LIVERPOOL VS UNITED: 0-0 (FT)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LIVERPOOL VS UNITED: 0-0 (FT)

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:I dont care what anyone has to say, people talk about players in money value, when you have creative players like Pogba, hard workers like Felliani out injured, world class defenders like Bailly missing, you have to change your tactic and formation to make sure the other team does not do damage especially playing away from home, liverpool had more of the ball but they were reduced to pot shots, it eas their game to win, remember they are the ones that need the 3 points to play catch up with city and united, in context of chelsea and arsenal losing yesteray, it does not make oir point seem that bad, there are many games to be played this season, right now city are the team to beat, just hope we can get our good players baxk from injury
I agree with you there chap.
United next step is to continue dispatching small teams, i suspect City may drop shock points somewhere before December.

All we want now is to challenge, and most importantly finish comfortably in top 4.
Manchester United still has some final touches to do in the transfer market, just been watching Perisic, I think United must try to get him again if Mourinho really wants him, he is good and will make United solid.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Parking the bus like that is asking for trouble. If Liverpool had scored, Man Utd would not have been able to get the bus moving to chase an equaliser.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Why mourinho did not start with rashford and mata? Our players were so hesistant, seems they were playing to a well rehearsed script, like i said the major key this season is to try and win all our home games especially against the lesser teams and ttry and nick points against the big teams if not win, we should finish comfortably in the top 4 this season without a doubt
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Rashford was carrying an injury and Mata struggles in high paced, high tempo, intense games where the opposition press him (AKA games like Liverpool away).
marko wrote:Why mourinho did not start with rashford and mata? Our players were so hesistant, seems they were playing to a well rehearsed script, like i said the major key this season is to try and win all our home games especially against the lesser teams and ttry and nick points against the big teams if not win, we should finish comfortably in the top 4 this season without a doubt
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

txj wrote:I think the real point here is, if you have a squad of 500MP, you should be able to do better than Burnley at Anfield. City also has a 500MP squad, but look at the way they played at SB...

That's why, in spite of whatever success he had at Madrid, he was fired, and is loathed there...

:lol: :lol: :lol: Keep repeating this. I've tried over and over again, but have encountered cement skulls. Blissful ignorance is a beautiful thing.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

metalalloy wrote:
txj wrote:I think the real point here is, if you have a squad of 500MP, you should be able to do better than Burnley at Anfield. City also has a 500MP squad, but look at the way they played at SB...

That's why, in spite of whatever success he had at Madrid, he was fired, and is loathed there...

:lol: :lol: :lol: Keep repeating this. I've tried over and over again, but have encountered cement skulls. Blissful ignorance is a beautiful thing.
Let's forget these current over inflated transfer fees for once, how many times did Alex Ferguson's United go to Anfield and attack the highlights out of Liverpool.
From what i remember this has always been a very tricky fixture for United, a very big game where Liverpool is always up for it. One time they embarrassed United 3-0 when they were being coached by Dalglish in his 2nd stint.

I think it was a decent outing, nothing t shout about, but enough.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Much ado about nothing, liverpool needed the 3 points more than united, in the scheme of things, a point was just fine, i just hope we get all our injured players back, we need our best 11against the top teams

If felliani was fit, he would have added a different threat to oir team
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

But Mourinho teams hold the records for team goals scored in EPL and La Liga.

The problem is to hire a manager with a certain style and expect him to play the Madrid or Barcelona way.

Capello also delivered some underwhelming stuff for Madrid.
A quick question, do you think Conte can be a good fit with Barcelona playing style.
That's where the issues arise in my opinion. When United got Mourinho i imagine they were ready to win trophies by all means, and with the occasional good footie from Mourinho, but not expecting a festival of football every weekend
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

The special one indeed :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

benteke wrote:

Maybe La Liga, but definitely NOT EPL except you explaining something different.

As for playing style especially vs. top teams, I can't in good conscience bash it because I also defended it when he coached CFC. But to see certain Man U fans now turn hypocrites by defending the same playing style they bashed while he coached CFC is just laughable.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :taunt: :taunt:
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

analyzer wrote:
benteke wrote:

Maybe La Liga, but definitely NOT EPL except you explaining something different.

