Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:05 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 17010
Location: Cyberspace
Argentina is a team of Messi and 10 scrubs. Can you imagine what this poor guy would have won with Argentina if he had strikers half the quality of Burruchage, Valdano or Caniggia? Messi would have won at least 1 WC and 1 Copa. Chei!

Anyway, my now be say if we jam them again for WC we have to beat them well well.

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 586
That's why I laugh when people fault him for not winning a world cup with Argentina, and go as far as comparing him to Maradona to score cheap points...forgetting Maradona in his days wasn't surrounded by a bunch of bums and trash players, he pretty much was the satellite among stars! Messi on the other hand is like the only world class player for his team...the likes of Di Maria,Aguero and Higuain obviously lack the difference making quality of a Messi despite been star players, Messi carries the burden of a whole nation on his shoulders, of course the pressure at some point will be too much to handle...he is human after all.


Last edited by Tobi17 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 29886
Location: Your worst Nightmare
Scrubs?

Higuain and Dybala best strikers in Serie A.

Aguero best striker in the Prem over the past 4 years.

Not talk of the fact he played with Tevez, Di Maria, Lavezzi and other stars in the best clubs in the world.

Na wa o...wetin hin want...Neymar and Ronaldo?

Messi himself is the problem, he is no leader and choked in 3 straight finals.

If Ronaldo and Robben had half the supporting cast Messi does they would have won the World cup by now.

_________________
Nigerian T-shirts online!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 1806
Really? Messi and 10 scrubs?

He has Di Maria, Otamendi, Biglia, Mascherano, Dybala and so on... Yet he lays with 10 scrubs?

Messi apologists are ridiculous.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 17010
Location: Cyberspace
airwolex wrote:
Scrubs?

Higuain and Dybala best strikers in Serie A.

Aguero best striker in the Prem over the past 4 years.

Not talk of the fact he played with Tevez, Di Maria, Lavezzi and other stars in the best clubs in the world.

Na wa o...wetin hin want...Neymar and Ronaldo?

Messi himself is the problem, he is no leader and choked in 3 straight finals.

If Ronaldo and Robben had half the supporting cast Messi does they would have won the World cup by now.


Higuain is not even in the top 3 strikers in Serie A, which is one of the weakest leagues in top flight European football. Slow, overweight and needs 10 chances to score.

Aguero never delivers for Argentina, never.

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 8999
I have been a huge Messi fan since day 1 but your argument is partially correct. There have been times when Messi carried Argentina on his back such as last night and during the 2014 World Cup.

People also forget that he was in fine form at the 2010 WC (but only focus on the fact he didn't score a goal). But there have been times where the game was there for the taking but Messi did not step up to the plate. He failed to up his game at the last two Copa America finals where Argentina were the better team than Chile yet Messi waited for the game to come to him rather than dominating it like a great player should.

Argentina has the talent to win the 2018 WC and also could've won it in 2014 and 2010. But they lack mental strength and Messi is no exception.

As great of a player as he is, I miss the pre-2010 Messi where he ran deep into midfield, retrieved the ball and caused chaos for defenders. Due to doctor's orders, he has relegated himself to the last third of the pitch to limit his workrate and preserve his career. This has limited his ability to dominate games.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 29886
Location: Your worst Nightmare
Quote:
Higuain is not even in the top 3 strikers in Serie A, which is one of the weakest leagues in top flight European football. Slow, overweight and needs 10 chances to score.

Aguero never delivers for Argentina, never.


Bros right now Higuain is one of the best strikers in the world. No matter who lines up beside Messi they seem to under achieve. Argentina has issues, but it's not because they have scrubs. Apart from Germany and maybe Brazil, nobody has a better squad on paper.

Personally I believe Messi, talented as he is is not a good leader. He chokes consistently and buckles under pressure. Ronaldo, Neymar and Alexis Sanchez would have won something if they were Argentine.

_________________
Nigerian T-shirts online!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 17010
Location: Cyberspace
marutimon wrote:
Really? Messi and 10 scrubs?

He has Di Maria, Otamendi, Biglia, Mascherano, Dybala and so on... Yet he lays with 10 scrubs?

Messi apologists are ridiculous.


You are listing names as if names win games. The players you listed, what have they done for Argentina? How many crucial goals, or even assists in a crunch game have they delivered? It is no surprise that the names you listed all play in so-so leagues. Where are the Barcelona, Real, or even Valencia players there? None. Most are collecting easy money in Serie A. :lol: :lol:

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 17010
Location: Cyberspace
airwolex wrote:
Quote:
Higuain is not even in the top 3 strikers in Serie A, which is one of the weakest leagues in top flight European football. Slow, overweight and needs 10 chances to score.

Aguero never delivers for Argentina, never.


Bros right now Higuain is one of the best strikers in the world. No matter who lines up beside Messi they seem to under achieve. Argentina has issues, but it's not because they have scrubs. Apart from Germany and maybe Brazil, nobody has a better squad on paper.

Personally I believe Messi, talented as he is is not a good leader. He chokes consistently and buckles under pressure. Ronaldo, Neymar and Alexis Sanchez would have won something if they were Argentine.


Paper? :lol: :lol: OK, mek I ask you dis wan.

How many of the Argentina players besides Messi would get into the Germany, Spain or France team?

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 17010
Location: Cyberspace
airwolex wrote:
Quote:
Higuain is not even in the top 3 strikers in Serie A, which is one of the weakest leagues in top flight European football. Slow, overweight and needs 10 chances to score.

Aguero never delivers for Argentina, never.


Bros right now Higuain is one of the best strikers in the world. No matter who lines up beside Messi they seem to under achieve. Argentina has issues, but it's not because they have scrubs. Apart from Germany and maybe Brazil, nobody has a better squad on paper.

Personally I believe Messi, talented as he is is not a good leader. He chokes consistently and buckles under pressure. Ronaldo, Neymar and Alexis Sanchez would have won something if they were Argentine.


You are repeating this mantra, but where are your stats? Higuain is not anywhere near that title, not even in the same postal code!

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 29886
Location: Your worst Nightmare
Quote:
How many of the Argentina players besides Messi would get into the Germany, Spain or France team?


At least they will make the Chilean and Portuguese team. :D

_________________
Nigerian T-shirts online!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 17010
Location: Cyberspace
Heliopolis wrote:
I have been a huge Messi fan since day 1 but your argument is partially correct. There have been times when Messi carried Argentina on his back such as last night and during the 2014 World Cup.

People also forget that he was in fine form at the 2010 WC (but only focus on the fact he didn't score a goal). But there have been times where the game was there for the taking but Messi did not step up to the plate. He failed to up his game at the last two Copa America finals where Argentina were the better team than Chile yet Messi waited for the game to come to him rather than dominating it like a great player should.

Argentina has the talent to win the 2018 WC and also could've won it in 2014 and 2010. But they lack mental strength and Messi is no exception.

As great of a player as he is, I miss the pre-2010 Messi where he ran deep into midfield, retrieved the ball and caused chaos for defenders. Due to doctor's orders, he has relegated himself to the last third of the pitch to limit his workrate and preserve his career. This has limited his ability to dominate games.


Besides Messi, I strongly disagree. Argentina will be thrashed if they come up against Brazil, Germany, France or Spain. It is an issue of talent. They are short on that score, besides Messi, and maybe Di Maria and Mascherano, who are not getting any younger.

I leave you with this video evidence. Beautiful passes from Messi to Higuain, wasted, among others.


_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 25579
By inference Nigeria must be a bigger scrub for losing to them. The things you read.....msshhheeeww

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 29886
Location: Your worst Nightmare
Scipio Africanus wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Quote:
Higuain is not even in the top 3 strikers in Serie A, which is one of the weakest leagues in top flight European football. Slow, overweight and needs 10 chances to score.

Aguero never delivers for Argentina, never.


Bros right now Higuain is one of the best strikers in the world. No matter who lines up beside Messi they seem to under achieve. Argentina has issues, but it's not because they have scrubs. Apart from Germany and maybe Brazil, nobody has a better squad on paper.

Personally I believe Messi, talented as he is is not a good leader. He chokes consistently and buckles under pressure. Ronaldo, Neymar and Alexis Sanchez would have won something if they were Argentine.


You are repeating this mantra, but where are your stats? Higuain is not anywhere near that title, not even in the same postal code!


If only Ronaldo and Sanchez had a scrub like Higuain and Aguero. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Bros the problem is number 10...MESSI. Great talent in club football, under achieving in International footy.

_________________
Nigerian T-shirts online!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 17010
Location: Cyberspace
pajimoh wrote:
By inference Nigeria must be a bigger scrub for losing to them. The things you read.....msshhheeeww


Of course they are. Facts not feelings.

