What is the antidote to Neymar, Jesus and Coutiniho?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
What is the antidote to Neymar, Jesus and Coutiniho?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Nna, this trio na pepper oooooo
[2] Any defence who faces them will have their hands full
[3] Look dem midfield self and na goalscorers full there
[4] Casemiro, Paulinho and Renato Augusto would want into any team in the world today
[5] When Willian does not get to start you can see the all round quality you are up against
[7] Even Roberto Firmino is a fringe player
[8] Fernandinho also supplies his fair share of goals from midfield
[9] At the back they are also solid with the centreback pairing of Inter Milan's Miranda and PSG's Marquinhos
[10] From what I can see at the moment, only Germany can prevent Brazil winning Russia 2018

Nigeria ooooo. This is the level at which we should be competing. With our population, we should be unearthing this amount of talent annually.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What is the antidote to Neymar, Jesus and Coutiniho?

Post by Scipio Africanus »

1. Germany
2. France

Wha choo looking at?!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Nna, this trio na pepper oooooo
[4] Casemiro, Paulinho and Renato Augusto would want into any team in the world today
[5] When Willian does not get to start you can see the all round quality you are up against
[9] At the back they are also solid with the centreback pairing of Inter Milan's Miranda and PSG's Marquinhos
[10] From what I can see at the moment, only Germany can prevent Brazil winning Russia 2018

Nigeria ooooo. This is the level at which we should be competing. With our population, we should be unearthing this amount of talent annually.
Names dont win you world cup,the is something call tactics,
You can do the same with Argentina when you have some one like Messi who is better than any Brazil player then Di Maria and Dybala not even starting.But again football is not by names any more.
Nigeria can beat this brazil team and even do it silly.
Brazil and Germany none will win the world cup
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Scipio Africanus wrote:1. Germany
2. France
France has the talent but Deschamps does his darnedest to throttle them. Unless he has a vision, he will continue to make sure les bleus underachieve
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

platinum wrote:
2. France
France has the talent but Deschamps does his darnedest to throttle them. Unless he has a vision, he will continue to make sure les bleus underachieve
Les Bless might come good this summer in spite of him. But whether na Deschamps o, Jacquet o, Michel o, France know how to deal with Brazil.

In fact I am sure the Brazilians would rather face Germany than France. France na dem papa from long time wey sabi dem well well.

Wha choo looking at?!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

kajifu wrote:

You can do the same with Argentina when you have some one like Messi who is better than any Brazil player then Di Maria and Dybala not even starting.But again football is not by names any more.
Please show me one team that does not have players playing in the best leagues and doing it day in day out, that has won the world cup.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

The World Cup is not AFCON or even the Euros.

It has always been won by good teams WITH good names.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

chief nfachairman wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Please show me one team that does not have players playing in the best leagues and doing it day in day out, that has won the world cup.
I can show you teams that has best player every year and do it at highest level that has not won it.
Please name the German player that was doing it day in and day out in the best league?Also show me the Italian players that was doing it in best league day in day out when Italy won it at 2006.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

kajifu wrote:

Are you for real?
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Nigerians talking about Brazil or Germany gets beaten silly reminds of a cheeky boxer who gets knocked out by a champion straight afterwards.
In my opinion this nigerian team is on a good way to reach the extended elite of world football due to continuous work over the last year.
But there is no reason to be over-confident.
Germany, Brazil, Spain, France, Italy and some other nations are still ahead of Nigeria in all departments.
Instead of this silly trash talk we should encourage the team to further work hard to become on the best teams in the world in a few years.
All this talk about winning the WC is utter nonsense.
Why set this still developing team under immense pressure.
I don't think this "winning attitude" would help the team in any way.
In 1998 I read an interview with Taribo West where he said Nigeria can win the WC only to crash out against Denmark.
It is lie that nigerian players never wanted to win the WC. Instead they often travelled to the WC with unrealistic visions and too high expectations.
The boys should think from game to game and see how far it takes them.
Of course they should believe in themselves but believing to win the WC does not come from nowhere.
You need to earn this belief by proving you can beat the best.
Belief is a result of good results and hard work. Not the opposite way - in my modest opinion.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

For all the talk about Coutinho. Yes, he's good, but African teams have better players than him. How do I know? Cause he plays for Liverpool and for 1,5 years he is being outshined visibly by Sadio Mane and this year he is not as good as both Mane and Salah.

