Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:33 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 13174
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/12/nf ... o-nigeria/

We have no shame. :boo:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 8356
why? he's injured and hasn't been good this season.

_________________
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 11947
Location: South London
No surprise,the begging will continue!

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:03 pm
Posts: 217
Eaglezbeak wrote:
No surprise,the begging will continue!


Why the fuss with all these guys. They (Abraham, Ojo, Onumah, Solanke etc) are OK players but if they are not regulars in an EPL team and currently not even on the radar of England for WC2018 then I do not think they are good enough for SE. Iwobi and Moses are very different cases. Both would be up there in strong contention for the England squad if they had not already been picked by Nigeria. We should not be trying to persuade players who are not good enough for England, just because they play in England. England is not a better team than Nigeria. Lets get rid of the colonial enslavement. Aina is also different, because we are weak at full back covers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 12458
Sheikh wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
No surprise,the begging will continue!


Why the fuss with all these guys. They (Abraham, Ojo, Onumah, Solanke etc) are OK players but if they are not regulars in an EPL team and currently not even on the radar of England for WC2018 then I do not think they are good enough for SE. Iwobi and Moses are very different cases. Both would be up there in strong contention for the England squad if they had not already been picked by Nigeria. We should not be trying to persuade players who are not good enough for England, just because they play in England. England is not a better team than Nigeria. Lets get rid of the colonial enslavement. Aina is also different, because we are weak at full back covers.



what we should be doing is looking beyond 2018 and towards 2022 as well and building a large and quality group of core players.

We shouldn't be looking at whether or not these players are good enough to start for SE, because I really cannot think of any that could with one or two possible exceptions.

What we should be asking also is if these guys can provide better options on the bench.

Our hopes in 2018 will depend largley on having a quality 23 man squad with no fillers.

Ask yourself if any of these guys are better than

Ahmed Musa
Anthony Nwakaeme
Mikel Agu
Etebo
Moses Simon
Uche Agbo

Because if they are then they should be considered, and I gaurantee you there definately are British born Nigerians who are better than the above mentioned players.


Our bench currently is not nearly as good as it can be, frankly it is not good enough, it needs to be upgraded if we are to make a serious splash in Russia.

You need to have players on your bench that are just as good as your starters. It should be a very difficult and painful decision for the coach to put out a starting 11. It should even be as such that one or two players are rotated from one game to another to give them rest, while losing no quality.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 13174
The special treatment Players like ojo and Abraham are getting is evidence of the influence of anything from England has on us. If ojo played anywhere else he wouldn't get a mention and if Sadiq Umar,okonkwo or musa yahaya played for High wycome they would be SE players today.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 40400
Sheikh wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
No surprise,the begging will continue!


Why the fuss with all these guys. They (Abraham, Ojo, Onumah, Solanke etc) are OK players but if they are not regulars in an EPL team and currently not even on the radar of England for WC2018 then I do not think they are good enough for SE. Iwobi and Moses are very different cases. Both would be up there in strong contention for the England squad if they had not already been picked by Nigeria. We should not be trying to persuade players who are not good enough for England, just because they play in England. England is not a better team than Nigeria. Lets get rid of the colonial enslavement. Aina is also different, because we are weak at full back covers.



The test should be whether they can help reinforce the super eagles and not whether they are regulars in an EPL team or on the radar of England.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:03 pm
Posts: 217
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
The special treatment Players like ojo and Abraham are getting is evidence of the influence of anything from England has on us. If ojo played anywhere else he wouldn't get a mention and if Sadiq Umar,okonkwo or musa yahaya played for High wycome they would be SE players today.


Can't agree more. If Kelechi Nwakali and Azubuike Okechukwu were born in England, they'd have played for England at all age levels and probably be in a Premiership team squad at least. It would be then that NFF would go hustling after them. But they are currently being overlooked.

The point is not necessarily that of not having sufficient pride in what we already have, but is in still believing after all these years that anything English has a higher value. Many of those guys will only consider Nigeria after they are rejected or not considered by England. Lets have some self esteem; we are not that bad actually.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 12458
Sheikh wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
The special treatment Players like ojo and Abraham are getting is evidence of the influence of anything from England has on us. If ojo played anywhere else he wouldn't get a mention and if Sadiq Umar,okonkwo or musa yahaya played for High wycome they would be SE players today.


