Onyekuru scores brace

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Onyekuru scores brace

Post by truetalk »

Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:Truetalk is absolutely spot on
Its silly to compare him with Simon on the basis of goals scored.
Simon's primary role in the team is not one of goalscoring
He is there to provide width. If Rohr wanted a secondary striker as opposed to a wide man in that position Iheanacho would be the #1 choice

If Onyekuru is to displace Simon , then the question is what is Onyekuru's game like outside the box?
Can he provide assists, link up play with midfield, create opportunities, go past his marker, cross etc?
I havent seen enough of him to decide

Onyekuru is a targetman competing for two slots along with Ighalo, Ideye, Osinhim and maybe Bonaventure. He is a big strong lad who can hold the ball up and with an eye for goal.

Forest Gump Simon Moses is competing for one of the four wide positions along with Victor Moses, Kelechi Iheanacho, Noah Bazee, Ahmed Musa and Cyril Dessers.
Kelechi is not a winger. He has not played in that position under Rohr.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I said I was done with you, but permit me to laugh at a good joke. Didn't realize you were in Comedy Central mode.

Have you ever even seen a picture of Henry Onyekuru?

I support every Nigerian player and I am very impressed by what Onyekuru is doing in Belgium. I hope he goes to Everton in January and continues his good form and forces his way to Rohr's list (his reviews from the Togo game were not so good).

However that will not stop my honest and knowledgeable analysis of the SE, which is definitely not what you are providing if you are calling Onyekuru big and strong.
ozone4real
Egg
Egg

Post by ozone4real »

He is there to provide width. If Rohr wanted a secondary striker as opposed to a wide man in that position Iheanacho would be the #1 choice

If Onyekuru is to displace Simon , then the question is what is Onyekuru's game like outside the box?
Can he provide assists, link up play with midfield, create opportunities, go past his marker, cross etc?
Onyekuru is as good as simon in those areas u mentioned, except crossing. better in going past his marker than Simon IMO.
I think people underrate other aspects of onyekuru's game. His link-up play has been very good this season. He also creates chances too. Should have had at least 2 assists yesterday if Teodorczyk wasn't wasteful.
Hope you know that aside scoring 25 goals last season, Onyekuru also provided 7 assists.
Where as Simon scored 5 and provided 4 assists.
In goals, he surpasses simon by far, and same in assists.
Moses simon hasn't scored or provided any assist this season.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I actually watched the match and though Onyekuru scored 2 good goals, his overall play was poor. If that was how he played during his time with the SE in practise sessions, then I can understand why he will struggle to get playing time under Rohr. His passing, positional play and decision making was woeful. He just looked very amateurish. But I hope he will improve over the next few years. His best assets are his speed and eye for a goal. But he is well behind Ihenacho who also still has a lot to learn.

And he is no match for Moses Simon on the wings. Simon's game is more suited for the wing while Henry is either a number 9 or support striker.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

I think we really should take performances in the Belgian with a big helping of salt. The performances of Belgian clubs in Europe leaves me no other option to classify that league as rubbish.

Having said that, it still takes some talent to dominate even a rubbish league so let us wait till Henry makes the grade up to the EPL.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Henry Onyekuru has room for improvement. Simon Moses will never be good enough for the English Premiership
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

how on earth do people keep saying "take performances in Belgium with a grain of salt" when Moses Simon plays and has far worse statistics in the very same league ?

Going by that logic, Simon should be nowhere near SE.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Henry Onyekuru has room for improvement. Simon Moses will never be good enough for the English Premiership
Agent at work :D
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

vancity eagle wrote:how on earth do people keep saying "take performances in Belgium with a grain of salt" when Moses Simon plays and has far worse statistics in the very same league ?

Going by that logic, Simon should be nowhere near SE.

It's unbelievable how folks can't see the obvious
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

SylverEagles wrote:I think we really should take performances in the Belgian with a big helping of salt. The performances of Belgian clubs in Europe leaves me no other option to classify that league as rubbish.

Having said that, it still takes some talent to dominate even a rubbish league so let us wait till Henry makes the grade up to the EPL.
Igahlo did not dominate the EPL,and he playing in a weaker league and playing for SE. Paul onaucha is far better than Igahlo
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Samuel Kalu (the Turnover Machine) also scored a brace for Gent today...
Came on midway in the 2H and scored 3 mins thereafter in Gent’s 2-0 win.

Esiti and Simon started for Gent...
Esiti was subbed midway in the 2H, while Simon was Simonesque.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

And Adegbenro scored today in Norway for Rosenborg...
Last edited by Gotti on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Gotti wrote:Esiti was subbed midway in the 2H, while Simon was Simonesque.
Say no more. :|
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Onyekuru is a targetman competing for two slots along with Ighalo, Ideye, Osinhim and maybe Bonaventure. He is a big strong lad who can hold the ball up and with an eye for goal.

