Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:49 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 28354
The final list is what we want to see

_________________
Oya back to the matter
open and close


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:42 pm
Posts: 6078
bully12 wrote:
Did he address the issue of the lack of a clinical finisher . I don't believe Ighalo is World Cup starting material . He is surely devoid of the ability to be SE main striker. This is an important issue that must be addressed if SE will realize their greatest potentials.



Ighalo can not be our main striker, he needs to try out Paul Onaucha and Bonaventure.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 33280
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:
Rohr is impressive..... Never liked FCs but this man knows what he is doing.


:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I like the fact that he is not being sentimental. He has made it clear he will pick his best 23 for Russia!


Ummm, did you some how miss the sentiments for Carl Ikeme???? :???:

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 28354
osita wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Did he address the issue of the lack of a clinical finisher . I don't believe Ighalo is World Cup starting material . He is surely devoid of the ability to be SE main striker. This is an important issue that must be addressed if SE will realize their greatest potentials.



Ighalo can not be our main striker, he needs to try out Paul Onaucha and Bonaventure.

Ighalo did very well as a loan striker

_________________
Oya back to the matter
open and close


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 52400
Location: United Kingdom
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:
Rohr is impressive..... Never liked FCs but this man knows what he is doing.


:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I like the fact that he is not being sentimental. He has made it clear he will pick his best 23 for Russia!


Ummm, did you some how miss the sentiments for Carl Ikeme???? :???:



He said: "If he is fit."

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 33280
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:
Rohr is impressive..... Never liked FCs but this man knows what he is doing.


:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I like the fact that he is not being sentimental. He has made it clear he will pick his best 23 for Russia!


Ummm, did you some how miss the sentiments for Carl Ikeme???? :???:



He said: "If he is fit."


You are putting quotation marks around your own words, its right there in your face the OP said "if he heals", that's completely different from fit. Even after healing he will have to do a lot to get fit, but from what OP is saying Rohr is willing to take him even if he won't play. I don't mind, but the fact is Rohr DOES use sentiment to pick his players.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 28354
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:
Rohr is impressive..... Never liked FCs but this man knows what he is doing.


:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I like the fact that he is not being sentimental. He has made it clear he will pick his best 23 for Russia!


Ummm, did you some how miss the sentiments for Carl Ikeme???? :???:



He said: "If he is fit."


You are putting quotation marks around your own words, its right there in your face the OP said "if he heals", that's completely different from fit. Even after healing he will have to do a lot to get fit, but from what OP is saying Rohr is willing to take him even if he won't play. I don't mind, but the fact is Rohr DOES use sentiment to pick his players.

Not as a player but member of the entourage

_________________
Oya back to the matter
open and close


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 25313
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:
Rohr is impressive..... Never liked FCs but this man knows what he is doing.


:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I like the fact that he is not being sentimental. He has made it clear he will pick his best 23 for Russia!


Ummm, did you some how miss the sentiments for Carl Ikeme???? :???:



He said: "If he is fit."


You are putting quotation marks around your own words, its right there in your face the OP said "if he heals", that's completely different from fit. Even after healing he will have to do a lot to get fit, but from what OP is saying Rohr is willing to take him even if he won't play. I don't mind, but the fact is Rohr DOES use sentiment to pick his players.

You guys are reacting to secondary information that may have lost its meaning in translation.

In any case Ikeme can still be part of the SE in a non playing capacity or playing capacity if he's fully fit.

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 2883
Robbynice wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Great gesture towards Ikeme. Great for team spirit!

The comments on Simon's wastefulness and the need to play one-touch and keep it simple suggest he read the Naijiant.com match report.
https://www.naijiant.com/sports/joy-rel ... place-uyo/

He was coaching the game. I am sure he didn't have to read a report to see what happened on the pitch...lol


For give me if I am wrong but i am sure Simon delivered a fine cross on a plate for you know who failed to to score ??? Again didn't Simon score away against Cameroon ??? other players that are worst than him get a free pass because they scored fluke goals in the EPL .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:18 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 37219
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oloye wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:
Rohr is impressive..... Never liked FCs but this man knows what he is doing.


:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I like the fact that he is not being sentimental. He has made it clear he will pick his best 23 for Russia!

I guess he will stand in the public and say he wont pick his best 23. Wait until una begin see strange faces.....people here have even started bringing back players from the dead to come and pick a jersey.

How he will handle the pressure in the background is the key ,forget what he is saying. But i hope he will be resolute and firm..because roforofo dey happen behind the scene and this will intensify as the mundial date draws closer!



