Rohr on Lagos radio 91.3; Russia2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr on Lagos radio 91.3; Russia2018

Post by Prince »

The final list is what we want to see
Oya back to the matter
open and close
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

bully12 wrote:Did he address the issue of the lack of a clinical finisher . I don't believe Ighalo is World Cup starting material . He is surely devoid of the ability to be SE main striker. This is an important issue that must be addressed if SE will realize their greatest potentials.

Ighalo can not be our main striker, he needs to try out Paul Onaucha and Bonaventure.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:Rohr is impressive..... Never liked FCs but this man knows what he is doing.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I like the fact that he is not being sentimental. He has made it clear he will pick his best 23 for Russia!
Ummm, did you some how miss the sentiments for Carl Ikeme???? :???:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

osita wrote:
bully12 wrote:Did he address the issue of the lack of a clinical finisher . I don't believe Ighalo is World Cup starting material . He is surely devoid of the ability to be SE main striker. This is an important issue that must be addressed if SE will realize their greatest potentials.

Ighalo can not be our main striker, he needs to try out Paul Onaucha and Bonaventure.
Ighalo did very well as a loan striker
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:Rohr is impressive..... Never liked FCs but this man knows what he is doing.

I like the fact that he is not being sentimental. He has made it clear he will pick his best 23 for Russia!

He said: "If he is fit."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

You are putting quotation marks around your own words, its right there in your face the OP said "if he heals", that's completely different from fit. Even after healing he will have to do a lot to get fit, but from what OP is saying Rohr is willing to take him even if he won't play. I don't mind, but the fact is Rohr DOES use sentiment to pick his players.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

You are putting quotation marks around your own words, its right there in your face the OP said "if he heals", that's completely different from fit. Even after healing he will have to do a lot to get fit, but from what OP is saying Rohr is willing to take him even if he won't play. I don't mind, but the fact is Rohr DOES use sentiment to pick his players.
Not as a player but member of the entourage
Oya back to the matter
open and close
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

You guys are reacting to secondary information that may have lost its meaning in translation.

In any case Ikeme can still be part of the SE in a non playing capacity or playing capacity if he's fully fit.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Robbynice wrote:
cic old boy wrote:Great gesture towards Ikeme. Great for team spirit!

The comments on Simon's wastefulness and the need to play one-touch and keep it simple suggest he read the Naijiant.com match report.
https://www.naijiant.com/sports/joy-rel ... place-uyo/
He was coaching the game. I am sure he didn't have to read a report to see what happened on the pitch...lol
For give me if I am wrong but i am sure Simon delivered a fine cross on a plate for you know who failed to to score ??? Again didn't Simon score away against Cameroon ??? other players that are worst than him get a free pass because they scored fluke goals in the EPL .
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oloye wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

I guess he will stand in the public and say he wont pick his best 23. Wait until una begin see strange faces.....people here have even started bringing back players from the dead to come and pick a jersey.

How he will handle the pressure in the background is the key ,forget what he is saying. But i hope he will be resolute and firm..because roforofo dey happen behind the scene and this will intensify as the mundial date draws closer!

They tried it with Westerhoff and Bonfere and they both told them where to go. Do you remember Bonfere writing to Fifa telling them to disregard any list that was not written in his own handwriting?

I fully expect Rohr to be resolute. In all fairness to Pinnick and Dalung though, so far, they have not interfered in team matters at all.
Who told you they did not try it with oga Rohr :lol: Anyways as someone said na the final list i wan see!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Ighalo is our first choice striker. No ifs or buts.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Flex Swift wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

The comments on Simon's wastefulness and the need to play one-touch and keep it simple suggest he read the Naijiant.com match report.
He was coaching the game. I am sure he didn't have to read a report to see what happened on the pitch...lol
For give me if I am wrong but i am sure Simon delivered a fine cross on a plate for you know who failed to to score ??? Again didn't Simon score away against Cameroon ??? other players that are worst than him get a free pass because they scored fluke goals in the EPL .
I did not have a problem with Simon's performance on the day.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

oyek wrote:
Komani wrote:Probably Kevin Akpoguma.
Akpoguma is a center back. It's either one of Torunarigha or Felix Udokhai.
It is probably Udoukhai, he failed to report for Germany's U20 duty during the recent international break.
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:I believe it is Felix Udoukhai.

I hope it is Udokhai and Tourinarigha! :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

I guess he will stand in the public and say he wont pick his best 23. Wait until una begin see strange faces.....people here have even started bringing back players from the dead to come and pick a jersey.

How he will handle the pressure in the background is the key ,forget what he is saying. But i hope he will be resolute and firm..because roforofo dey happen behind the scene and this will intensify as the mundial date draws closer!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Personally, I think that defender that was part of the Nigerian team to Wembley! Cant remember his name now.. kai! Bolaji something.... Bolaji Damascus.. Bolaji Dosunmu... oh! Bolaji Douglas!!! Yea! douglas! I think he should be brought back to the team! :thumb: Abi how you see am? :clap:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote:

Dont mind CiC-Old Hag! trying to peddle his website :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I go soon hack that website and throw it in the dustbin where it belongs. nonsense!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:
oyek wrote:
Komani wrote:Probably Kevin Akpoguma.
Akpoguma is a center back. It's either one of Torunarigha or Felix Udokhai.
It is probably Udoukhai, he failed to report for Germany's U20 duty during the recent international break.

He needs to ask Torinarigha to also fail to report to the next Germany U20
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I liked the touching part about Ikeme. Classy move. A bit like what Barca did with Abidal shorrly after his liver transplant (let him play in the CL final even though he was not fit, and let him lift the trophy after they won it).
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

It would suck to play qualifiers and no make it to the world Cup proper.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

mastermind wrote:It would suck to play qualifiers and no make it to the world Cup proper.
Several players play qualifiers without making it to the main tournament.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I like what Rohr is doing with plans to take Ikem to the World Cup. After all there are several non-playing NFF staff that will be there. So why not Ikeme?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

mastermind wrote:It would suck to play qualifiers and no make it to the world Cup proper.
Since when does playing in qualifiers guarantee a spot on the final list? And I'm not just talking about Nigeria.