One player who needs to be tried out against Algeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ogasir
Egg
Egg
One player who needs to be tried out against Algeria

Post by ogasir »

Kelechi Nwakali-The Next Nigerian midfield Maestro
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: One player who needs to be tried out against Algeria

Post by Otitokoro »

Don't see it happening.
ogasir wrote:Kelechi Nwakali-The Next Nigerian midfield Maestro
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Keep the same team, focus on the 23 a d only include better options....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

I have repeatedly said that nwKali is the next thing to mikel, looking at our midfield options if there is an injury to mikel and onazi SE will struggle with the currently players we have on the bench..

Like for like the similar replacement to mikel should be Etebo. Nwakali is ready , let’s try him out now because mikel agu is not creative. The only creative player with rugged style of play is etebo. Iwobi is not so strong in that position yet.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

I'd give Nwakali, Osimhen, Onyekuru, Kayode, Sarenren Bazee, Ola Aina a look-in plus any other dual nationality player we wanna lick down.

Victor Moses, Mikel don't need to make the trip.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

theYemster wrote:I'd give Nwakali, Osimhen, Onyekuru, Kayode, Sarenren Bazee, plus Ola Aina a look-in.

Rohr says he wants Nigeria to finish the campaign unbeaten. In any case, I doubt that both Mikel Obi and Vic MO will play against Algeria and in a possible friendly against Morocco in November.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

osita wrote:
I have repeatedly said that nwKali is the next thing to mikel, looking at our midfield options if there is an injury to mikel and onazi SE will struggle with the currently players we have on the bench..

Like for like the similar replacement to mikel should be Etebo. Nwakali is ready , let’s try him out now because mikel agu is not creative. The only creative player with rugged style of play is etebo. Iwobi is not so strong in that position yet.
Chief, I beg to disagree. For the second game in a row, Ndidi has shown a tremendous ability to effectively create when pushed up. Against Cameroun, as soon as Mikel went off and he went more up front, he did the same. Yesterday, the sooner Agu realised he was the holder, Ndidi again became the man with the passing game when the skipper started blowing a bit.

Yes, Nwakali might deserve a chance, but we have a gem in Ndidi who is fluid enough to make the team tick all game long.
To stop trying is to start dying
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

nah
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Shownoja wrote:
osita wrote:

Chief, I beg to disagree. For the second game in a row, Ndidi has shown a tremendous ability to effectively create when pushed up. Against Cameroun, as soon as Mikel went off and he went more up front, he did the same. Yesterday, the sooner Agu realised he was the holder, Ndidi again became the man with the passing game when the skipper started blowing a bit.

Yes, Nwakali might deserve a chance, but we have a gem in Ndidi who is fluid enough to make the team tick all game long.

I don't understand what you are disagreeing with? The world cup will be made up of 23 players, for example if mikel and Etebo are out with injury during the worldcup what happens?

We could see when onazi got injured, the zambias had a filled day in our midfield, and one of the shots taken from midfield was when Mikel Agu could not win the ball in midfield.

You will rely with Mikel Agu, jOHN OGU and Onazi, where will the creativity come from?

I also believe we have a major problem with the striker position. Igahol just average he misses too many opportunities, in the worldcup we can not afford those misses. we need a proved and mobile striker like PAUL ONUACHU and Bonaveture.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I'd really love to see Kelechi Nwakali tried against Algeria. It's a dead rubber game. If you're good enough, you're old enough.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

osita wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
osita wrote:

I don't understand what you are disagreeing with? The world cup will be made up of 23 players, for example if mikel and Etebo are out with injury during the worldcup what happens?

We could see when onazi got injured, the zambias had a filled day in our midfield, and one of the shots taken from midfield was when Mikel Agu could not win the ball in midfield.

You will rely with Mikel Agu, jOHN OGU and Onazi, where will the creativity come from?

I also believe we have a major problem with the striker position. Igahol just average he misses too many opportunities, in the worldcup we can not afford those misses. we need a proved and mobile striker like PAUL ONUACHU and Bonaveture.
"...looking at our midfield options if there is an injury to mikel and onazi SE will struggle..." - this is what I disagree with. We will not struggle, because we have Ndidi who can link the play well. I do agree with you that it will be nice to see what Nwakali can do - for his own talent, and not because the team will struggle if Mikel is out.
To stop trying is to start dying
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

As much as I love Ndidi his passing ability and hold up play is nowhere near the level of Mikel. We have no replacement for Mikel. End of. Maybe Nwakali can step up, not to mention Nwakali's set piece quality would be a game changer.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

if we are looking for a replacement for mikel we first need to specify "which" mikel
"Old Mikel" the central holding midfielder or new Mikel the attacking midfielder
A better replacement for Old mikel would be Azubuike. I would invite him ahead of Nwakali
A better replacement or back up for new Mikel would be Etebo, Iwobi or Aluko.
All are better Attacking midfielders right now than Nwakali
No real justification (besides usual fan hype) for inviting Nwakali let alone capping him v Algeria
No evidence he is better than any of the aforementioned players
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Isn't it lovely how we will have more to discuss about our SE..long live The SE. Long live our football and long live CE
SuperEagles

osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Shownoja wrote:
osita wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
osita wrote:

"...looking at our midfield options if there is an injury to mikel and onazi SE will struggle..." - this is what I disagree with. We will not struggle, because we have Ndidi who can link the play well. I do agree with you that it will be nice to see what Nwakali can do - for his own talent, and not because the team will struggle if Mikel is out.

