Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:05 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 215
Location: LONDON
Image

What’s your permutations


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 12452
Best Scenario

Poland
Switzerland
Iran
Nigeria


Worst Scenario

Brazil
Spain
Croatia
Nigeria


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:51 am
Posts: 25189
Location: Southern Hemisphere
It's simple, Nigeria are guaranteed 6 teams being behind us in the World Cup. But the problem is we need 8 to be behind us.

Greece is probably the best shot, but the issue with Greece is that UEFA have seeded the top 2nd Round teams against the bottom 2nd Round teams. Which means that Greece will have to face a tough opponent! BUT, if there is an underdog capable of cracking top teams, Greece would be up there. I think it is not really too unlikely.

The biggest problem is he 8th team. Of all the teams that could potentially be behind us, 3 of them are in the CAF Group with Senegal! And Senegal look almost certain to qualify. South Africa will need to take the life out of Senegal, for that group to pace the way for us.

Then there is New Zealand, if they can get a result against Peru. So we essentially need 2/3 of these scenarios to play out.

We need not mention Australia/Honduras, both are ranked lower. We need not mention Ivory Coast/Morocco, both are ranked lower. And we need not mention Tunisia/DRC, both are ranked higher. And all the other European countries yet to book their place are ranked higher.

Most likely Nigeria will be pot 4, but there is still that small possibility of pot3. Japan have a very very very small chance of pot 3. It's really unfortunate because our ranking is so close! I wonder how much CHAN had to do with this. Serbia are barely ahead of us in the rankings.

_________________
Inaction has been considered a grave danger, but 'misaction' is a greater evil. With inaction, a known problem grows in magnitude; however, with misaction a known problem morphs into an unspecified number of known and unknown derivatives of the initial problem. With inaction you are left with a gargantuan disaster, but with misaction you are left with an untold variety of gargantuan disasters. Act swiftly, but more importantly do not respond inappropriately. Awon musings lati enu tbite.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 215
Location: LONDON
vancity eagle wrote:
Best Scenario

Poland
Switzerland
Iran
Nigeria


Worst Scenario

Brazil
Spain
Croatia
Nigeria


But Poland and Switzerland are tough and awkward oppositions and deceptively tricky!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 5846
Germany, Italy, Denmark, Nigeria

_________________
Boycott Russia 2018


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 215
Location: LONDON
Rawlings wrote:
Germany, Italy, Denmark, Nigeria


Really? You are not a friend of Nigeria


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 11938
Location: South London
EagleEye wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
Germany, Italy, Denmark, Nigeria


Really? You are not a friend of Nigeria

This guy can't stand Nigeria but he won't stop thinking about Nigeria damn he even claims to be partially Nigerian!

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:51 pm
Posts: 12618
Rawlings wrote:
Germany, Italy, Denmark, Nigeria

Not possible. You're too short to see the rules as usual.

What happened to your protest. When is your replay with Uganda


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 51533
Location: United Kingdom
Tbite wrote:
It's simple, Nigeria are guaranteed 6 teams being behind us in the World Cup. But the problem is we need 8 to be behind us.

Greece is probably the best shot, but the issue with Greece is that UEFA have seeded the top 2nd Round teams against the bottom 2nd Round teams. Which means that Greece will have to face a tough opponent! BUT, if there is an underdog capable of cracking top teams, Greece would be up there. I think it is not really too unlikely.

The biggest problem is he 8th team. Of all the teams that could potentially be behind us, 3 of them are in the CAF Group with Senegal! And Senegal look almost certain to qualify. South Africa will need to take the life out of Senegal, for that group to pace the way for us.

Then there is New Zealand, if they can get a result against Peru. So we essentially need 2/3 of these scenarios to play out.

We need not mention Australia/Honduras, both are ranked lower. We need not mention Ivory Coast/Morocco, both are ranked lower. And we need not mention Tunisia/DRC, both are ranked higher. And all the other European countries yet to book their place are ranked higher.

