Ghana Appeal to FIFA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ghana Appeal to FIFA

Post by Kabalega »

It's not over yet.

And there is no guarantee that they will win a replay either.

Ghana asks FIFA for World Cup qualifier replay with Uganda after controversial refereeing

3 HOURS AGO
BY EDGAR KAZIBWE

Ghana FA has asked FIFA to review possibility of a World Cup qualifier replay with Uganda after controversial refereeing that marred the goalless draw at Mandela National Stadium in Kampala on Saturday.

Two goals scored by the Ghanaians on the day were ruled out with a penalty also denied by referee Daniel Bennett and his assistants Eldrick Adelaide and Steve Marie, a show the visiting players felt was unfair.

According to a statement released by the Ghana FA immediately after the match concerning the complaints they are lodging, the body has requested FIFA the qualifier respectfully be replayed under a fair environment to decide the fate of both sides ahead of their final group games.
The statement read;

The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has lodged a protest with FIFA over the performance of referee Daniel Bennett and his assistants Eldrick Adelaide and Steve Marie during the 2018 World Cup qualifier against Uganda on Saturday.

The GFA filed the protest to football’s world governing body, FIFA, immediately after the match at the Mandela National Stadium in Kampala. Mr Bennett and assistants denied Ghana a perfect goal in the 93rd minute with television replays showing that it was a perfect goal.

The referee also denied Ghana a penalty earlier in the second-half when Ghana midfielder Frank Acheampong was brought down in the box. These and several other decisions by the match officials have left the GFA with no option than to ask FIFA to examine their performances.

The GFA respectfully asked FIFA to consider the possibility of a replay in order to serve the ends of justice without fear or favour.

Ghana Black Stars’ disallowed goal from substitute Raphael Dinamena in the 4th minute of added time forced players to plead their case when the whistle was blown but the referee stood by his second assistant referee Jonathan Steve Marie’s signal for offside.

If the match is replayed, Ghana will have no option but win for a chance at the 2018 World Cup in Russia. Uganda will have to win as well to brighten their chances of a maiden appearance at the World Cup.

https://www.kawowo.com/2017/10/08/ghana ... efereeing/
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ghana Appeal to FIFA

Post by Kabalega »

Ghana lodge protest with Fifa after 0-0 draw in Uganda

4 hours ago From the sectionFootball

Uganda and Ghana failed to score in their penultimate match of Group E
A controversial end to Uganda's 0-0 draw at home to Ghana in Group E of World Cup qualifying led to the Black Stars lodging a protest with Fifa over refereeing decisions during the match.

Ghana had a goal from Raphael Dwamena ruled out for offside in stoppage time, and the Ghana Football Association (GFA) announced it had launched an official protest.

"The GFA filed the protest to Fifa, immediately after the match at the Mandela National Stadium in Kampala," Ghana's FA statement said.

"Mr Bennett [referee] and assistants denied Ghana a perfect goal in the 93rd minute with television replays showing that it was a perfect goal.

"The referee also denied Ghana a penalty earlier in the second half when Ghana midfielder Frank Acheampong was brought down in the box.

"These and several other decisions by the match officials have left the GFA with no option than to ask Fifa to examine their performances," the statement added.

African WC Qualifying Group E Played Points
Egypt 4 9
Uganda 5 8
Ghana 5 6
Congo Brazzaville 4 1

The 0-0 draw virtually ends Ghana's hopes of reaching Russia, although Uganda will hope that Congo Brazzaville can defeat Egypt on Sunday to keep their own hopes alive.

A victory for the Pharoahs against Congo in Alexandria will put Egypt through with one match remaining.

Only the five group winners will qualify for Russia 2018 from Africa.

In a tense finish to the match in Kampala, Uganda striker Emmanuel Okwi had a shot from long-range saved.

But it was the disallowed goal which stole the headlines, as Ghana players surrounded the match officials after the final whistle, leaving Black Stars coach Kwesi Appiah baffled.

"I think it was a good goal because the goalkeeper punched back the ball," said Appiah after the match.

As for the Cranes coach Moses Basena, he said he was disappointed they failed to collect three points.

"We shall keep working hard because this is a young team," Bassena said.

The draw leaves Egypt top of Group E with nine points, Uganda moved to eight points and Ghana six.
Source
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Foolish FA
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Chief Kabelega, troble don com for una (Uganda) be dat-o! I knew Ghana will certainly file an appeal from what I saw and they did not disappoint. FIFA, over to you!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...so the bredas are effectively begging for a wc spot instead of winning one like everyone :lol: :lol:
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Kabelega, what are you still doing here? I thought you would take your usual leave of absence after we despatched of Zambia?

We despatched the African champions Cameroon and you discredited that. You said Zambia was the best thing since sliced bread. Well, we beat them home and away in games that are one year apart. Hope you're man enough to give credit where it's due.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote:...so the bredas are effectively begging for a wc spot instead of winning one like everyone :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Basically, that's it :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

mcal wrote:...so the bredas are effectively begging for a wc spot instead of winning one like everyone :lol: :lol:
They're just trying to save face. Their chances of qualifying are pretty much nill. Egypt just needs to win at home against the most useless team in the group to eliminate Ghana.

