Onyekuru scores brace

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Onyekuru scores brace

Post by chief nfachairman »

This kid is going to be a starter for Eagles by the time we get to Russia.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/13/ev ... -mechelen/

On loan Everton forward Henry Onyekuru continued his rich vein of form for his loan side Anderlecht by scoring twice in their 4-3 win over KV Mechelen.

The game was the first for coach Hein Vanhaezebrouck who was appointed by the team to help rescue a poor start to the season for the team who are representing Belgium in the UEFA Champions League.

Onyekuru wasted no time in introducing himself to the manager by scoring twice within a space of seven minutes in the 30th and 37th minute precisely to put his side 3-1 up before the half time break.

‎He now has six goals in ten games for Anderlecht, a form that has already lead to talks about a possible return to Everton in January, as they are struggling to score goals.

Last season he scored 24 goals in all competitions for modest side Eupen, and he is in line to better the tally if he maintains his current rich vein in front of goal till the end of the season.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: Onyekuru scores brace

Post by Synopsis »

What is his preferred position?

[/video]
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

chief nfachairman wrote:This kid is going to be a starter for Eagles by the time we get to Russia.

On loan Everton forward Henry Onyekuru continued his rich vein of form for his loan side Anderlecht by scoring twice in their 4-3 win over KV Mechelen.

The game was the first for coach Hein Vanhaezebrouck who was appointed by the team to help rescue a poor start to the season for the team who are representing Belgium in the UEFA Champions League.

Onyekuru wasted no time in introducing himself to the manager by scoring twice within a space of seven minutes in the 30th and 37th minute precisely to put his side 3-1 up before the half time break.

‎He now has six goals in ten games for Anderlecht, a form that has already lead to talks about a possible return to Everton in January, as they are struggling to score goals.

Last season he scored 24 goals in all competitions for modest side Eupen, and he is in line to better the tally if he maintains his current rich vein in front of goal till the end of the season.
He is a good player no doubt! He just needs to work on his team play. He seems to be a very selfish player. Thats the only problem I have with him
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I doubt it, but he can prove me wrong.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

ohenhen1 wrote:I doubt it, but he can prove me wrong.
And simon who plays the same League and position has only 1 goal compared to Henry's 6, is a better option?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
And simon who plays the same League and position has only 1 goal compared to Henry's 6, is a better option?
Alex Iwobi will most likely start ahead of Simon. I like Onyekuru speed. I hope he plays against Algeria. He lacks experience at the national level.

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

ohenhen1 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Alex Iwobi will most likely start ahead of Simon. I like Onyekuru speed. I hope he plays against Algeria. He lacks experience at the national level.
Iwobi should be drafted to be a backup for Mikel
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

chief nfachairman wrote:This kid is going to be a starter for Eagles by the time we get to Russia.

Rohr better stop playing dumb, onyekuru and Bonaventure could replace Simon and Musa, no sentiments, we have to go to Russia with the best.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Good job and effort by Onyekuru.

A lot of very naive commenting on this thread.

Rohr wants to use the whole width of the pitch. Moses Simon will almost certainly start across the field from Victor Moses at the World Cup, unless he is injured.

Onyekuru will need to push Ighalo or Nacho out of the team.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Iwobi should be drafted to be a backup for Mikel
I think his best position is out wide like he played against Zambia. He played better than Simon.

9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

truetalk wrote:Good job and effort by Onyekuru.

Rohr wants to use the whole width of the pitch. Moses Simon will almost certainly start across the field from Victor Moses at the World Cup, unless he is injured.

Moses Simon is not starting in the World Cup, you can take that to the bank and cash it. Nonsense
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I/2 EPL assist. 4 Belgian league goals = 1 EPL assist.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Just as well you are not the one picking the team. Simon Moses is not among our top 30 players yet you want to start him. Hmmm
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Just as well you are not the one picking the team. Simon Moses is not among our top 30 players yet you want to start him. Hmmm
But the person picking the team agrees with truetalk nah. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:I/2 EPL assist. 4 Belgian league goals = 1 EPL assist.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good goals. His team mate did not look happy that he jacked him for they first goal
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Truetalk is absolutely spot on
Its silly to compare him with Simon on the basis of goals scored.
Simon's primary role in the team is not one of goalscoring
He is there to provide width. If Rohr wanted a secondary striker as opposed to a wide man in that position Iheanacho would be the #1 choice

If Onyekuru is to displace Simon , then the question is what is Onyekuru's game like outside the box?
Can he provide assists, link up play with midfield, create opportunities, go past his marker, cross etc?
I havent seen enough of him to decide
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Damunk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

But the person picking the team agrees with truetalk nah. :idea:

Simon Moses will be watching the World Cup at home on TV just like Asamoah Gyan, Alex Song and Riyad Mahrez. Just as the likes of Ugbade, Semitoje, Ekpo, Elahor, Okon, etc were dropped in 94, so too will he be.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

smartbrother wrote:Truetalk is absolutely spot on
He is there to provide width. If Rohr wanted a secondary striker as opposed to a wide man in that position Iheanacho would be the #1 choice

If Onyekuru is to displace Simon , then the question is what is Onyekuru's game like outside the box?
Can he provide assists, link up play with midfield, create opportunities, go past his marker, cross etc?
Onyekuru plays from the left side of the attack. He is more of an attacking force and scoring threat than a provider. With Onyekuru, you sleep for a second and he'll bury you.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

My suspicion is the person whose days are numbered is Ahmed Musa. There are just too many options ahead of him in the six or so that will be picked for the front three positions:
Definite:
Ighalo
Moses
Iwobi
Simon
Iheanacho

Which leaves Musa fighting for one spot with a ton of people including Henry, Kayode, Success, Osimhen and even Ideye.

E go hard.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Onyekuru is a targetman competing for two slots along with Ighalo, Ideye, Osinhim and maybe Bonaventure. He is a big strong lad who can hold the ball up and with an eye for goal.

Forest Gump Simon Moses is competing for one of the four wide positions along with Victor Moses, Kelechi Iheanacho, Noah Bazee, Ahmed Musa and Cyril Dessers.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

chief nfachairman wrote:

He is more of an attacking force and scoring threat than a provider.
Which is why Comparing him to Simon is comparing apples with oranges
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Onyekuru is a targetman competing for two slots along with Ighalo, Ideye, Osinhim and maybe Bonaventure. He is a big strong lad who can hold the ball up and with an eye for goal.

Forest Gump Simon Moses is competing for one of the four wide positions along with Victor Moses, Kelechi Iheanacho, Noah Bazee, Ahmed Musa and Cyril Dessers.
Kelechi is not a winger. He has not played in that position under Rohr.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

We talk about Onyekuru and Bonaventure, but Olayinka is also immense: 4 goals + 6! assists in the same league and the same number of games.