Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:16 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 12744
The Algeria game is the perfect opportunity to cap dual nationality players that can add value to the team. Unlike Rohr's first game in charge - which was also a dead rubber - this is a good opportunity to introduce those players since he's more familiar with the team and knows which areas need improvement.

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o


"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Cellular, Nov 16, 2017.
"I will take Trump over Clinton. But I am in the minority." - Cellular, Jul 19, 2016.
---
© The YeyeMan 2017
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 1882
Location: U.S
Flex Swift wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Great gesture towards Ikeme. Great for team spirit!

The comments on Simon's wastefulness and the need to play one-touch and keep it simple suggest he read the Naijiant.com match report.
https://www.naijiant.com/sports/joy-rel ... place-uyo/

He was coaching the game. I am sure he didn't have to read a report to see what happened on the pitch...lol


For give me if I am wrong but i am sure Simon delivered a fine cross on a plate for you know who failed to to score ??? Again didn't Simon score away against Cameroon ??? other players that are worst than him get a free pass because they scored fluke goals in the EPL .


Even a broken clock is right twice a day, Nigeria can do better than Simon, deal with it, this is not about sentiments. Who is Simon better than in the SE?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 33279
Location: Land of the Terrapins
9jaMan wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Great gesture towards Ikeme. Great for team spirit!

The comments on Simon's wastefulness and the need to play one-touch and keep it simple suggest he read the Naijiant.com match report.
https://www.naijiant.com/sports/joy-rel ... place-uyo/

He was coaching the game. I am sure he didn't have to read a report to see what happened on the pitch...lol


For give me if I am wrong but i am sure Simon delivered a fine cross on a plate for you know who failed to to score ??? Again didn't Simon score away against Cameroon ??? other players that are worst than him get a free pass because they scored fluke goals in the EPL .


Even a broken clock is right twice a day, Nigeria can do better than Simon, deal with it, this is not about sentiments. Who is Simon better than in the SE?


Abeg pose this question to the guy who keeps starting him...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 5959
9jaMan wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Great gesture towards Ikeme. Great for team spirit!

The comments on Simon's wastefulness and the need to play one-touch and keep it simple suggest he read the Naijiant.com match report.
https://www.naijiant.com/sports/joy-rel ... place-uyo/

He was coaching the game. I am sure he didn't have to read a report to see what happened on the pitch...lol


For give me if I am wrong but i am sure Simon delivered a fine cross on a plate for you know who failed to to score ??? Again didn't Simon score away against Cameroon ??? other players that are worst than him get a free pass because they scored fluke goals in the EPL .


Even a broken clock is right twice a day, Nigeria can do better than Simon, deal with it, this is not about sentiments. Who is Simon better than in the SE?


He was better than Victor Moses and Ighalo against Zambia, better than Iwobi and Nacho against South Africa.

I think he has started 6 of 7 WC qualifying games we have played so far.

Whatever it is that is making you itch all over, get ready to scratch & peel skin very well during the World Cup.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 1882
Location: U.S
truetalk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Great gesture towards Ikeme. Great for team spirit!

The comments on Simon's wastefulness and the need to play one-touch and keep it simple suggest he read the Naijiant.com match report.
https://www.naijiant.com/sports/joy-rel ... place-uyo/

He was coaching the game. I am sure he didn't have to read a report to see what happened on the pitch...lol


For give me if I am wrong but i am sure Simon delivered a fine cross on a plate for you know who failed to to score ??? Again didn't Simon score away against Cameroon ??? other players that are worst than him get a free pass because they scored fluke goals in the EPL .


Even a broken clock is right twice a day, Nigeria can do better than Simon, deal with it, this is not about sentiments. Who is Simon better than in the SE?


He was better than Victor Moses and Ighalo against Zambia, better than Iwobi and Nacho against South Africa.

I think he has started 6 of 7 WC qualifying games we have played so far.

Whatever it is that is making you itch all over, get ready to scratch & peel skin very well during the World Cup.



:rotf:
Simon was better than Victor Moses? you must be snorting expired powder, so Simon was so good against Zambia that as soon as he was taken out of the game, Nigeria scored. Only the best will do, you are uninformed and lack insight and it's ok


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 5959
9jaMan wrote:
truetalk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Great gesture towards Ikeme. Great for team spirit!

The comments on Simon's wastefulness and the need to play one-touch and keep it simple suggest he read the Naijiant.com match report.
https://www.naijiant.com/sports/joy-rel ... place-uyo/

He was coaching the game. I am sure he didn't have to read a report to see what happened on the pitch...lol


For give me if I am wrong but i am sure Simon delivered a fine cross on a plate for you know who failed to to score ??? Again didn't Simon score away against Cameroon ??? other players that are worst than him get a free pass because they scored fluke goals in the EPL .


