I feel really bad for Messi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I feel really bad for Messi

Post by wiseone »

Argentina are the great underachievers of world football (worse than Holland, Nigeria, and Ivory Coast). How a team that has Higuain, Aguero, Dybala, Di Maria, Pastore, Macherano, and Otamendi struggles to qualify for the WC is beyond me. They also had Batistuta, Tevez, Crespo, Riqueleme, Cannigia, Ortega, Saviola, Veron, Samuel, Zanetti, Chamot, Almeyda, Sensini, Kily Gonzalez, Claudio Lopez, and Ayala in their team over the past 20 years - yet they regularly crash out of the WC in the group phase or round 2.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

wiseone wrote:Argentina are the great underachievers of world football (worse than Holland, Nigeria, and Ivory Coast). How a team that has Higuain, Aguero, Dybala, Di Maria, Pastore, Macherano, and Otamendi struggles to qualify for the WC is beyond me. They also had Batistuta, Tevez, Crespo, Riqueleme, Cannigia, Ortega, Saviola, Veron, Samuel, Zanetti, Chamot, Almeyda, Sensini, Kily Gonzalez, Claudio Lopez, and Ayala in their team over the past 20 years - yet they regularly crash out of the WC in the group phase or round 2.
If Messi had a striker the caliber of Batigol or even Crespo, Argentina would have won the WC easily in 2014.

Wha choo looking at?!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

They had Aguero, Higuain, and Tevez. Those guys are hardly local park trundlers.
Scipio Africanus wrote:
wiseone wrote:Argentina are the great underachievers of world football (worse than Holland, Nigeria, and Ivory Coast). How a team that has Higuain, Aguero, Dybala, Di Maria, Pastore, Macherano, and Otamendi struggles to qualify for the WC is beyond me. They also had Batistuta, Tevez, Crespo, Riqueleme, Cannigia, Ortega, Saviola, Veron, Samuel, Zanetti, Chamot, Almeyda, Sensini, Kily Gonzalez, Claudio Lopez, and Ayala in their team over the past 20 years - yet they regularly crash out of the WC in the group phase or round 2.
If Messi had a striker the caliber of Batigol or even Crespo, Argentina would have won the WC easily in 2014.