Katakata Dey Sleep: GK Coach Wary of Enyeama's Return......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Katakata Dey Sleep: GK Coach Wary of Enyeama's Return......

Post by Enugu II »

ENYEAMA RETURN MAY BRING ANOTHER CRISIS, SAYS ALLOY AGU
https://www.sportsvillagesquare.com/201 ... -aloy-agu/
BY BOLAJI OKUNOLA.

Super Eagles goalkeeper trainer, Alloy Agu is opposed to the possible return for former Super Eagles’ keeper and skipper, Vincent Enyeama to the World Cup-bound Super Eagles. Enyeama’s return will make him the first Nigerian player to feature in four World Cup finals.

He was at the 2002, 2010 and 2014 World Cup events like the retired fellow former skipper Joseph Yobo. Coincidentally, both are the only Nigerian footballers to have chalked up 100 international appearances.

Enyeama had consistently in the past one year turned down the overtures from Gernot Rohr to reconsider his stand and return to the Super Eagles’ fold. The call for his return also grew louder following the initial injury that his successor, Carl Ikeme had before his current illness.

With Nigeria’s qualification for the global event, speculations have been rife that Enyeama who announced his international retirement following disagreement with former Super Eagles coach and coincidentally too, former skipper, Sunday Oliseh, might be persuaded once more to return to the fold.

But goalkeeper trainer, Alloy Agu told Sports Village Square that such calls are uncalled for. According to him, the Super Eagles no longer have goalkeeping crisis. According to Agu, Enyeama’s return will only breed fresh leadership crisis and affect the bonding within the squad.

“The current Super Eagles under the captainship of John Obi Mikel will do well in Russia. The likes of Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Dele Ajiboye and other goalkeepers have responded well to training”, remarked Agu.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Katakata Dey Sleep: GK Coach Wary of Enyeama's Return...

Post by The YeyeMan »

There's no quote from Agu to say Enyeama's return would bring a crisis. JJ.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:There's no quote from Agu to say Enyeama's return would bring a crisis. JJ.
I doubt that it is junk considering reputation of journalist. Moreover every journalistic report does not have to include direct quote. What I agree though is that Agu may not have used the word crisis.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:There's no quote from Agu to say Enyeama's return would bring a crisis. JJ.
I doubt that it is junk considering reputation of journalist. Moreover every journalistic report does not have to include direct quote. What I agree though is that Agu may not have used the word crisis.
He didn't even say anything about Enyeama in the article. JJ.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

The campaign against enyeama has started. How do these journalists sleep at night?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

nemi2002 wrote:The campaign against enyeama has started. How do these journalists sleep at night?
Was Enyeama even mentioned?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I would wish Alloy did not say something like this and i hope he did not. I doubt of he did....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Dem don start.
We have qualified and it's open season for useless journos to start spouting crap and discord.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

nemi2002 wrote:The campaign against enyeama has started. How do these journalists sleep at night?
campaign against Enyeama??? Have you missed the campaign FOR enyeama by his towns men?? as well as the campaign by the people, whose family Enyeama is feeding??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enyeama is retired from the national team. Like Yobo, Kanu, Okocha, Furo Iyenemi and the rest, he is not relevant to the national team.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
campaign against Enyeama??? Have you missed the campaign FOR enyeama by his towns men?? as well as the campaign by the people, whose family Enyeama is feeding??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enyeama is retired from the national team. Like Yobo, Kanu, Okocha, Furo Iyenemi and the rest, he is not relevant to the national team.
You mean the one by Rohr the head coach of the SE???
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

No, I mean the one by the people whose family cannot feed, unless Enyeama has sent monthly upkeep money. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope they realize that when Enyeama retires, they'd actually have to go get jobs.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Here is a piece on the controversy:

https://www.aclsports.com/who-is-afraid-of-enyeama/
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