They tried it with Westerhoff and Bonfere and they both told them where to go. Do you remember Bonfere writing to Fifa telling them to disregard any list that was not written in his own handwriting?

I fully expect Rohr to be resolute. In all fairness to Pinnick and Dalung though, so far, they have not interfered in team matters at all.

Who told you they did not try it with oga Rohr :lol: Anyways as someone said na the final list i wan see!

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 54010
Ighalo is our first choice striker. No ifs or buts.

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:25 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:01 am
Posts: 36905
Location: Eagles' Nest
Flex Swift wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Great gesture towards Ikeme. Great for team spirit!

The comments on Simon's wastefulness and the need to play one-touch and keep it simple suggest he read the Naijiant.com match report.
https://www.naijiant.com/sports/joy-rel ... place-uyo/

He was coaching the game. I am sure he didn't have to read a report to see what happened on the pitch...lol


For give me if I am wrong but i am sure Simon delivered a fine cross on a plate for you know who failed to to score ??? Again didn't Simon score away against Cameroon ??? other players that are worst than him get a free pass because they scored fluke goals in the EPL .

I did not have a problem with Simon's performance on the day.

_________________
Image
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 7533
oyek wrote:
Komani wrote:
Probably Kevin Akpoguma.

Akpoguma is a center back. It's either one of Torunarigha or Felix Udokhai.

It is probably Udoukhai, he failed to report for Germany's U20 duty during the recent international break.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 4464
Dammy wrote:
I believe it is Felix Udoukhai.



I hope it is Udokhai and Tourinarigha! :clap: :clap: :clap:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 4464
cic old boy wrote:
Great gesture towards Ikeme. Great for team spirit!

The comments on Simon's wastefulness and the need to play one-touch and keep it simple suggest he read the Naijiant.com match report.
https://www.naijiant.com/sports/joy-rel ... place-uyo/


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 4464
oloye wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:
Rohr is impressive..... Never liked FCs but this man knows what he is doing.


:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I like the fact that he is not being sentimental. He has made it clear he will pick his best 23 for Russia!

I guess he will stand in the public and say he wont pick his best 23. Wait until una begin see strange faces.....people here have even started bringing back players from the dead to come and pick a jersey.

How he will handle the pressure in the background is the key ,forget what he is saying. But i hope he will be resolute and firm..because roforofo dey happen behind the scene and this will intensify as the mundial date draws closer!


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Personally, I think that defender that was part of the Nigerian team to Wembley! Cant remember his name now.. kai! Bolaji something.... Bolaji Damascus.. Bolaji Dosunmu... oh! Bolaji Douglas!!! Yea! douglas! I think he should be brought back to the team! :thumb: Abi how you see am? :clap:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 4464
Robbynice wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Great gesture towards Ikeme. Great for team spirit!

The comments on Simon's wastefulness and the need to play one-touch and keep it simple suggest he read the Naijiant.com match report.
https://www.naijiant.com/sports/joy-rel ... place-uyo/

He was coaching the game. I am sure he didn't have to read a report to see what happened on the pitch...lol


Dont mind CiC-Old Hag! trying to peddle his website :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I go soon hack that website and throw it in the dustbin where it belongs. nonsense!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 4464
Dammy wrote:
oyek wrote:
Komani wrote:
Probably Kevin Akpoguma.

Akpoguma is a center back. It's either one of Torunarigha or Felix Udokhai.

It is probably Udoukhai, he failed to report for Germany's U20 duty during the recent international break.



He needs to ask Torinarigha to also fail to report to the next Germany U20


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 9683
I liked the touching part about Ikeme. Classy move. A bit like what Barca did with Abidal shorrly after his liver transplant (let him play in the CL final even though he was not fit, and let him lift the trophy after they won it).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:48 pm
Posts: 20957
It would suck to play qualifiers and no make it to the world Cup proper.

_________________
http://www.webtraffichighway.com
Web Traffic tutorial 101. Drive web traffic to your website yourself.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 1951
Location: Nigeria
mastermind wrote:
It would suck to play qualifiers and no make it to the world Cup proper.

Several players play qualifiers without making it to the main tournament.

_________________
Image
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 15068
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
I like what Rohr is doing with plans to take Ikem to the World Cup. After all there are several non-playing NFF staff that will be there. So why not Ikeme?

_________________
Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines
how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 38931
Location: on the move
mastermind wrote:
It would suck to play qualifiers and no make it to the world Cup proper.


Since when does playing in qualifiers guarantee a spot on the final list? And I'm not just talking about Nigeria.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1naija, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 77 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group