Can't agree more. If Kelechi Nwakali and Azubuike Okechukwu were born in England, they'd have played for England at all age levels and probably be in a Premiership team squad at least. It would be then that NFF would go hustling after them. But they are currently being overlooked.

The point is not necessarily that of not having sufficient pride in what we already have, but is in still believing after all these years that anything English has a higher value. Many of those guys will only consider Nigeria after they are rejected or not considered by England. Lets have some self esteem; we are not that bad actually.


Azuibikwe should definately get a look in, he is posting some good numbers in Turkey.

Kelechi Nwakali has barely played 1st team football but should get a look if he continues to get matches.

Sadiq Umar has not played one match this season, why on earth should he be called ?

Yahaya has just been promoted to Porto first team for a cup match. Guy needs to lock down a spot on POrto first team or get loaned somewhere, and I am a fan of Yahaya but he has done nothing so far.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:03 pm
Posts: 217
vancity eagle wrote:
Sheikh wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
The special treatment Players like ojo and Abraham are getting is evidence of the influence of anything from England has on us. If ojo played anywhere else he wouldn't get a mention and if Sadiq Umar,okonkwo or musa yahaya played for High wycome they would be SE players today.


Can't agree more. If Kelechi Nwakali and Azubuike Okechukwu were born in England, they'd have played for England at all age levels and probably be in a Premiership team squad at least. It would be then that NFF would go hustling after them. But they are currently being overlooked.

The point is not necessarily that of not having sufficient pride in what we already have, but is in still believing after all these years that anything English has a higher value. Many of those guys will only consider Nigeria after they are rejected or not considered by England. Lets have some self esteem; we are not that bad actually.


Azuibikwe should definately get a look in, he is posting some good numbers in Turkey.

Kelechi Nwakali has barely played 1st team football but should get a look if he continues to get matches.

Sadiq Umar has not played one match this season, why on earth should he be called ?

Yahaya has just been promoted to Porto first team for a cup match. Guy needs to lock down a spot on POrto first team or get loaned somewhere, and I am a fan of Yahaya but he has done nothing so far.


Not really talking about Yahaya or Sadiq Umar, who are currently not getting good playing time. But Seyi Ojo, Ejaria, Lukman etc have barely played first team football in EPL. Same as Nwakali. They are all still young. But why should they be hustled after, and Nwakali overlooked? I have watched them all, and they are no where near Nwakali. The only reason seems to be that they are English. My point is why is attention not being similarly given to other youngsters like Orji Okonkwo and Bonaventure who are better prospects, in my view, and will jump at it if called upon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 10:59 am
Posts: 1861
Location: Canada
vancity eagle wrote:
Sheikh wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
No surprise,the begging will continue!


Why the fuss with all these guys. They (Abraham, Ojo, Onumah, Solanke etc) are OK players but if they are not regulars in an EPL team and currently not even on the radar of England for WC2018 then I do not think they are good enough for SE. Iwobi and Moses are very different cases. Both would be up there in strong contention for the England squad if they had not already been picked by Nigeria. We should not be trying to persuade players who are not good enough for England, just because they play in England. England is not a better team than Nigeria. Lets get rid of the colonial enslavement. Aina is also different, because we are weak at full back covers.



what we should be doing is looking beyond 2018 and towards 2022 as well and building a large and quality group of core players.

We shouldn't be looking at whether or not these players are good enough to start for SE, because I really cannot think of any that could with one or two possible exceptions.

What we should be asking also is if these guys can provide better options on the bench.

Our hopes in 2018 will depend largley on having a quality 23 man squad with no fillers.

Ask yourself if any of these guys are better than

Ahmed Musa
Anthony Nwakaeme
Mikel Agu
Etebo
Moses Simon
Uche Agbo

Because if they are then they should be considered, and I gaurantee you there definately are British born Nigerians who are better than the above mentioned players.


