Imagine this world cup scenario for a sec...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Imagine this world cup scenario for a sec...

Post by Tobi17 »

just close your eyes fellas and picture a live world cup tournament over a series of matches played...and then we have Nigeria facing Brazil...France...Portugal...Germany etc...and then we have Ezenwa vs the likes of Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, Mbappe, Griezman, CRon, Suarez, Muller, Lewandowski :shock: :shock:
Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg
Re: Imagine this world cup scenario for a sec...

Post by Bobo Dan »

Tobi17 wrote:just close your eyes fellas and picture a live world cup tournament over a series of matches played...and then we have Nigeria facing Brazil...France...Portugal...Germany etc...and then we have Ezenwa vs the likes of Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, Mbappe, Griezman, CRon, Suarez, Muller, Lewandowski :shock: :shock:
Tobi, I'd initially wanted to let this your thread slide but I just cant help myself but pen a reply.

So, whats wrong with the scenario?

Is Ezenwa NOT a human being like those other names you mentioned?
Or those names you mentioned have got 2 heads as against one given to every individual human beign?
What gives you the impression and guarantee that these names you mention shall definitely be victorious in this so=called scenario?
But why do we Nigerians sell ourselves short at every given opportunity in life?
I just dont understand
If only football is played with names and mouth, Argentina will have been in Russia before a ball is kicked in anger
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

See colonial mental illness. :shock:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:See colonial mental illness. :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

We always say stupid stuff like this. The fact remains apart from one horrible afternoon in 1998, Nigeria has never been humbled in a WC game. We lost a few, yes, but only once blown away.
Ezenwa will be fine.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

waka-man wrote:We always say stupid stuff like this. The fact remains apart from one horrible afternoon in 1998, Nigeria has never been humbled in a WC game. We lost a few, yes, but only once blown away.
Ezenwa will be fine.
We definitely have not been humbled 7-1 like the almighty Brazil were, or even 5-1 like Spain, or 4-0 like Argentina. We will be fine. Let them worry about us.

Wha choo looking at?!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Bobo Dan wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:just close your eyes fellas and picture a live world cup tournament over a series of matches played...and then we have Nigeria facing Brazil...France...Portugal...Germany etc...and then we have Ezenwa vs the likes of Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, Mbappe, Griezman, CRon, Suarez, Muller, Lewandowski :shock: :shock:
Tobi, I'd initially wanted to let this your thread slide but I just cant help myself but pen a reply.

So, whats wrong with the scenario?

Is Ezenwa NOT a human being like those other names you mentioned?
Or those names you mentioned have got 2 heads as against one given to every individual human beign?
What gives you the impression and guarantee that these names you mention shall definitely be victorious in this so=called scenario?
But why do we Nigerians sell ourselves short at every given opportunity in life?
I just dont understand
If only football is played with names and mouth, Argentina will have been in Russia before a ball is kicked in anger
My brother I wonder o...First of all they said that we wouldn't qualify now they want us to imagine scenarios...It is a damn shame if you ask me, honestly it is...smdh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

chei!! I dey joke oooo!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Ghana was a Jordan Ayew brainfart away from going up 3-1 against Germany in the last World Cup.

Even with with 6 farmers in the squad and the team staying up most of the night to fight about money to the level of Gucci slaps, Nigeria scored a good goal, and should have had a man advantage against France, and were only undone by some horrible mistake, and Enyeama error & a Yobo own goal? (I've never watched the replay, I was in the stands).

I've said this before. Except for 1998, we've had enough to make the Semi Finals of every world cup. We just can't seem to keep our fingers off the self destruct button. It will be different this time though. I just feel it.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Why do I have to close my eyes. So your prostration to your masters look more acceptable?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...inferiority complex of the fans will never translate to the players on the field. They will be stand tall and straight against any foe thrown at them in Russia.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

I remember a Spanish work colleague telling me before our encounter with them in France'98 that with the array of talent they had, Nigeria would lose to their 4th team.... The rest they say is history..

In such an encounter, Nigeria will deemed to be the underdog... we thrive in this kind of situation.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tufiakwa