No, I mean the one by the people whose family cannot feed, unless Enyeama has sent monthly upkeep money. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope they realize that when Enyeama retires, they'd actually have to go get jobs.
You are not serious, Rohr himself said Enyeama is in his plans, so as long as the coach wants him what is the point of any further campaign? Its now up to Enyeama if he wants to return, which he might choose not to.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Chuckles, you gotta be kidding! The only campaign here is the irrational one for Enyeama. A guy injured and without a club. They said we needed him against Cameroon and against Zambia. He's been listed on the WC team. I suspect there is a pact out there to get him into this team by ALL MEANS aided by media like owngoal. Enyeama needs to be left alone until he's ready and rescinded his retirement. Then he can get a look in. I'm watching, and I will continue to advice my Facebook friend Gernot Rohr on these matters for as long as I can 8-) It's the least I can do for my country. :P
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

felarey wrote:
Chuckles, you gotta be kidding! The only campaign here is the irrational one for Enyeama. A guy injured and without a club. They said we needed him against Cameroon and against Zambia. He's been listed on the WC team. I suspect there is a pact out there to get him into this team by ALL MEANS aided by media like owngoal. Enyeama needs to be left alone until he's ready and rescinded his retirement. Then he can get a look in. I'm watching, and I will continue to advice my Facebook friend Gernot Rohr on these matters for as long as I can 8-) It's the least I can do for my country. :P
Where did you get the info that he's injured?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

anointed wrote:
felarey wrote:
Ok he's recovering, either way he's not ready. I actually really like Enyeama, I really do. Infact, several of us here show we have his interest at heart compared to those trying to rush an unfit, clubless player into the qualification rounds.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

felarey wrote:
anointed wrote:
felarey wrote:
Ok he's recovering, either way he's not ready. I actually really like Enyeama, I really do. Infact, several of us here show we have his interest at heart compared to those trying to rush and unfit, clubless player into the qualification rounds.
No one is rushing Vince, even Rohr stated he needed to get fit and get a club in the January to be considered. The issue is people on this forum saying he shouldn't be considered at all, no one is saying he should be taken if unfit and clubless, but there is time for all of that to be sorted out before the WC, so why count him out now? If fit and playing he's clearly our best GK option so I would hope that he would be fit and playing going into the WC so he could be selected as he would most likely give us the best chance of a positive display in Russia.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

felarey wrote:
KPAM and KPAM! Thanks a lot - Chief Felarey :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Enyeama has RETIRED from the Super-eagles (SE). We need to leave him alone and he also need to leave the SE alone and move on.
Last edited by Odas on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:
anointed wrote:
felarey wrote:
Ok he's recovering, either way he's not ready. I actually really like Enyeama, I really do. Infact, several of us here show we have his interest at heart compared to those trying to rush and unfit, clubless player into the qualification rounds.
No one is rushing Vince, even Rohr stated he needed to get fit and get a club in the January to be considered. The issue is people on this forum saying he shouldn't be considered at all, no one is saying he should be taken if unfit and clubless, but there is time for all of that to be sorted out before the WC, so why count him out now? If fit and playing he's clearly our best GK option so I would hope that he would be fit and playing going into the WC so he could be selected as he would most likely give us the best chance of a positive display in Russia.
... says who and why so?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:
anointed wrote:
felarey wrote:
... says who and why so?
Negro please....If that is a question then you need your head re-examined. I thought your argument is that he's retired. If he chooses to come back he's one of it not our best GK option, both he and Ikeme are head and shoulders above the rest. If Ikeme gets healthy then I don't mind Vince remaining retired, else the other guys are nowhere in Vince's or Ikeme's class, and its disrespectful to even entertain your nonsense question....
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

felarey wrote:

Bro, abeg share the man's Facebook page, make I send an friend request. Na only lagerbastard own I get and that own don block me.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote:
felarey wrote:

Bro, abeg share the man's Facebook page, make I send an friend request. Na only lagerbastard own I get and that own don block me.
felarey wrote:
anointed wrote:
felarey wrote:

Tell me about it! Funny enough, it is us who actually supported Vince when he was called enyeamayama by Ayo, and who like him, who are being accused of hating him.

Fact is that our concern is not Vince-- our concern is the team. Many of us are now old enough to have experienced several world cups and we are tired of seeing Nigeria squander its chance because of nostalgia! Bringing back so and so! Destroying team morale. Etc! We don't even have to look far. In 2014, we could have gone very far but we chopped and changed and chopped.. and ended up having Osaze slapping a teammate! Must we continue to act like insane animals and do the same thing repeatedly, expecting a different result? Seriously!?