Our bench currently is not nearly as good as it can be, frankly it is not good enough, it needs to be upgraded if we are to make a serious splash in Russia.

You need to have players on your bench that are just as good as your starters. It should be a very difficult and painful decision for the coach to put out a starting 11. It should even be as such that one or two players are rotated from one game to another to give them rest, while losing no quality.


So Ojo is better than all those guys you listed ?

_________________
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 12458
Sheikh wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Sheikh wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
The special treatment Players like ojo and Abraham are getting is evidence of the influence of anything from England has on us. If ojo played anywhere else he wouldn't get a mention and if Sadiq Umar,okonkwo or musa yahaya played for High wycome they would be SE players today.


Can't agree more. If Kelechi Nwakali and Azubuike Okechukwu were born in England, they'd have played for England at all age levels and probably be in a Premiership team squad at least. It would be then that NFF would go hustling after them. But they are currently being overlooked.

The point is not necessarily that of not having sufficient pride in what we already have, but is in still believing after all these years that anything English has a higher value. Many of those guys will only consider Nigeria after they are rejected or not considered by England. Lets have some self esteem; we are not that bad actually.


Azuibikwe should definately get a look in, he is posting some good numbers in Turkey.

Kelechi Nwakali has barely played 1st team football but should get a look if he continues to get matches.

Sadiq Umar has not played one match this season, why on earth should he be called ?

Yahaya has just been promoted to Porto first team for a cup match. Guy needs to lock down a spot on POrto first team or get loaned somewhere, and I am a fan of Yahaya but he has done nothing so far.


Not really talking about Yahaya or Sadiq Umar, who are currently not getting good playing time. But Seyi Ojo, Ejaria, Lukman etc have barely played first team football in EPL. Same as Nwakali. They are all still young. But why should they be hustled after, and Nwakali overlooked? I have watched them all, and they are no where near Nwakali. The only reason seems to be that they are English. My point is why is attention not being similarly given to other youngsters like Orji Okonkwo and Bonaventure who are better prospects, in my view, and will jump at it if called upon.



Bonaventure
Onyekuru
Okonkwo
Bazee
Kelechi Nwakali


all need to be called up and looked at, and why not the English kids as well.

We should look at all options.

THere needs to be serious planning and scouting taking place from now til next June.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 5870
He is not good enough for Nigeria at this point. I reviewed the 6 Naija boys on the English U-20 Cup winning side along with Tammy.

I think only Abraham, Tomori and maybe Ejiara can add anything to the Eagles (bench) over the next year. If you're calling Seyi Ojo, you might as well start beggin Sammy Ameobi (both are not International level players at this point, and will probably never be.)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=282966&p=5092511&hilit=ojo#p5092511

We should go after Tammy aggressively.

He is a better prospect that Sadiq Umar, and we have a much better chance of getting him than Solanke.

Here is my analysis of the 6 Nigerians in England's U-20 WC winning side, as far as the SE is concerned.

1) Fikayo Tomori - We should go after him most aggressively. Can compete to be in the final 23 to Russia.

2) Ovie Ejaria - The SE midfield is loaded, and he may not make it to Russia based on options, but he is a long term prospect, and should be tracked.

3) Josh Onomah - Same with Ejaria, even though I rate Ejaria higher.

4) Seyi Ojo - Needs to raise his game a few notches to have a senior level international career with any country. A southpaw with pace is never a bad thing, but he'll need to add maturity and intelligence to his game. He has too much of 'Isaac Success' going on.

5) Dominic Solanke - No need to pursue. It will be a fruitless effort. His heart and mind are with England and it will be tough to convince him otherwise with the Liverpool move. He also does not brong any qualities we don't have in abundance elsewhere.

6) Ademola Lookman: His best option is with Nigeria, but he is drinking the English media cool aid at the moment and it will be be tough to even get him to look our way. Sadly we have seen this happen before, and he seems destined for a few meaningless caps for England.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 40798
Location: Akoko Highlands
Can he play LWB? :taunt:

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:52 am
Posts: 9949
Location: indianapolis
I actually really like Ojo, but the one player I think we should go after is Tomori, he's a very, very good player. Has a much better chance of breaking into the Chelsea 11, than even Aina at least in that lwb, full back position.