Most likely Nigeria will be pot 4, but there is still that small possibility of pot3. Japan have a very very very small chance of pot 3. It's really unfortunate because our ranking is so close! I wonder how much CHAN had to do with this. Serbia are barely ahead of us in the rankings.


I can see New Zealand beating Peru actually. If Greece get say Northern Ireland they can make it through.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:10 pm
Posts: 1691
Location: pittsburgh
I'm I the only one that saw this
Group B
Brazil
Germany
Spain
Nigeria


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 51533
Location: United Kingdom
jungle-jawara wrote:
I'm I the only one that saw this
Group B
Brazil
Germany
Spain
Nigeria


Nonsense. Both Germany and Brazil are in Pot A so cannot be drawn against each other.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 11938
Location: South London
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
jungle-jawara wrote:
I'm I the only one that saw this
Group B
Brazil
Germany
Spain
Nigeria


Nonsense. Both Germany and Brazil are in Pot A so cannot be drawn against each other.

:rotf: That's a computer game draw,you just turn the game off and let it try again!

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:34 am
Posts: 37
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
nemi2002 wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
Germany, Italy, Denmark, Nigeria

Not possible. You're too short to see the rules as usual.

What happened to your protest. When is your replay with Uganda

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:20 pm
Posts: 1306
Location: UK
Belgium
Colombia
Iceland
Nigeria

Tasty! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 13158
I don't see a scenario which would not cause shaking. :scared:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 16904
Location: Ukwuani
Eaglezbeak wrote:
EagleEye wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
Germany, Italy, Denmark, Nigeria

Really? You are not a friend of Nigeria

This guy can't stand Nigeria but he won't stop thinking about Nigeria damn he even claims to be partially Nigerian!

Initially, I believed such, but after all the ..., I doubt it

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 16904
Location: Ukwuani
nemi2002 wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
Germany, Italy, Denmark, Nigeria

Not possible. You're too short to see the rules as usual.

What happened to your protest. When is your replay with Uganda

I don't think the protest or complaint will work-out. I think FIFA might decide on it after the world cup games are over :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 11938
Location: South London
Odas wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
EagleEye wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
Germany, Italy, Denmark, Nigeria

Really? You are not a friend of Nigeria

This guy can't stand Nigeria but he won't stop thinking about Nigeria damn he even claims to be partially Nigerian!

Initially, I believed such, but after all the ..., I doubt it

:thumb:

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:20 am
Posts: 19018
Location: Chiraq
USA
Chile
Netherlands
Ghana

_________________
Image
Saints baby we did it

“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 9567
In every World Cup (except 2010) Nigeria gets drawn in the group of death. The best group Nigeria can get this time is:

Poland, Peru, Iran

Worst: Germany, Spain, Costa Rica


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 am
Posts: 2757
wiseone wrote:
In every World Cup (except 2010) Nigeria gets drawn in the group of death. The best group Nigeria can get this time is:

Poland, Peru, Iran

Worst: Germany, Spain, Costa Rica


Nigeria has been in the group death in 1994, 1998 and 2002. 2010 and 2014 were easy group...I mean seriously Bosnia and Iran?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 51533
Location: United Kingdom
wiseone wrote:
In every World Cup (except 2010) Nigeria gets drawn in the group of death. The best group Nigeria can get this time is:

Poland, Peru, Iran

Worst: Germany, Spain, Costa Rica


At the moment, I believe Brazil are actually playing better than Germany. Neymar was awesome in that 3-0 demolition of Chile. I do not believe Germany can beat Chile 3-0 at the moment.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP POTS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 29544
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
wiseone wrote:
In every World Cup (except 2010) Nigeria gets drawn in the group of death. The best group Nigeria can get this time is:

Poland, Peru, Iran

Worst: Germany, Spain, Costa Rica


At the moment, I believe Brazil are actually playing better than Germany. Neymar was awesome in that 3-0 demolition of Chile. I do not believe Germany can beat Chile 3-0 at the moment.

The same Chile that Germany B team beat few months ago in Russia for the confederation cup :rotf: :rotf:
Please don't fool yourself,even the same Brazil will not beat Chile 3-0 again if they play today.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 51 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group