Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:29 am
Posts: 49694
Please give us your projected group for Ghana..
Pa

_________________
Image
MISSION STATEMENT:To help Middle America’s families identify and resolve
critical financial matters that they have not addressed
and of which they may not even be aware

I KNOW MY FOOTBALL!!!!!
You have eyes, use it!-Robbynice,2011
CLUBS: CHELSEA FC, 3SC IBADAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 12577
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
For me, Spain is the key to this World Cup. Whichever group they are will be the group of death!


unless they are drawn with Russia or Poland

Also

Brazil
Spain
Iran
Honduras

will not be a group of death

I think what you mean is we should hope not to get Spain as a second pot team in our group, but again if that comes along with Poland or Russia, I say bring it on.


The teams I want to really avoid are

Brazil Germany and Spain

1. Argentina -Its about time we beat them
2. France - revenge for 2014
3. Belgium - Wales beat them
4. Portugal - meh, very beatable
5. England - I would relish this very much
6. Italy - very beatable
7. Uruguay - very beatable
8. Colombia - good but beatable


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 32133
Location: Somewhere
Amala and gbegiri gut

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53041
Location: United Kingdom
vancity eagle wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
For me, Spain is the key to this World Cup. Whichever group they are will be the group of death!


unless they are drawn with Russia or Poland

Also

Brazil
Spain
Iran
Honduras

will not be a group of death

I think what you mean is we should hope not to get Spain as a second pot team in our group, but again if that comes along with Poland or Russia, I say bring it on.


The teams I want to really avoid are

Brazil Germany and Spain

1. Argentina -Its about time we beat them
2. France - revenge for 2014
3. Belgium - Wales beat them
4. Portugal - meh, very beatable
5. England - I would relish this very much
6. Italy - very beatable
7. Uruguay - very beatable
8. Colombia - good but beatable


Good analysis but June 2018 is still a long way away. A lot can change between now and then.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53041
Location: United Kingdom
Can I add that Italy are also playing well at the moment. They are only in the play-offs because they were grouped with the unstoppable Spain.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 45572
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Russia
Spain
Costa Rica
Nigeria

Is there any reason why we cannot top this group?
...we always have a south American team not central American.

1994 vs Argentina
1998 vs Paraguay
2002 vs Argentina
2010 vs Argentina
2014 vs Argentina


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:04 pm
Posts: 40
I'd definitely expect Nigeria to progress from that group. Here's hoping we (Egypt) get a similarly favourable group. I'm also hoping Morocco qualifies. No doubt in my mind that they're stronger than Ivory Coast at the moment.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:51 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 43451
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Russia
Spain
Costa Rica
Nigeria

Is there any reason why we cannot top this group?


That would be a rough group. Costa Rica is no joke and Russia are the hosts.

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53041
Location: United Kingdom
YUJAM wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Russia
Spain
Costa Rica
Nigeria

Is there any reason why we cannot top this group?


That would be a rough group. Costa Rica is no joke and Russia are the hosts.



There are no easy games at the World Cup. Whoever we get, it will be a fight to finish.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53041
Location: United Kingdom
Yujam, Spain, Italy, England and Uruguay will all be in Pot B. However you look at it, we will get a tough group.

In Pot A, the lesser teams of you like include Poland, Russia and Belgium. I am sure most teams will want at least one of them.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:53 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 41279
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
kastro11 wrote:
I'd definitely expect Nigeria to progress from that group. Here's hoping we (Egypt) get a similarly favourable group. I'm also hoping Morocco qualifies. No doubt in my mind that they're stronger than Ivory Coast at the moment.


Welcome to CyberEagles.

Enjoy your stay with us.

Congratulations on qualifying for the World Cup. Hope you guys go on to make Africa proud.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53041
Location: United Kingdom
kastro11 wrote:
I'd definitely expect Nigeria to progress from that group. Here's hoping we (Egypt) get a similarly favourable group. I'm also hoping Morocco qualifies. No doubt in my mind that they're stronger than Ivory Coast at the moment.



Hmmmmm. Not sure about Morocco being stronger than Ivory Coast. Yes the Ivorians have stumbled lately losing at home to Gabon and drawing away to Mali but I cannot see Morocco getting a point in Abidjan. Look at Mrocco's away record:

Gabon 0-0 Morocco
Mali 0-0 Morocco

They are totally reliant on their home form to see them through. They only also managed a 0-0 draw with Ivory Coast in Marakesh.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53041
Location: United Kingdom
I know they first met way back in Nov 2016 but Morocco was not any better in that match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxd-rCPJGb4

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:37 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 37473
This is what happens when some yoruba men overloads themselves with amala and abula with goat meat...their guts become uncontrollable! :lol:

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:04 pm
Posts: 40
Cellular wrote:
Welcome to CyberEagles.

Enjoy your stay with us.

Congratulations on qualifying for the World Cup. Hope you guys go on to make Africa proud.


Thanks for the welcome and much appreciated brother. It's been a long time coming as we've always seemed to be cursed when it comes to WCQ. Hopefully all the African representatives can put in a good shift and show the world what quality exists on our continent.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:04 pm
Posts: 40
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Hmmmmm. Not sure about Morocco being stronger than Ivory Coast. Yes the Ivorians have stumbled lately losing at home to Gabon and drawing away to Mali but I cannot see Morocco getting a point in Abidjan. Look at Mrocco's away record:

Gabon 0-0 Morocco
Mali 0-0 Morocco

They are totally reliant on their home form to see them through. They only also managed a 0-0 draw with Ivory Coast in Marakesh.

We'll see how it pans out as I guess I'll reserve my judgment for now. I'll have to watch more of both teams as Morocco had looked better in the matches I've seen recently. They looked quality in the ACN as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 pm
Posts: 332
YUJAM wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Russia
Spain
Costa Rica
Nigeria

Is there any reason why we cannot top this group?


That would be a rough group. Costa Rica is no joke and Russia are the hosts.


What group would you prefer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:20 pm
Posts: 1318
Location: UK
Belgium
Colombia
Iceland
Nigeria


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2think, Bing [Bot], chief nfachairman, Google [Bot] and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group