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 11985
Location: Here
airwolex wrote:
Scrubs?

Higuain and Dybala best strikers in Serie A.

Aguero best striker in the Prem over the past 4 years.

Not talk of the fact he played with Tevez, Di Maria, Lavezzi and other stars in the best clubs in the world.

Na wa o...wetin hin want...Neymar and Ronaldo?

Messi himself is the problem, he is no leader and choked in 3 straight finals.

If Ronaldo and Robben had half the supporting cast Messi does they would have won the World cup by now.

Higuain is responsible for missing 2 easy tap-ins that would have led to two major trophies for Messi including a World Cup.

_________________
"The British were brought up as a violent people, liars, scoundrels and crooks... I am told that (former British prime minister Tony) Blair was a troublesome little boy at school." Robert Mugabe, 2001


Last edited by Kabalega on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 17010
Location: Cyberspace
airwolex wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Quote:
Higuain is not even in the top 3 strikers in Serie A, which is one of the weakest leagues in top flight European football. Slow, overweight and needs 10 chances to score.

Aguero never delivers for Argentina, never.


Bros right now Higuain is one of the best strikers in the world. No matter who lines up beside Messi they seem to under achieve. Argentina has issues, but it's not because they have scrubs. Apart from Germany and maybe Brazil, nobody has a better squad on paper.

Personally I believe Messi, talented as he is is not a good leader. He chokes consistently and buckles under pressure. Ronaldo, Neymar and Alexis Sanchez would have won something if they were Argentine.


You are repeating this mantra, but where are your stats? Higuain is not anywhere near that title, not even in the same postal code!


If only Ronaldo and Sanchez had a scrub like Higuain and Aguero. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Bros the problem is number 10...MESSI. Great talent in club football, under achieving in International footy.


Thank goodness they don't or Chile would not have won two Copas and Portugal would not have won last year's Euro. :laugh:

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 1811
Though the talent gap between Argentina and Brazil and the other teams in South America has decreased in recent years, Argentina on paper still has more talent and depth than any other team in South America (with the exception of Brazil). The likes of Aguero, Higuaín, Dybala, Icardi, Otamendi, Biglia, Mascherano, Zabaleta, Fiunes-More are all solid players. For some reason, the team is still far too reliant on Messi. Several of the other star players haven't played with the same level of consistency that they show for their clubs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 12886

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o


"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Cellular, Nov 16, 2017.
"I will take Trump over Clinton. But I am in the minority." - Cellular, Jul 19, 2016.
---
© The YeyeMan 2017
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 40670
:lol: they have only played like 6 competitive games in those months, and he scored 1 goal.

I like messi but haba, calling people like Kun and Higuain scrubs is a huge stretch.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 17010
Location: Cyberspace
The YeyeMan wrote:


:shock: :shock: :shock:

Says it all really

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 1806
The YeyeMan wrote:


Manipulative. The news should be: Argentina scored 1 goal in 6 games.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 11985
Location: Here
Scipio Africanus wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:
I have been a huge Messi fan since day 1 but your argument is partially correct. There have been times when Messi carried Argentina on his back such as last night and during the 2014 World Cup.

People also forget that he was in fine form at the 2010 WC (but only focus on the fact he didn't score a goal). But there have been times where the game was there for the taking but Messi did not step up to the plate. He failed to up his game at the last two Copa America finals where Argentina were the better team than Chile yet Messi waited for the game to come to him rather than dominating it like a great player should.

Argentina has the talent to win the 2018 WC and also could've won it in 2014 and 2010. But they lack mental strength and Messi is no exception.

As great of a player as he is, I miss the pre-2010 Messi where he ran deep into midfield, retrieved the ball and caused chaos for defenders. Due to doctor's orders, he has relegated himself to the last third of the pitch to limit his workrate and preserve his career. This has limited his ability to dominate games.


Besides Messi, I strongly disagree. Argentina will be thrashed if they come up against Brazil, Germany, France or Spain. It is an issue of talent. They are short on that score, besides Messi, and maybe Di Maria and Mascherano, who are not getting any younger.

I leave you with this video evidence. Beautiful passes from Messi to Higuain, wasted, among others.


He missed more than two? :shock: :shock:

_________________
"The British were brought up as a violent people, liars, scoundrels and crooks... I am told that (former British prime minister Tony) Blair was a troublesome little boy at school." Robert Mugabe, 2001


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ayo Akinfe, Bing [Bot], EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA, Google [Bot] and 49 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group