I feel really bad for Messi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: I feel really bad for Messi

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Argentina is a team of Messi and 10 scrubs. Can you imagine what this poor guy would have won with Argentina if he had strikers half the quality of Burruchage, Valdano or Caniggia? Messi would have won at least 1 WC and 1 Copa. Chei!

Anyway, my now be say if we jam them again for WC we have to beat them well well.
You feel bad for messi..pathetic
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bonecrusher
Egg
Egg

Post by bonecrusher »

Airwolex, tell me the last time Higuain scored a crucial goal? Yes he scored against Monaco last season in CL but that was after missing 2-3 clear chances. Higuain is the true definition of d.o.s.t

That said, you cannot but give Messi his credit. Yesterday's game needed someone to step up. And the guy didn't just step up, he showed the world why he is great. Remember that Argentina had not won in Ecuador for a very long time. What a way to step up. And that 3rd goal was just crazy.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
marutimon wrote:Really? Messi and 10 scrubs?

He has Di Maria, Otamendi, Biglia, Mascherano, Dybala and so on... Yet he lays with 10 scrubs?

Messi apologists are ridiculous.
You are listing names as if names win games. The players you listed, what have they done for Argentina? How many crucial goals, or even assists in a crunch game have they delivered? It is no surprise that the names you listed all play in so-so leagues. Where are the Barcelona, Real, or even Valencia players there? None. Most are collecting easy money in Serie A. :lol: :lol:
So, what should he mention? Their spouses or children? Truth is Argentina has some of the best players in the world. Or how do you think they got to the last WC final?

Do you know any country that won the WC without big names? Big names lose matches but they don't lose all matches. They win more than they lose. Ask Arsenal. Yes, big names do win matches, particularly WC matches.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

bonecrusher wrote:Airwolex, tell me the last time Higuain scored a crucial goal? Yes he scored against Monaco last season in CL but that was after missing 2-3 clear chances. Higuain is the true definition of d.o.s.t

That said, you cannot but give Messi his credit. Yesterday's game needed someone to step up. And the guy didn't just step up, he showed the world why he is great. Remember that Argentina had not won in Ecuador for a very long time. What a way to step up. And that 3rd goal was just crazy.
Higuain will go down as one of the better strikers of his generation. So will Tevez and Aguero. You guys just want to make excuses for Messi. If Huguain, Tevez, Aguero, Dybala, Di Maria, Otamendi, Banega, Lavezzi are all over rated so is Messi.

When Argentina reach finals it's Messi that did it alone, when they lose it's because of the scrubs.

For me it's more of a leadership and mental lapse in all of them...especially Messi, who has played badly in the 3 finals he has been in.
Last edited by airwolex on Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

bonecrusher wrote:Airwolex, tell me the last time Higuain scored a crucial goal? Yes he scored against Monaco last season in CL but that was after missing 2-3 clear chances. Higuain is the true definition of d.o.s.t

:clap: :clap: :clap: You nailed it. Argentina had not won in Ecuador since 1935. That puts Messi's determination, skill and ability to carry that team in perspective. The poor guy has been let down too many times. If Caniggia, Batigol or even Crespo were still playing, we would have been talking about Messi as a WC winner and two time Copa winner.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

airwolex wrote:

Higuain will go down as one of the better strikers of his generation. So will Tevez and Aguero. You guys just want to make excuses for Messi. If Huguain, Tevez, Aguero, Dybala, Di Maria, Otamendi, Banega, Lavezzi are all over rated so is Messi.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Are you kidding me? What is this based upon? Chei! How many goals does he have in a CL final, how many goals at the WC? How many goals at Copa America? He is not fit to shine the shoes of the great Argentine strikers of the past. Tevez and Aguero disappear when the going gets tough for Argentina. Tevez was on the field when Argentina swallowed 4-0 from Germany without eba.

Argentina had not won in Ecuador since 1935. They needed a win in Ecuador to qualify and Messi took it upon himself to score a hat-trick to secure the WC ticket and give Argentina its first win there in 82 years.