_________________
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:51 am
Posts: 25209
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Beg, beg, beg.

Pathetic.

_________________
Inaction has been considered a grave danger, but 'misaction' is a greater evil. With inaction, a known problem grows in magnitude; however, with misaction a known problem morphs into an unspecified number of known and unknown derivatives of the initial problem. With inaction you are left with a gargantuan disaster, but with misaction you are left with an untold variety of gargantuan disasters. Act swiftly, but more importantly do not respond inappropriately. Awon musings lati enu tbite.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:40 pm
Posts: 418
Location: Berlin, Toronto
Is there anything that says "BEG"? No that I care about the so called players but there's nothing bad in trying to him switch and I think the coach should decide who he wants. Left for me alone the coach and the nff should and get :

Bonaventure
Onyekuru
Okonkwo
Bazee
and the guy playing for Hertha BSC

_________________
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 38971
At this stage of the competition Nigeria should not go after any foreign born player that has not already committed unless he has Messi or Ronaldo type skills. We have enough players pool to get to the finals of the WC with the right breaks.

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 31749
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
Sheikh wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Sheikh wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
The special treatment Players like ojo and Abraham are getting is evidence of the influence of anything from England has on us. If ojo played anywhere else he wouldn't get a mention and if Sadiq Umar,okonkwo or musa yahaya played for High wycome they would be SE players today.


Can't agree more. If Kelechi Nwakali and Azubuike Okechukwu were born in England, they'd have played for England at all age levels and probably be in a Premiership team squad at least. It would be then that NFF would go hustling after them. But they are currently being overlooked.

The point is not necessarily that of not having sufficient pride in what we already have, but is in still believing after all these years that anything English has a higher value. Many of those guys will only consider Nigeria after they are rejected or not considered by England. Lets have some self esteem; we are not that bad actually.


Azuibikwe should definately get a look in, he is posting some good numbers in Turkey.

Kelechi Nwakali has barely played 1st team football but should get a look if he continues to get matches.

Sadiq Umar has not played one match this season, why on earth should he be called ?

Yahaya has just been promoted to Porto first team for a cup match. Guy needs to lock down a spot on POrto first team or get loaned somewhere, and I am a fan of Yahaya but he has done nothing so far.


Not really talking about Yahaya or Sadiq Umar, who are currently not getting good playing time. But Seyi Ojo, Ejaria, Lukman etc have barely played first team football in EPL. Same as Nwakali. They are all still young. But why should they be hustled after, and Nwakali overlooked? I have watched them all, and they are no where near Nwakali. The only reason seems to be that they are English. My point is why is attention not being similarly given to other youngsters like Orji Okonkwo and Bonaventure who are better prospects, in my view, and will jump at it if called upon.

I understand your point but there's another angle to look at. Four words, two names. David Alaba. Dele Alli.

You don't want to wait until the dual nationality players have blown up before showing interest in them if not they will more often than not opt for their adopted country. England has the upper hand cos these players were born and grew up there and are more attached to England so they can afford to wait until the players start showing potential before capping them. However Nigeria doesn't have such luxury. We have to get ahead of the ball.

That said I don't advocate "begging" them to play. Just invite them to camp to hang out with the guys and get to identify with their Nigerian heritage so that in the event they do blow up Nigeria has a decent shot of getting then.

It's not "special treatment" because the Nwakalis and Umars don't have other international options other than Nigeria so there's no risk of losing them to another country hence no "rush" to cap them.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! "It's all laughs till he walks into an empty room with plastic on the floor." - Goodfellas

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 12560
theYemster wrote:
That said I don't advocate "begging" them to play. Just invite them to camp to hang out with the guys and get to identify with their Nigerian heritage so that in the event they do blow up Nigeria has a decent shot of getting then.
Don't mind Kongi - nobody is being begged to play. Begging is the word he used.