No point in getting ahead of ourselves. If Cameroon could beat on even more impressive attack at the Confed Cup - anyone can.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

DAgrin wrote:Nigerians talking about Brazil or Germany gets beaten silly reminds of a cheeky boxer who gets knocked out by a champion straight afterwards.
In my opinion this nigerian team is on a good way to reach the extended elite of world football due to continuous work over the last year.
Germany, Brazil, Spain, France, Italy and some other nations are still ahead of Nigeria in all departments.
Instead of this silly trash talk we should encourage the team to further work hard to become on the best teams in the world in a few years.
In 1998 I read an interview with Taribo West where he said Nigeria can win the WC only to crash out against Denmark.
It is lie that nigerian players never wanted to win the WC. Instead they often travelled to the WC with unrealistic visions and too high expectations.
Of course they should believe in themselves but believing to win the WC does not come from nowhere.
Belief is a result of good results and hard work. Not the opposite way - in my modest opinion.
They can work hard AND believe at the same time. No be so? We know our weaknesses. Lack of composure/lack of concentration. We need to work very hard on those weaknesses and believe at the same time that we can beat anybody. Without belief, there is no victory.

Wha choo looking at?!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

DAgrin wrote:Nigerians talking about Brazil or Germany gets beaten silly reminds of a cheeky boxer who gets knocked out by a champion straight afterwards.
So you think if Taribo did not make that statement Nigeria would have beaten Denmark? As far as I am concerned all Nigerian players should have the mindset that they can win the WC. The Brazil, Germany, Spain, and France you mention above don't go to the WC thinking they won't win even though only one team can win it.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

1naija wrote:
So you think if Taribo did not make that statement Nigeria would have beaten Denmark? As far as I am concerned all Nigerian players should have the mindset that they can win the WC. The Brazil, Germany, Spain, and France you mention above don't go to the WC thinking they won't win even though only one team can win it.
Tribe's statement reveals the team was over-confident. That's what I wanted to say.
Modesty is a virtue, too.
I'm familiar with the german national team and have seen many interviews with players and coaches.
They always stated that they are able to win the WC but that is also needs luck to do so when asked by reporters.
But during the tournament they think from game to game with the mindset to be able to beat anybody on the planet on a good day whoever comes their way.
Thinking of winning the whole thing in the group stage, last 18, quarter final is a wrong focus.
Belief yes, but belief that you can beat your opponent in your next game - that is all the belief a focused and concentrated team needs.
Every good team psychologist would give the advise to any team to develop short-term targets instead of making the climbing of a huge monument your focused target.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

marutimon wrote:For all the talk about Coutinho. Yes, he's good, but African teams have better players than him. How do I know? Cause he plays for Liverpool and for 1,5 years he is being outshined visibly by Sadio Mane and this year he is not as good as both Mane and Salah.

No point in getting ahead of ourselves. If Cameroon could beat on even more impressive attack at the Confed Cup - anyone can.

Cameroon what???????? At the Confederations Cup, the plantain boys Na Dunlop mattress wey everybody dey take sleep!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Germany
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

platinum wrote:
2. France
The same France that can't beat Luxembourg, oh please.

The answer is the Germans.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

wale1974 wrote:Germany

Trust me another 7-1 awaits Brazil V Germany.
They look like the 1990 machine. So automated. Someone will cry a river that day
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

The real deal wrote:
wale1974 wrote:Germany

Trust me another 7-1 awaits Brazil V Germany.
They look like the 1990 machine. So automated. Someone will cry a river that day
E

Defensively, the Brazil of 2017 is three classes above that of 2014!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote:
platinum wrote:
2. France
The same France that can't beat Luxembourg, oh please.

The answer is the Germans.
How long have you been watching football? :shock:

The same France that could not beat South Korea in the group stage of WC 2006 (tied them 1-1) beat Brazil in that same world cup

The same Germany that could not beat Ghana in the group stage (tied them 2-2) beat Brazil 7-1 later in that WC.

Repeat after me: Football is not mathematics!

Wha choo looking at?!
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

Why Ghana people no de put mouth for this conversation
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

No David Luiz and Brazil have a solid back line.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The Ghana defense can easily stop them, but we are boycotting the world cup
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar