Egypt's president rewards players & coach $US85,000 to each

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Egypt's president rewards players & coach $US85,000 to each

Post by iworo »

2018 World Cup: Egypt's president rewards players and coach

Egypt's President Abdul Fattah al-Sisi has given a bonus of $US85,000 to each of the players who clinched a place at the 2018 World Cup finals in Russia.

A 2-1 win over Congo Brazzaville saw them qualify for the global showpiece for the first time since 1990.

The president announced the reward on Monday as he met the Argentine coach Hector Cuper and the players.

"Maybe we don't play beautiful football but we are at the World cup and that's the most important thing," Cuper said.

Al-Sisi had special praise for match-winner Mohamed Salah, who scored a penalty in injury time to secure the qualification.

"I am proud of all the players but especially of Mo Salah who was brave enough to take the crucial penalty," the president said.

"Also thank you to coach Cuper who has made our dreams come true."

Liverpool forward Salah was already looking ahead to Russia.

"We are determined to make the country and continent proud in Russia," Salah said.

"I am very happy to lead Egypt to a World Cup after 28 years and to make a 100 million proud of us."

The Pharaohs have won a record seven Africa Cup of Nations titles but have only been to the World Cup twice in 1934 and 1990 and are yet to win a game at the finals.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41551283
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: Egypt's president rewards players & coach $US85,000 to e

Post by DIMKA76 »

What a waste of resources. These guys are better off than most. They earn a decent wage. The money might be better spent on other more pressing things.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

DIMKA76 wrote:What a waste of resources. These guys are better off than most. They earn a decent wage. The money might be better spent on other more pressing things.
Especially in Egypt where the economy has been absolutely shattered and they're dealing with an ever growing population they cannot support.

The country's in crisis mode right now.

However, yesterday was a day I'll never forget. Unfortunately my pop is no longer with us, but I'm sure he's looking down smiling. :)
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

DIMKA76 wrote: What a waste of resources. These guys are better off than most. They earn a decent wage. The money might be better spent on other more pressing things.
:agree: :agree: :agree: Besides, what if FIFA orders the match between Uganda and Ghana replayed and Uganda wins?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...another useless African despot. I bet that money is from Trump (AID) to el-Sisi (the sissified-one,) for releasing a yank girl. Ewu Trump supporter.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

There goes the US grant for 2017
Last edited by jette1 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

I don't get when countries do this...especially developing countries.

Playing at the world cup is and should be enough motivation and reward.

So what if by some miracle they actually win the damn thing...i guess Egypt will empty it's treasury and bankrupt itself to reward them.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

just pray Kuwait Oman or Saudi never make it to world cup or you would see each player getting a million before they even kick a ball
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."