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o


"I will take Trump over Clinton. But I am in the minority." - Cellular, Jul 19, 2016.
"Cellular does not follow these things closely - he rarely does the dirty work of facts checking." - Catalyst, Feb 12, 2014.
---
© The YeyeMan 2017
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:03 pm
Posts: 217
theYemster wrote:
Sheikh wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Sheikh wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
The special treatment Players like ojo and Abraham are getting is evidence of the influence of anything from England has on us. If ojo played anywhere else he wouldn't get a mention and if Sadiq Umar,okonkwo or musa yahaya played for High wycome they would be SE players today.


Can't agree more. If Kelechi Nwakali and Azubuike Okechukwu were born in England, they'd have played for England at all age levels and probably be in a Premiership team squad at least. It would be then that NFF would go hustling after them. But they are currently being overlooked.

The point is not necessarily that of not having sufficient pride in what we already have, but is in still believing after all these years that anything English has a higher value. Many of those guys will only consider Nigeria after they are rejected or not considered by England. Lets have some self esteem; we are not that bad actually.


Azuibikwe should definately get a look in, he is posting some good numbers in Turkey.

Kelechi Nwakali has barely played 1st team football but should get a look if he continues to get matches.

Sadiq Umar has not played one match this season, why on earth should he be called ?

Yahaya has just been promoted to Porto first team for a cup match. Guy needs to lock down a spot on POrto first team or get loaned somewhere, and I am a fan of Yahaya but he has done nothing so far.


Not really talking about Yahaya or Sadiq Umar, who are currently not getting good playing time. But Seyi Ojo, Ejaria, Lukman etc have barely played first team football in EPL. Same as Nwakali. They are all still young. But why should they be hustled after, and Nwakali overlooked? I have watched them all, and they are no where near Nwakali. The only reason seems to be that they are English. My point is why is attention not being similarly given to other youngsters like Orji Okonkwo and Bonaventure who are better prospects, in my view, and will jump at it if called upon.

I understand your point but there's another angle to look at. Four words, two names. David Alaba. Dele Alli.

You don't want to wait until the dual nationality players have blown up before showing interest in them if not they will more often than not opt for their adopted country. England has the upper hand cos these players were born and grew up there and are more attached to England so they can afford to wait until the players start showing potential before capping them. However Nigeria doesn't have such luxury. We have to get ahead of the ball.

That said I don't advocate "begging" them to play. Just invite them to camp to hang out with the guys and get to identify with their Nigerian heritage so that in the event they do blow up Nigeria has a decent shot of getting then.

It's not "special treatment" because the Nwakalis and Umars don't have other international options other than Nigeria so there's no risk of losing them to another country hence no "rush" to cap them.


I accept the principle, but the guys continuously being mentioned (Ojo, Ejaria, Onomah, Lukman etc) are not worthwhile given our limited resource, since they are no better than the average Nigeria U20 team player and certainly not at the level of Nwakali, Azubuike, Bonaventure, Onyekuru etc who are keener, and should therefore be given greater priority. Perhaps Abraham and Solanke are worth keeping an eye on, but they are relatively nothing special. The only player at this stage I would strongly pursue to switch, based on his talent and possible solution to a big problem we have, is Felix Udoukhai of Wolsfburg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nff to beg sheyi ojo
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 9571
I like Azubuike's work. He is one of those players that only the "educated" fans appreciate because he does things that are hard to see, but are nonetheless really important to his team (intercepting, breaking up play, retaining possession). He does not score prolifically, dribble, or hit 35 yard free kicks into the top corner, so fans do not always realise how good a player he is. A bit like how Kante was a lower league player in France until EPL teams took a gamble on him, and 2 consecutive EPL titles later...

vancity eagle wrote:
Azuibikwe should definately get a look in, he is posting some good numbers in Turkey.

Kelechi Nwakali has barely played 1st team football but should get a look if he continues to get matches.

Sadiq Umar has not played one match this season, why on earth should he be called ?

Yahaya has just been promoted to Porto first team for a cup match. Guy needs to lock down a spot on POrto first team or get loaned somewhere, and I am a fan of Yahaya but he has done nothing so far.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], captain eb, Google [Bot], KIZONZO, ojafranpa, oyek and 54 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group