If anything, a replay would give Uganda a tiny glimpse of hope i.e. winning and forcing Egypt to need a result from the last game away to Ghana.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

What if it was replayed and they get whooped like they stole a Fanti man's Kenkey? Now that would be funny :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by pajimoh on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Once Egypt wins today, I hope they will still go for the appeal.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Odas wrote:Chief Kabelega, troble don com for una (Uganda) be dat-o! I knew Ghana will certainly file an appeal from what I saw and they did not disappoint. FIFA, over to you!
This is a good thing because both teams would get to play with the advantage of knowing Egypt's score against Congo.
Both games should have been scheduled at the same time like Nigeria's group.

If they replay the game, the pitch will be much better.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Orion wrote:Kabelega, what are you still doing here? I thought you would take your usual leave of absence after we despatched of Zambia?

We despatched the African champions Cameroon and you discredited that. You said Zambia was the best thing since sliced bread. Well, we beat them home and away in games that are one year apart. Hope you're man enough to give credit where it's due.
I wanted to see the Nigerian Eagles beat Zambia like the predictions on CE, but was disappointed that it turned out to be a "too close to call" game like I predicted.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Kabalega wrote:
Orion wrote:Kabelega, what are you still doing here? I thought you would take your usual leave of absence after we despatched of Zambia?

I wanted to see the Nigerian Eagles beat Zambia like the predictions on CE, but was disappointed that it turned out to be a "too close to call" game like I predicted.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Liar. You wanted to see a Zambia victory. We won, period. You should be talkihng about the daylight robbery with arms you lot perpetrated on the bredas. You guys thief thiefco and he'll never forgive you for that :rotf:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

pajimoh wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Liar. You wanted to see a Zambia victory. We won, period. You should be talkihng about the daylight robbery with arms you lot perpetrated on the bredas. You guys thief thiefco and he'll never forgive you for that :rotf:
Wetin happen to the 4-0 score-lines predicted on CE?

Anyway, let us pray that FIFA replays the Ghana game because the atrocious pitch affected the Cranes game.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The 11 dwarfs of Ghana are desperate pa!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Kabalega wrote:

Too close to call?

Only in your wet dreams. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yes, fans will make all kinds of predictions but the team knows all they need to do is WIN and qualify and they were in full control of the game. Scoring was not even in question, it was just a matter of when. What's the point in accumulating goals when you've already qualified?

Cameroon and Algeria gave our defence more trouble than these scared and toothless Zambians. They were playing scared and I even noticed they were wasting time in taking corner kicks when it was still 0-0, in a game they really needed to win to have any realistic chance of qualifying. They would have collected more goals if they had actually come out to play. You hyped them to high heavens and we beat them home and away. SE was the best team in the group (and probably in the WCQers as a whole) and it is quite fitting that we were the first African team to qualify for 2018.

I know you're too much of a hater (and troll) to acknowledge that we were in a group of death made up of AFCON champions and regular World Cup participants and we blew them away like they were nothing.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Kabalega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Wetin happen to the 4-0 score-lines predicted on CE?

Anyway, let us pray that FIFA replays the Ghana game because the atrocious pitch affected the Cranes game.
Wetin happun to the beating Zambia was supposed to dish out? 4 nil or 1 nil is still 3points and ticket to Russia
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

The referee was atrocious, Ghana deserves a case, last min goal disallowed for nothing
Goldenera94
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

nemi2002 wrote:Once Egypt wins today, I hope they will still go for the appeal.
The appeal should depend on if Egypt losses their match today, but if they win no need for an appeal.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

goldenera94 wrote:The referee was atrocious, Ghana deserves a case, last min goal disallowed for nothing
nothing to do with the ref.

Missed call by linesman, happens all the time.

Next

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

tfco wrote:
goldenera94 wrote:The referee was atrocious, Ghana deserves a case, last min goal disallowed for nothing
nothing to do with the ref.

Missed call by linesman, happens all the time.

Next
$#% heppens
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

osita wrote:
The appeal should depend on if Egypt losses their match today, but if they win no need for an appeal.
Most of us do not care about World Cup qualification at this point. We messed up from the beginning and we’re very much aware of that. However, We were cheated yesterday for no reason . Two legit goals and a penalty disallowed. No explanation has been given as to why they were denied. We just want our three points regardless of the outcome of Egypt’s game today.
And u guys need to stop obsessing over matters concerning Ghana. Ghana is three borders away and we do not care what goes on eastwards. If u don’t believe me go to ghanaweb there isn’t s single thread with a mention of the word Nigeria...because we don’t care. Unlike here where there’re multiple threads dedicated to Ghana alone. Though we appreciate it, be advised that we we don’t and we won’t return the favor
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

aykwes8 wrote:
osita wrote:
Most of us do not care about World Cup qualification at this point. We messed up from the beginning and we’re very much aware of that. However, We were cheated yesterday for no reason . Two legit goals and a penalty disallowed. No explanation has been given as to why they were denied. We just want our three points regardless of the outcome of Egypt’s game today.
And u guys need to stop obsessing over matters concerning Ghana. Ghana is three borders away and we do not care what goes on eastwards. If u don’t believe me go to ghanaweb there isn’t s single thread with a mention of the word Nigeria...because we don’t care. Unlike here where there’re multiple threads dedicated to Ghana alone. Though we appreciate it, be advised that we we don’t and we won’t return the favor
Look at this midget! What do you need the 3 points for then if it is of no use to you? Ghanaweb is still open? That place has been a graveyard for years now. Please take your sorry asss back to the three borders you mentioned! Useless Ghananess!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!