethnic background, rather it is a culture that was spread through the Islamic conquests assimilating territories they conquered.

Therefore, Arab wasn't so much an ethnic identity rather than a cultural one. For example, the great Malian and Songhai Empires of West Africa adopted Arabic culture to a very large extent. They were, however, cut off from the Islamic Caliphate territories to the North due to the vast Sahara desert. (Just as a fun fact as well, when Mensa Musa, btw Mensa is still a very common last name in Ghana, made the hajj to Saudi Arabia he gave out so much gold to the poor people of Egypt he devestated the local economy forcentury afterwards due to inflation).

So let's take a look at people's identities outside of Africa namely the Persians and Turks. The Persians were beginning to Arabize until Islamic divisions created a rift between Shi'it and Sunning factions. The Shi'it's, further to the East became The Abassid Caliphate. They were based out of Persia and so had a separate identity compared to the SunnI Fatima Caliphate which safeguarded Mecca and Medina.

The Turks are a different story. Although they are largely Sunni, they switched to Western alphabets and culture during the rise of the young Turks after WWI believing if Turkey was to survive in the post modern world they most disassociate themselves from Arabic alphabet and culture to advance. Before, they used sanskrit and we're referred to the West as simply "The Orient" or "Mohammedans".

During the Islamic conquests Arabs marched through Egypt. They met both Coptic and Byzantine resistence but overcame them easily. The Cops held out at Heliopolis but were eventually overrun, many fled to Nuria to seek refuge.

Next they marched to the Maghreb. The Berets felt they were being treated unfairly by the Arab hierarchy and revolted during The Great Berber Revolt. In North Africa, Christian churches in Egypt still speak Coptic, or pharaonic langauge, and Berger is still spoken in rural mountain locations of the Maghreb.

Personally, I am a Christian, so you can see why calling me an Arab would be seen as problematic to me, personally.

Thanks for reading.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ElHadary wrote:
Bobo Dan wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

So we must understand what it means to be an African and what it means to be an Arab. Arab is not really an ethnic background, rather it is a culture that was spread through the Islamic conquests assimilating territories they conquered.

Therefore, Arab wasn't so much an ethnic identity rather than a cultural one. For example, the great Malian and Songhai Empires of West Africa adopted Arabic culture to a very large extent. They were, however, cut off from the Islamic Caliphate territories to the North due to the vast Sahara desert. (Just as a fun fact as well, when Mensa Musa, btw Mensa is still a very common last name in Ghana, made the hajj to Saudi Arabia he gave out so much gold to the poor people of Egypt he devestated the local economy forcentury afterwards due to inflation).

So let's take a look at people's identities outside of Africa namely the Persians and Turks. The Persians were beginning to Arabize until Islamic divisions created a rift between Shi'it and Sunning factions. The Shi'it's, further to the East became The Abassid Caliphate. They were based out of Persia and so had a separate identity compared to the SunnI Fatima Caliphate which safeguarded Mecca and Medina.

The Turks are a different story. Although they are largely Sunni, they switched to Western alphabets and culture during the rise of the young Turks after WWI believing if Turkey was to survive in the post modern world they most disassociate themselves from Arabic alphabet and culture to advance. Before, they used sanskrit and we're referred to the West as simply "The Orient" or "Mohammedans".

During the Islamic conquests Arabs marched through Egypt. They met both Coptic and Byzantine resistence but overcame them easily. The Cops held out at Heliopolis but were eventually overrun, many fled to Nuria to seek refuge.

Next they marched to the Maghreb. The Berets felt they were being treated unfairly by the Arab hierarchy and revolted during The Great Berber Revolt. In North Africa, Christian churches in Egypt still speak Coptic, or pharaonic langauge, and Berger is still spoken in rural mountain locations of the Maghreb.

Personally, I am a Christian, so you can see why calling me an Arab would be seen as problematic to me, personally.

Thanks for reading.

Enjoy your qualification. I will be rooting for you guys. Egypt PROUDLY participates in, and wins AFRICAN Nations Cup tourneys.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Thanks Chief :)
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Go Egypt. 28 yrs is too long my brothers
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

I think currently Egypt is much more superior to Ghana in everything but mentality. My only issue with Egypt is that at the world cup they'll play with an inferiority complex even against a team like Costa Rica or even Fiji.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Bigpokey24 wrote:very good at the back with high work rates..
Dundee, where did you learn the word 'work rates' from? TFCO has to leave for a minute and you start firing bullets left, right and centre, shame!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Egypt are a very good tournament team (against other African teams anyway). They are actually the most "European" of the African sides (organised, tactically astute, rely on teamwork more than individual flashes of brilliance). They have a game changer in Salah. Such a shame Aboutrika never got to play at the WC.
Heliopolis wrote:It depends on what kind of draw we get. We play a boring style but it will keep us in every game. Gone are the days we win 3-0 one game and then lose the next one 3-2.

Anyways, I will be supporting every African team at the WC just like I have during every WC.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

ugly boy wrote:Egypt depending on the group they fall in may get to the 2nd round. That's good enough considering they won't disgrace the continent.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Kaboooooooooom :lol:
YUJAM wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Egypt is Egypt so unless I see differently, I have zero expectations from them at the WC

Yujam, I know their qualification must pain you no be small. I know how much you hate Egypt!
Nah. Just realistic
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Losing to Saudi Arabia with their WPOY contender, embarrassing!
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

ohenhen1 wrote:Egypt will lose all 3 games at the world cup.
Lottery ticket numbers please. Thanks in advance.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

you talk true
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

It's not the losing that pains me, it's how they lost. Totally out-classed. :boo: :boo:
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Rawlings wrote:
you talk true
No more Egypt please, Ghana even when they lose, do it with class. Well almost (here's looking at you Boye)!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

CAF should create a new law for Africa

If a team losses all three matches at the world cup, that team should be banned from the next world cup qualifications
Let's start with Egypt (and possibly Tunisia and Morocco)
Naija will escape the rule (for now)
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

tfco wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
...congratulations to SHORTY ONES (wRongling and thiefCo) from the country of SHORT PEOPLE...for wishing and getting answer over Egypt's no show at WC...
...enjoy it...
...how far with your thiefCo bribery issue?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Dear Pyramid FC

what's the gap between your WC victories?

24 years? 100 years?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S