As for playing style especially vs. top teams, I can't in good conscience bash it because I also defended it when he coached CFC. But to see certain Man U fans now turn hypocrites by defending the same playing style they bashed while he coached CFC is just laughable.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf: Look at this one with his yellow pawpaw face! Did you also defend it two weeks ago when your club was humiliated in front of stamford bridge fans? playing 7 defenders at home and camping in your 18 yard box, as Man City foooked you like a cheap ugly whore?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And people wonder why Chelsea fans are becoming more hated than Arsenal fans. You think we dont know how you won your title last year? parking the bus like a scared puppy and then at home, just two weeks ago, camping inside your box, afraid to come out! AT HOMEEEE!! :lol:

for your information:

United -- 21 goals

Chelsea - 13 goals

FACT!!! I KNOW WHICH TEAM IS DEFENSIVE!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

analyzer wrote:
benteke wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Interesting that Mourinho is already fluttering his eyes at PSG and refusing to commit to United in the long-term...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

metalalloy wrote:
analyzer wrote:
benteke wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
My brother, the thing is just so funny.. Now they are his #1 cheerleaders..
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

analyzer wrote:
benteke wrote:

:biggrin: Maybe you are talking about someone else who is a Man United fan, I was not part of the bashing when Mourinho was at Chelsea.
When he rumours started circulating about Mourinho replacing Van Gaal i did mention that United fans will be getting used to the the Mourinho style, which will be fine as long as he is winning things.
I think i used to defend Mourinho because when he won the league with Chelsea, his team was playing great football until after January or something.

I see nothing wrong with winning at all costs, I've never criticised it.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Mourinho is a safety first coach, maybe if he had Pogba and felliani at his disposal, it would have been a differnt game, Pogba is indeed a special player and he makes our midfield so differnt, this season, he has already banged in a few, even felliani is having the best season of his life, then both end up injured, well our squad should be able to handle this, we still have Matic, mata and herrera who can perform a decent job, even carrick is out injured, our defence seems to be solid, we have only conceeded 2 goals this season, we just have to continue winning against th lower sides and especially at home and hope th likes of Pogba and felliani come back from injury

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

analyzer wrote:
benteke wrote:

quit while you're behind

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Chelsea and Arse fans are still triggered by this game...move on o

Arse went there and chop 4...they went to Watford and chop late goal from a United old boy

As for Chelsea, you got stomped by CP, courtesy of a United old boy

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

analyzer wrote: As for playing style especially vs. top teams, I can't in good conscience bash it because I also defended it when he coached CFC. But to see certain Man U fans now turn hypocrites by defending the same playing style they bashed while he coached CFC is just laughable.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :taunt: :taunt:
if i ask you to provide proof....hmmm

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

tfco wrote:
analyzer wrote:
benteke wrote:

quit while you're behind
If you want to help your colleague provide proof or explain what he means then floor is yours :D :D :lol: :lol:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

analyzer wrote:
tfco wrote:
analyzer wrote:
benteke wrote:

quit while you're behind
If you want to help your colleague provide proof or explain what he means then floor is yours :D :D :lol: :lol:
I meant that the record for the most league goals scored in one La Liga season is held by Real Madrid and that happened when Mourinho was the coach at Madrid.

For some reason i thought it was Mourinho' coached Chelsea team that holds a similar record in the EPL, but looks like got mixed up with some other record that his team broke when he was the coach.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:Chelsea and Arse fans are still triggered by this game...move on o

Arse went there and chop 4...they went to Watford and chop late goal from a United old boy

As for Chelsea, you got stomped by CP, courtesy of a United old boy

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The game really pain them. Especially the Chelsea fans, who have become worse than Arsenal fans. Lowlife losers! They were humiliated at home by Man City, after they attempted to park bus, so na jealousy dey worry those ones.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Pool v United

post game chatter has more ABUs, Chelsea and Arse fans...both got smacked by ex-United players

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S