When CRon left the final of Euro 2016 early with an injury, his teammates came through for him and Portugal and still won the cup. Messi can count on no such support from his teammates.

Wha choo looking at?!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Are you kidding me? What is this based upon? Chei! How many goals does he have in a CL final, how many goals at the WC? How many goals at Copa America? He is not fit to shine the shoes of the great Argentine strikers of the past. Tevez and Aguero disappear when the going gets tough for Argentina. Tevez was on the field when Argentina swallowed 4-0 from Germany without eba.
Bros he is a Club star like Messi. How many goals has Messi scored in the WC? Please, Higuain is a good striker. from Real to Napoli nand Juventus he has scored loads of goals. Don't blame him for Argentina's woes. :D

BTW wasn't Messi playing when Germany gbenshed them 4-0?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Messi apologists out in full force and blaming everything else :laugh:
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Messi never led a team. In glorious days of barca we all know the leader of the team wasn't Messi. Ronaldo was successful at Euro Cup because he's is leader. When he couldn't continue at the tournament he went and spoke to his replacement Eder and inspired him, within minutes he scored. He did exactly what Ronaldo told him he's capable of doing, win the cup for Portugal. Zidane was like that too. Great players make ordinary player believe!
[/video]
[/video]
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

anointed wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
marutimon wrote:Really? Messi and 10 scrubs?

He has Di Maria, Otamendi, Biglia, Mascherano, Dybala and so on... Yet he lays with 10 scrubs?

Messi apologists are ridiculous.
You are listing names as if names win games. The players you listed, what have they done for Argentina? How many crucial goals, or even assists in a crunch game have they delivered? It is no surprise that the names you listed all play in so-so leagues. Where are the Barcelona, Real, or even Valencia players there? None. Most are collecting easy money in Serie A. :lol: :lol:
So, what should he mention? Their spouses or children? Truth is Argentina has some of the best players in the world. Or how do you think they got to the last WC final?

Do you know any country that won the WC without big names? Big names lose matches but they don't lose all matches. They win more than they lose. Ask Arsenal. Yes, big names do win matches, particularly WC matches.
The honest truth is that Argentina has a talented squad, you look at the names, they are quality players, much better than what most top national teams have, it's a squad that can be counted amongst the possible winners of the world Cup, it is very possible that Argentina may win the 2018 competition.

Why it got to that stage whereby they were needing a win to qualify is up for debate, but Messi is part of that team so cannot be excused. No cheap excuses.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Na wa for some forumites o...

You no like Messi; no wahala...

But to even suggest Messi is "over-rated" as a player is ridiculous...

And some of us, sha...You have Messi in a team and we still want a "leader" in that team... :???:
Mascherano, Aguero, De Maria, et al should be stoned if they ever utter a ridiculous excuse like that...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
bonecrusher
Egg
Egg

Post by bonecrusher »

airwolex wrote:

When Argentina reach finals it's Messi that did it alone, when they lose it's because of the scrubs.

For me it's more of a leadership and mental lapse in all of them...especially Messi, who has played badly in the 3 finals he has been in.

No one is saying Messi hasn't gone missing in games for Argentina. All I'm saying is if Messi doesn't show up Argentina doesn't either. If you can't see that then I don't know what else to say.

And Aguero is always injured that's why Higuain keeps starting. I guarantee you if Aguero had been fit in many of these games Argentina would have won at least a Copa.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

airwolex wrote:Scrubs?

Higuain and Dybala best strikers in Serie A.

Aguero best striker in the Prem over the past 4 years.

Not talk of the fact he played with Tevez, Di Maria, Lavezzi and other stars in the best clubs in the world.

Na wa o...wetin hin want...Neymar and Ronaldo?

Messi himself is the problem, he is no leader and choked in 3 straight finals.

If Ronaldo and Robben had half the supporting cast Messi does they would have won the World cup by now.
Wow, scrubs? So why would Nigeria think it can win a World Cup if Argentina's players are scrubs?
Unbelievable.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote:
airwolex wrote:Scrubs?

Higuain and Dybala best strikers in Serie A.

Aguero best striker in the Prem over the past 4 years.

Not talk of the fact he played with Tevez, Di Maria, Lavezzi and other stars in the best clubs in the world.

Na wa o...wetin hin want...Neymar and Ronaldo?

Messi himself is the problem, he is no leader and choked in 3 straight finals.

If Ronaldo and Robben had half the supporting cast Messi does they would have won the World cup by now.
Wow, scrubs? So why would Nigeria think it can win a World Cup if Argentina's players are scrubs?
Unbelievable.
1. Football is not transitive**, i.e. football is not mathematics
2. Past results are no guarantor of future results
3. Compared to Messi, the rest of the Argentina lineup are scrubs

**Transitive property
If A > B, and B > C, diafor A > C

Wha choo looking at?!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

the excuses thread

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

tfco wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

the excuses thread
<clears throat>

May I be the first to say....

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

:thumbs:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Chai if aguero, tevez, demaria, cambiasso, riquime, hinguain, pastors, lavechi, maxi Rodriquez, players that Messi played with at World Cup are scrub, then all footballers in the world are scrubs. All this players listed are one of the best or the best in their various leagues. El pipita shouldn't be exonerated for his ex finals misses. However, Messi had no excuselosing 3 finals with the caliber of players he had at his disposal
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Tobi17 wrote:That's why I laugh when people fault him for not winning a world cup with Argentina, and go as far as comparing him to Maradona to score cheap points...forgetting Maradona in his days wasn't surrounded by a bunch of bums and trash players, he pretty much was the satellite among stars! Messi on the other hand is like the only world class player for his team...the likes of Di Maria,Aguero and Higuain obviously lack the difference making quality of a Messi despite been star players, Messi carries the burden of a whole nation on his shoulders, of course the pressure at some point will be too much to handle...he is human after all.
Aguero, Higuain, Tevez, Correa, Dybala,....Scrubs?? Na you sabi

Even Germany cannot bost a strike force with that amount of talent, yet they are world champions.
There is more to winning than talent. Maybe Argentina should focus more on chemistry and defense than talent.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Argentina is a team of Messi and 10 scrubs. Can you imagine what this poor guy would have won with Argentina if he had strikers half the quality of Burruchage, Valdano or Caniggia? Messi would have won at least 1 WC and 1 Copa. Chei!

Anyway, my now be say if we jam them again for WC we have to beat them well well.
...me i feel bad for the midgets...we going to miss them at Russia...
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

tfco wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

the excuses thread
Welcome back! :clap: :clap:

Ghana don suffa no be small
Upon say una get sense
DNQ no good at all o
Na him make una come disappia

Wha choo looking at?!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Emotions and taste ruling the Messi debate. Messi is not a leader just because he does not exhibit personal egotism?
Messi's problem on the Argentina squad is that he is surrounded by selfish and jealous players like Higuain and Aguero.
Those two are less team players than what Messi has at FC Barcelona where team play is paramount. Doubters should
watch Messi in club and country with an open mind to appreciate my argument.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Higuain and Aguero are world class players. Come the World Cup, they will be firing on all cylinders. Make no mistake about that!

Other players to look out for come Russia 2018 are Di Maria, Otamendi, Mascherano, Alejandro Gomez and Acuna. They have a lot of depth ion their squad. Their only problem is that it is an ageing team.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

No one is saying Messi hasn't gone missing in games for Argentina. All I'm saying is if Messi doesn't show up Argentina doesn't either. If you can't see that then I don't know what else to say.

And Aguero is always injured that's why Higuain keeps starting. I guarantee you if Aguero had been fit in many of these games Argentina would have won at least a Copa.
If you can't see that in 3 finals Messi should have shown up in one then I don't know what else to tell you.