Even a broken clock is right twice a day, Nigeria can do better than Simon, deal with it, this is not about sentiments. Who is Simon better than in the SE?


He was better than Victor Moses and Ighalo against Zambia, better than Iwobi and Nacho against South Africa.

I think he has started 6 of 7 WC qualifying games we have played so far.

Whatever it is that is making you itch all over, get ready to scratch & peel skin very well during the World Cup.



:rotf:
Simon was better than Victor Moses? you must be snorting expired powder, so Simon was so good against Zambia that as soon as he was taken out of the game, Nigeria scored. Only the best will do, you are uninformed and lack insight and it's ok


So it is the expired powder making you itch? Try to get help.

I'd indulge you a bit by offering you a bet to see if baring injury, Moses Simon makes the World Cup team or not, but it'd be a waste of my time. Over the past few months there have been a number of people of this forum who spew crap based on their dumb emotions, get offered a bet, take it & don't bother paying. That doesn't stop them from the continuous crap spewing at the very next opportunity.

Good luck with the itch, & the expired powder!!


Last edited by truetalk on Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 1882
Location: U.S
truetalk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
truetalk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Great gesture towards Ikeme. Great for team spirit!

The comments on Simon's wastefulness and the need to play one-touch and keep it simple suggest he read the Naijiant.com match report.
https://www.naijiant.com/sports/joy-rel ... place-uyo/

He was coaching the game. I am sure he didn't have to read a report to see what happened on the pitch...lol


For give me if I am wrong but i am sure Simon delivered a fine cross on a plate for you know who failed to to score ??? Again didn't Simon score away against Cameroon ??? other players that are worst than him get a free pass because they scored fluke goals in the EPL .


Even a broken clock is right twice a day, Nigeria can do better than Simon, deal with it, this is not about sentiments. Who is Simon better than in the SE?


He was better than Victor Moses and Ighalo against Zambia, better than Iwobi and Nacho against South Africa.

I think he has started 6 of 7 WC qualifying games we have played so far.

Whatever it is that is making you itch all over, get ready to scratch & peel skin very well during the World Cup.



:rotf:
Simon was better than Victor Moses? you must be snorting expired powder, so Simon was so good against Zambia that as soon as he was taken out of the game, Nigeria scored. Only the best will do, you are uninformed and lack insight and it's ok


So it is the expired powder making you itch? Try to get help?

I'd indulge you a bit by offering you a bet yo see if baring injury, Moses Simon makes the World Cup team or not, but it'd be a waste of my time. Over the past few months there have been a number of people of this forum who spew crap based on their dumb emotions, get offered a bet, take it & don't bother paying. That doesn't stop them from the continuous crap spewing at the very next opportunity.

Good luck with the itch, & the expired powder!!



Now u want to bet? Wow , anyway Simon can make the World Cup team but informed folks know Nigeria can do better, when a player is not good enough it becomes obvious with time to slow folks, think Musa, he went from captain under clueless Oliseh to bench hugger under partly clueless Rohr, I can't help u any further, be safe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:00 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 52376
Location: United Kingdom
Simon Moses is not good enough. Period!

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:41 pm
Posts: 6689
Moses Simon is not a bad player. He could be a good
Backup. I would take him to the WC.

_________________

_________________
African Heros...You will never be forgotten
1. Kwame Nkrumah
2. Nelson Mandela
3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 40512
Thank you for the summary OP. Nothing sweet me pass dis line

Quote:
13. "You don't change a winning team?"; He does not necessarily believe in this.




:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

One of the daftest things that keeps being parroted on this site.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:59 pm
Posts: 4330
Location: uk
Dammy wrote:
I believe it is Felix Udoukhai.


:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

_________________
yes o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:47 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 52376
Location: United Kingdom
soma wrote:
Moses Simon is not a bad player. He could be a good
Backup. I would take him to the WC.


Simon Moses is a Forest Gump type player. Against well knit defences he will be a total liability. See how he was rendered redundant by the well organised Zambians?

Against teams like Germany, Brazil, Italy, Spain, etc you only score by opening them up with intricate moves and clever one-twos on the edge of the area. Simon Moses, like Ahmed Musa, Pius Ikedia and Tijani Babangida simply lacks the intellectual capacity for that kind of play.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 12744
metalalloy wrote:
Thank you for the summary OP. Nothing sweet me pass dis line

Quote:
13. "You don't change a winning team?"; He does not necessarily believe in this.




:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

One of the daftest things that keeps being parroted on this site.

Leave Cellular alone!!!