Forest Gump Simon Moses is competing for one of the four wide positions along with Victor Moses, Kelechi Iheanacho, Noah Bazee, Ahmed Musa and Cyril Dessers.
I would please urge you to watch more games. In Ndola, he played that role with aplomb. Brown Ideye was the target man in that match and they combined well. Iheanacho sealed off a man of the match performance with a wonderful goal that gave us all three points.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Good goals by Onyekuru hopefully he will have a chance to prove his usefulness to the SE in the run up to the WC.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Henry Onyekuru has room for improvement. Simon Moses will never be good enough for the English Premiership
Simon is very hard working but not consistent with good crosses currently he had more discipline in terms of defending unlike onyekuru
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

I would please urge you to watch more games. In Ndola, he played that role with aplomb. Brown Ideye was the target man in that match and they combined well. Iheanacho sealed off a man of the match performance with a wonderful goal that gave us all three points.
Iheanacho played behind Ideye. Iwobi and Simon were the wingers.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

It seems to me that people here like pointless argument. Simon Moses played each and every game for Nigeria at the WCQ and you want him dropped for average players. The simple fact o that team cohesion, familiarity, is vital to any winning team. It's simply to late to drop any important players at this point. You have to be exceptional to replace any player that played all games at the WCQ. Right now this forward players are undroppable
Iheanacho
Ighalo
Iwobi
Ahmed musa
V Moses
S Moses

At this point in time, we only have 1 or 2 extra forward positions available that players will fight for a shirt.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

john12 wrote:It seems to me that people here like pointless argument. Simon Moses played each and every game for Nigeria at the WCQ and you want him dropped for average players. The simple fact o that team cohesion, familiarity, is vital to any winning team. It's simply to late to drop any important players at this point. You have to be exceptional to replace any player that played all games at the WCQ. Right now this forward players are undroppable
Iheanacho
Ighalo
Iwobi
Ahmed musa
V Moses
S Moses

At this point in time, we only have 1 or 2 extra forward positions available that players will fight for a shirt.

Players should not go to the World Cup as a reward for playing in the qualifiers, Simon was benched against Algeria so try to get your facts right, if Simon is the best at his position, no one will care, but the truth is we have so many options that Simon can't break into the SE if selections are based on merit
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Team work, cohesion, familiarity matters. Simon Moses is not a starter when everyone is fit. However, his good enough to be in the 23 man squad. The only exception should be exceptional players. Most of the players y'all listed aren't exceptional players. They're similar to Simon Moses. However, moses will get the benefit because he has been with the team from day 1 and was playing. "Monkey no go dey work make baboon dey chop"
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

john12 wrote:Team work, cohesion, familiarity matters. Simon Moses is not a starter when everyone is fit. However, his good enough to be in the 23 man squad. The only exception should be exceptional players. Most of the players y'all listed aren't exceptional players. They're similar to Simon Moses. However, moses will get the benefit because he has been with the team from day 1 and was playing. "Monkey no go dey work make baboon dey chop"
That monkey no dey work nonsense is the reason a Nigerian coach may be biased and influenced by sentiments, Oliseh era had certain players, siasia invited certain players, this is football, play the best available players and forget face, Simon is a cool kid but we want the best for SE, simple and plain
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

john12 wrote:Team work, cohesion, familiarity matters. Simon Moses is not a starter when everyone is fit. However, his good enough to be in the 23 man squad. The only exception should be exceptional players. Most of the players y'all listed aren't exceptional players. They're similar to Simon Moses. However, moses will get the benefit because he has been with the team from day 1 and was playing. "Monkey no go dey work make baboon dey chop"

This is why African teams never do well. Do you think a German or Brazilian coach will ever think like you?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Please stop talking nonsense. Iheanacho played as a wide forward in that match. He has never ever featured as a playmaker for the Eagles.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Please stop talking nonsense. Iheanacho played as a wide forward in that match. He has never ever featured as a playmaker for the Eagles.
http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2016/10/wc- ... -live.html

08:17 Nigeria Starting Line-up
Ikeme, Omeruo, Troost-Ekong, Echiejile, Ndidi; Mikel, Onazi, Iheanacho; Ideye, Iwobi, Simon
Nigeria have released the Super Eagles starting XI to face the Chipolopolo of Zambia this afternoon in Ndola

The Franco German has gone with a lineup most pundits had expected him to and which had been rather obvious based on feelers from the teams training camp

The biggest changes are the relegation of Leicester Citys Ahmed Musa who has struggled for playing time at the Premier League champions to the bench and the choice of KRC Genks Wilfred Ndidi at right back ahead of Musa Muhamed

Wolverhampton Wanderers net-minder Carl Ikeme expectedly keeps his place in goal and will be protected by a back four of Wilfred Ndidi at right back Elderson Echiejile at left back and the pair of William Troost-Ekong and Kenneth Omeruo will be the centre backs

Team captain Mikel will pull the strings in central midfield and Trabzonspor of Turkeys Ogenyi Onazi stays in defensive midfield

In attack Olympiacos hitman Brown Ideye will lead the Eagles attack flanked by Arsenal Star Alex iwobi and KAA Gents Moses Simon

Manchester Citys Kelechi Iheancho will operate in the hole slightly behind Ideye and look to make things happen for the Eagles with his skill and vision