Bro, Ndidi is a fantastic addition, you seem not to get my point, am saying we need to grow Nwakali, he was the MVP in the u17s, he can't be that bad as he is already playing first team footy for vvv venlo. The midfielders we currently have don't have this style of play, Nwakali is somehow similar .

When we played south African we missed Mikel and his ability to control the game, nwakali brings a similar approach to mikel's style.
Last edited by osita on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I agree he should be invited. Only new and fringe players for the Algeria game.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Smartbrother, I agree we need a Mikel backup and I mean a very similar type of player..because the Mikel we have for the SE, defends, and attacks..I don't know what they are feeding the bobo in china, but he has more speed now..his recovery is out of this world. Just look at the sliding tackles a playmaker makes..kai I haven't seen such in the history of our football..a number 10 who attacks, defend and dictate play..90% of all our goals so far he gets involved in them

Rohr must do everything to find a similar back up..I don't want what happened in Brazil to rear it's head again after onazi got subbed...we need a capable bench in midfield. ..cos in attack and defense, we have very good backups that can push the startes, a we won't even notice any drop in quality....but in midfield, if Mikel, Onazi and Ndidi are subbed off..wahala dey
SuperEagles

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Smartbrother, I agree we need a Mikel backup and I mean a very similar type of player..because the Mikel we have for the SE, defends, and attacks..I don't know what they are feeding the bobo in china, but he has more speed now..his recovery is out of this world. Just look at the sliding tackles a playmaker makes..kai I haven't seen such in the history of our football..a number 10 who attacks, defend and dictate play..90% of all our goals so far he gets involved in them

Rohr must do everything to find a similar back up..I don't want what happened in Brazil to rear it's head again after onazi got subbed...we need a capable bench in midfield. ..cos in attack and defense, we have very good backups that can push the startes, a we won't even notice any drop in quality....but in midfield, if Mikel, Onazi and Ndidi are subbed off..wahala dey
:agree: :agree:
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Keep the same team but find better players at:

Defensive midfield: Drop Ogu and Esiti if you think Agu is better and find better.
Left back:Joel Obi as a wing back, get Torunarigha and Udohukhai
Right wing: Bazee
Strikers: Bonaventure, Onyekuru, Abraham

Although I doubt any of the strikers for two reasons:
In Rohr's system every must attack in mass and DEFEND.

Abraham must have the physicality to play alone. These two, Kayode, Nacho, Abraham, don't defend if used on the wing and don't have the strength to play solo in a 4-2-3-1.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

smartbrother wrote:if we are looking for a replacement for mikel we first need to specify "which" mikel
"Old Mikel" the central holding midfielder or new Mikel the attacking midfielder
A better replacement for Old mikel would be Azubuike. I would invite him ahead of Nwakali
A better replacement or back up for new Mikel would be Etebo, Iwobi or Aluko.
All are better Attacking midfielders right now than Nwakali
No real justification (besides usual fan hype) for inviting Nwakali let alone capping him v Algeria
No evidence he is better than any of the aforementioned players
1.Mikel has really matured both new and old, and his ability to defend and attack was based on his experience playing in various positions over the years.

2.Iwobi played in central midfield against Senegal in a friendly and lost possession numerous times that he had to be replaced, the Senegalese gave him a taste of the west African style of physicality. Iwobi is better on the wing for now, he seems more comfortable coming in from there into the midfield, but the draw back is his defending, nwakali is very good at shielding like mikel, iwobi not good at it. in midfield this helps to stabilize possession of play for the team.

3.Etebo is rugged and ideal for the African game but against south African he was found wanting because he could not control the game and carry the team along.

4.Aluko maybe he can sit in for mikel, but his game has not yet being taken to the next level, still the same old stuff, but should be invited.

5Nwakali is young, being developed, just like how mikel was developed during his first AFCON and was not really first team then. Watch clips of Nwakali in his last club and how he controlled plays for his team.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

We need to find players now that are good not just against African opposition but non-African opposition. That means we need high IQ players with good technical ability. The players that emphasize on the physical game aren't going to help us advance beyond the group stage or round of 16.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Enugu II wrote:
theYemster wrote:I'd give Nwakali, Osimhen, Onyekuru, Kayode, Sarenren Bazee, plus Ola Aina a look-in.

Rohr says he wants Nigeria to finish the campaign unbeaten. In any case, I doubt that both Mikel Obi and Vic MO will play against Algeria and in a possible friendly against Morocco in November.
I think trying out fringe players with huge upside should take priority over finishing unbeaten. Besides he can still field a strong team comprised with a sprinkling of a few of these players. For example I'd play the defense of Balogun and Ekong, include Ndidi and Etebo in midfield.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

TheHitman47 wrote:We need to find players now that are good not just against African opposition but non-African opposition. That means we need high IQ players with good technical ability. The players that emphasize on the physical game aren't going to help us advance beyond the group stage or round of 16.
WHEN I READ BETWEEN THE LINES HERE, THE SUBTLE SUGGESTION IS THAT...

...African players = physical; non-Nigerians = IQ. I'd just want to inform the author that even though they are wearing the colors of an African nation, the likes of Aina, Iwobi, Balogun, Ekong, V. Moses, have very little if any experience playing African style. BTW, finding the type of players recommended by the author is not like going to the showroom and selecting whatever you want. You get IQ players when they come. On their own schedule.
Bell