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o


"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Cellular, Nov 16, 2017.
"I will take Trump over Clinton. But I am in the minority." - Cellular, Jul 19, 2016.
---
© The YeyeMan 2017
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 am
Posts: 2545
Location: Cut-N-Shoot, TX
Teams are like systems. Not every good part fits in a system, and not every good player would fit on a team.
The coach knows which players fit his team better, and I believe Rohr would decide who and who...

_________________
Though religion is a concept that simply can not be ignored. The fact that a deity could
stand idly by while one of his creations slaughters another simply in his name, is a mystery I
doubt theologists would dare touch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 1882
Location: U.S
joao wrote:
Teams are like systems. Not every good part fits in a system, and not every good player would fit on a team.
The coach knows which players fit his team better, and I believe Rohr would decide who and who...


"Not every good player would fit on a team"? really? In reality or PlayStation? Football is about the best players, football is as easy as creating a system around your best players, simple and plain


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 2883
cic old boy wrote:
Ighalo is our first choice striker. No ifs or buts.

I agree! So that he can miss all the chances created for him.

To be fair we don't have a proven clinical striker yet so we may have to make do with Ighalo. The Belgium league is so poor it is difficult to judge our strikers playing there. The Champions league and Europa Cup provide stronger tests. The papers claim Everton will recall The on loan player from a Belgium I hope this true.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 2883
osita wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Did he address the issue of the lack of a clinical finisher . I don't believe Ighalo is World Cup starting material . He is surely devoid of the ability to be SE main striker. This is an important issue that must be addressed if SE will realize their greatest potentials.



Ighalo can not be our main striker, he needs to try out Paul Onaucha and Bonaventure.

Then what happens if they prove they are not better? I am no Ighalo fan I am. Simply pointing out something that could happen.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 2883
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Simon Moses is not good enough. Period!


But has been in every squad selected by our foreign coach during this qualifying campaign.

He scored a goal away against Cameroon and delivered a fine assist against Zambia only for you know who to miss the chance. Based on the facts barring any injury Moses big Dabby Simon will be in the World Cup squad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:06 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 52376
Location: United Kingdom
Flex Swift wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Simon Moses is not good enough. Period!


But has been in every squad selected by our foreign coach during this qualifying campaign.

He scored a goal away against Cameroon and delivered a fine assist against Zambia only for you know who to miss the chance. Based on the facts barring any injury Moses big Dabby Simon will be in the World Cup squad.


How could he have provided an assist against Zambia when it was his replacement that scored?

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 5941
proclaimjesus02 wrote:

12. Speaking with Mainz coach on Balogun to ensure he plays regularly..


you think this is naija where u can dictate lineup to a coach?

_________________
Boycott Russia 2018


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 2883
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Simon Moses is not good enough. Period!


But has been in every squad selected by our foreign coach during this qualifying campaign.

He scored a goal away against Cameroon and delivered a fine assist against Zambia only for you know who to miss the chance. Based on the facts barring any injury Moses big Dabby Simon will be in the World Cup squad.


How could he have provided an assist against Zambia when it was his replacement that scored?

If Ighalo had scored it would have been an assist. That cross would have been bread and butter to Yakubu, Martins,Osaze,Agali, Kanu etc but we have a below average striker who can only score 1 goal from ten opportunities and look lost against quality opposition


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:33 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 52376
Location: United Kingdom
Flex Swift wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Simon Moses is not good enough. Period!


But has been in every squad selected by our foreign coach during this qualifying campaign.

He scored a goal away against Cameroon and delivered a fine assist against Zambia only for you know who to miss the chance. Based on the facts barring any injury Moses big Dabby Simon will be in the World Cup squad.


How could he have provided an assist against Zambia when it was his replacement that scored?

If Ighalo had scored it would have been an assist. That cross would have been bread and butter to Yakubu, Martins,Osaze,Agali, Kanu etc but we have a below average striker who can only score 1 goal from ten opportunities and look lost against quality opposition


Did you read what I wrote at all?

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 12744
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Simon Moses is not good enough. Period!


But has been in every squad selected by our foreign coach during this qualifying campaign.

He scored a goal away against Cameroon and delivered a fine assist against Zambia only for you know who to miss the chance. Based on the facts barring any injury Moses big Dabby Simon will be in the World Cup squad.


How could he have provided an assist against Zambia when it was his replacement that scored?

If Ighalo had scored it would have been an assist. That cross would have been bread and butter to Yakubu, Martins,Osaze,Agali, Kanu etc but we have a below average striker who can only score 1 goal from ten opportunities and look lost against quality opposition


Did you read what I wrote at all?

And did you read what HE wrote?

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o


"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Cellular, Nov 16, 2017.
"I will take Trump over Clinton. But I am in the minority." - Cellular, Jul 19, 2016.
---
© The YeyeMan 2017
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adisboy, Ayo Akinfe, Bing [Bot], femi005, Google [Bot], mystic and 72 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group