WORLD CUP POTS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EagleEye
Egg
Egg
WORLD CUP POTS

Post by EagleEye »

What’s your permutations
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WORLD CUP POTS

Post by vancity eagle »

Best Scenario

Poland
Switzerland
Iran
Nigeria

Worst Scenario

Brazil
Spain
Croatia
Nigeria
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

It's simple, Nigeria are guaranteed 6 teams being behind us in the World Cup. But the problem is we need 8 to be behind us.

Greece is probably the best shot, but the issue with Greece is that UEFA have seeded the top 2nd Round teams against the bottom 2nd Round teams. Which means that Greece will have to face a tough opponent! BUT, if there is an underdog capable of cracking top teams, Greece would be up there. I think it is not really too unlikely.

The biggest problem is he 8th team. Of all the teams that could potentially be behind us, 3 of them are in the CAF Group with Senegal! And Senegal look almost certain to qualify. South Africa will need to take the life out of Senegal, for that group to pace the way for us.

Then there is New Zealand, if they can get a result against Peru. So we essentially need 2/3 of these scenarios to play out.

We need not mention Australia/Honduras, both are ranked lower. We need not mention Ivory Coast/Morocco, both are ranked lower. And we need not mention Tunisia/DRC, both are ranked higher. And all the other European countries yet to book their place are ranked higher.

Most likely Nigeria will be pot 4, but there is still that small possibility of pot3. Japan have a very very very small chance of pot 3. It's really unfortunate because our ranking is so close! I wonder how much CHAN had to do with this. Serbia are barely ahead of us in the rankings.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
EagleEye
Egg
Egg

Post by EagleEye »

vancity eagle wrote:Best Scenario

Poland
Switzerland
Iran
Nigeria

Worst Scenario

Brazil
Spain
Croatia
Nigeria
But Poland and Switzerland are tough and awkward oppositions and deceptively tricky!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Germany, Italy, Denmark, Nigeria
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
EagleEye
Egg
Egg

Post by EagleEye »

Rawlings wrote:Germany, Italy, Denmark, Nigeria
Really? You are not a friend of Nigeria
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

EagleEye wrote:
This guy can't stand Nigeria but he won't stop thinking about Nigeria damn he even claims to be partially Nigerian!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Not possible. You're too short to see the rules as usual.

What happened to your protest. When is your replay with Uganda
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tbite wrote:It's simple, Nigeria are guaranteed 6 teams being behind us in the World Cup. But the problem is we need 8 to be behind us.

Greece is probably the best shot, but the issue with Greece is that UEFA have seeded the top 2nd Round teams against the bottom 2nd Round teams. Which means that Greece will have to face a tough opponent! BUT, if there is an underdog capable of cracking top teams, Greece would be up there. I think it is not really too unlikely.

The biggest problem is he 8th team. Of all the teams that could potentially be behind us, 3 of them are in the CAF Group with Senegal! And Senegal look almost certain to qualify. South Africa will need to take the life out of Senegal, for that group to pace the way for us.

Then there is New Zealand, if they can get a result against Peru. So we essentially need 2/3 of these scenarios to play out.

We need not mention Australia/Honduras, both are ranked lower. We need not mention Ivory Coast/Morocco, both are ranked lower. And we need not mention Tunisia/DRC, both are ranked higher. And all the other European countries yet to book their place are ranked higher.

Most likely Nigeria will be pot 4, but there is still that small possibility of pot3. Japan have a very very very small chance of pot 3. It's really unfortunate because our ranking is so close! I wonder how much CHAN had to do with this. Serbia are barely ahead of us in the rankings.
I can see New Zealand beating Peru actually. If Greece get say Northern Ireland they can make it through.
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

I'm I the only one that saw this
Group B
Brazil
Germany
Spain
Nigeria
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

jungle-jawara wrote:I'm I the only one that saw this
Group B
Brazil
Germany
Spain
Nigeria
Nonsense. Both Germany and Brazil are in Pot A so cannot be drawn against each other.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
jungle-jawara wrote:I'm I the only one that saw this
Group B
Brazil
Germany
Spain
Nigeria
Nonsense. Both Germany and Brazil are in Pot A so cannot be drawn against each other.
:rotf: That's a computer game draw,you just turn the game off and let it try again!
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
nemi2002 wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

Belgium
Colombia
Iceland
Nigeria

Tasty! :D
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I don't see a scenario which would not cause shaking. :scared:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
EagleEye wrote:
This guy can't stand Nigeria but he won't stop thinking about Nigeria damn he even claims to be partially Nigerian!
Initially, I believed such, but after all the ..., I doubt it
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

nemi2002 wrote:

I don't think the protest or complaint will work-out. I think FIFA might decide on it after the world cup games are over :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Odas wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
EagleEye wrote:
Initially, I believed such, but after all the ..., I doubt it
:thumb:
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

USA
Chile
Netherlands
Ghana
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

In every World Cup (except 2010) Nigeria gets drawn in the group of death. The best group Nigeria can get this time is:

Poland, Peru, Iran

Worst: Germany, Spain, Costa Rica
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

wiseone wrote:In every World Cup (except 2010) Nigeria gets drawn in the group of death. The best group Nigeria can get this time is:

Poland, Peru, Iran

Nigeria has been in the group death in 1994, 1998 and 2002. 2010 and 2014 were easy group...I mean seriously Bosnia and Iran?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

wiseone wrote:In every World Cup (except 2010) Nigeria gets drawn in the group of death. The best group Nigeria can get this time is:

Poland, Peru, Iran

At the moment, I believe Brazil are actually playing better than Germany. Neymar was awesome in that 3-0 demolition of Chile. I do not believe Germany can beat Chile 3-0 at the moment.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Poland, Peru, Iran

At the moment, I believe Brazil are actually playing better than Germany. Neymar was awesome in that 3-0 demolition of Chile. I do not believe Germany can beat Chile 3-0 at the moment.
The same Chile that Germany B team beat few months ago in Russia for the confederation cup :rotf: :rotf:
Please don't fool yourself,even the same Brazil will not beat Chile 3-0 again if they play today.