I think Egypt will make Africa more Proud than Ghana

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
I think Egypt will make Africa more Proud than Ghana

Post by ugly boy »

Ghana is past it and the level of professionalism is at the gutter. Even at their peak their unprofessionalism caused other african countries to start fighting over bonuses. It started from the Ghana camp and seeped into other camps though not as bad. We don't need that type of depiction of african teams in 2018. Egypt depending on the group they fall in may get to the 2nd round. That's good enough considering they won't disgrace the continent.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I think Egypt will make Africa more Proud than Ghana

Post by pajimoh »

Yep, they won't be kissing money live on tv :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Nonsense. No African side has performed better than Ghana at the WC

Also bonus problems with African countries started decades before Ghana first qualified
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

i hope so for this fan's sake!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Egypt will lose all 3 games at the world cup.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

pajimoh wrote:Yep, they won't be kissing money live on tv :sneaky:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

YUJAM wrote:Nonsense. No African side has performed better than Ghana at the WC

Also bonus problems with African countries started decades before Ghana first qualified
We are talking about 2018 not history lesson. Egyptian FA is more professional , their players are more professional and there isn't much difference in both teams on the pitch
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

metalalloy wrote:i hope so for this fan's sake!
they needed it, kai after all the wahala they went through with the ban, Arab spring, winning afons like no tomorrow.. i do recall them in 1990, they only lost one game.. happy for them sha.. oh and the joy of watching Mo -Salah tormenting those Europeans go sweet my belle
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]
SuperEagles

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Despite having Salah I dont like this Egypt team.

They are far too defensive and dont play that free flowing passing technical football that the past Egypt sides played.

The Egyptian teams during the 2010 and 2014 worldcups were better than this current one IMO.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote:Despite having Salah I dont like this Egypt team.

They are far too defensive and dont play that free flowing passing technical football that the past Egypt sides played.

The Egyptian teams during the 2010 and 2014 worldcups were better than this current one IMO.
How many world cups did the "free flowing passing technical football" qualify them for?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

metalalloy wrote:

How many world cups did the "free flowing passing technical football" qualify them for?
gbosa.. Egypt are a counter attacking team ,very good at the back with high work rates.. i see them causing trouble . they are the number 1 ranked team on the continent.. the best CAF team today
SuperEagles

marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

gbosa.. Egypt are a counter attacking team ,very good at the back with high work rates.. i see them causing trouble . they are the number 1 ranked team on the continent.. the best CAF team today
Not necessarily. Senegal and Nigeria are as good, if not better.
But I would love Egypt tournament ruthlessness to present itself at the World Cup. Back in 1990 they didn't do that bad actually.
FIFA rankings mean jack.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

It depends on what kind of draw we get. We play a boring style but it will keep us in every game. Gone are the days we win 3-0 one game and then lose the next one 3-2.

Anyways, I will be supporting every African team at the WC just like I have during every WC.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Egypt is Egypt so unless I see differently, I have zero expectations from them at the WC
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

YUJAM wrote:Egypt is Egypt so unless I see differently, I have zero expectations from them at the WC

Yujam, I know their qualification must pain you no be small. I know how much you hate Egypt!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Undertaker wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Egypt is Egypt so unless I see differently, I have zero expectations from them at the WC

Yujam, I know their qualification must pain you no be small. I know how much you hate Egypt!
Nah. Just realistic
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

What the hell are you saying :???: :???:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

YUJAM wrote:
Undertaker wrote:

Nah. Just realistic
How Peanut Butter & Jealous are you right now?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I don't think they see themselves as African but that's another story,good luck to them anyway!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Eaglezbeak wrote:I don't think they see themselves as African but that's another story,good luck to them anyway!
Enough with this nonsense. We play in Africa and not Asia for a reason and refer to Sudan ands our brothers and not Saudi Arabia for a reason too.

Fyi, Egypt's relationship with Arabs with the Gulf states isn't very good. In fact, they downright dislike one another. So to say this is pretty I'll advised and in poor taste. North Africans are African and as an African you should know that the definition of one isn't like being European . In Europe you must look European to be European. Africa's definition of being African is to be from the continent of Africa, to live and breathe the air of Africa makes anyone, regardless of race, background or religion - an African.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:I don't think they see themselves as African but that's another story,good luck to them anyway!
rubbish.. they are Aficans. No matter how you feel or say they are AFRICANS full final stop.. Mo-Salah is an African boy, Ekong is an African , Balogun is an African ... do you want me to continue. Osaze is an African.. so stop all these rubbish talk

it is for our own continent's interest , that they do well in Russia
SuperEagles

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ElHadary wrote:
Enough with this nonsense. We play in Africa and not Asia for a reason and refer to Sudan ands our brothers and not Saudi Arabia for a reason too.

Fyi, Egypt's relationship with Arabs with the Gulf states isn't very good. In fact, they downright dislike one another. So to say this is pretty I'll advised and in poor taste. North Africans are African and as an African you should know that the definition of one isn't like being European . In Europe you must look European to be European. Africa's definition of being African is to be from the continent of Africa, to live and breathe the air of Africa makes anyone, regardless of race, background or religion - an African.
My dear friend. Congratulations. Egypt represents Africa and I will be rooting for all teams from Africa.

BTW! It must be pointed out Egyptians are Egyptians, not Arabs.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.