Jololo makes team of the week back to back

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Jololo makes team of the week back to back

Post by chief nfachairman »

Agent in 3.2.1...

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/03/13/ro ... n-holland/

Red hot on loan Roma forward Sadiq Umar has once again made the team of the week in the Dutch Eredivisie after another super showing for his loan side NAC Breda against ADO Den Haag over the weekend.

Umar joined the modest Dutch side from Roma on loan till the end of the season, after an unhappy spell at Torino in the first half of the season, no thanks to injuries and fitness issues during his time at the club.

Since moving to NAC Breda, he has scored three goals in five appearances, and overall has had a hand in five other goals scored by the team who are now save from relegation, thanks to the increase in their win percentage since the arrival of Sadiq.

His stellar showing in their 2-0 win over ADO Den Haag has for the second week running earned him a team of the week spot. It is the third time he has made the team of the week in just five games with the Dutch side.

DONT MISS ==> Young Arsenal Defender Torn Between Playing For England And Nigeria Says Iwobi Is An Inspiration
Speaking to Owngoalnigeria.com, the lanky forward who is heavily linked with a move to Chelsea said he is satisfied with his performance so far, but still want to do more to help the team.

” Back to back team nomination is something to be happy about, but it wouldn’t have been possible without my teammates. The whole idea is to help the team and also improve myself as a footballer “, he said in an exclusive chat with Owngoalnigeria.com.
Obong
Egg
Egg
Re: Jololo makes team of the week back to back

Post by Obong »

If he continues at this pace, he's bound to be on the list for the May/June friendlies and the final list of 35 to FIFA.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Obong wrote:If he continues at this pace, he's bound to be on the list for the May/June friendlies and the final list of 35 to FIFA.
Oga, na taati o, no be Tati five.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

His team name may work against him.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Well done to him. This is how you make a push to be considered.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

metalalloy wrote:Well done to him. This is how you make a push to be considered.
you mean keeping clean sheets on self shot youtube video is not how to make a push to be considered?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Well done to him. This is how you make a push to be considered.
you mean keeping clean sheets on self shot youtube video is not how to make a push to be considered?
:rotf: - at all! I hope Sadiq gets a chance sha, I remember Rohr saying he would look at him and Etebo shortly after the Olympics but then he went into deep bench duty and was forgotten.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Obong wrote:If he continues at this pace, he's bound to be on the list for the May/June friendlies and the final list of 35 to FIFA.
Oga, na taati o, no be Tati five.
Emir, FIFA's Organizing Committee for Competeions recently revised it from 30 to 35. See highlighted portion below.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=201 ... and-w.html

he Organising Committee for FIFA Competitions, chaired by Aleksander Ceferin, met at the Home of FIFA in Zurich today, with the main focus falling on the FIFA World Cup kicking off in Russia on 14 June. With just a few months to go before the action starts, a great deal of work is going on behind the scenes to ensure that everything runs smoothly for all 32 participating teams, including the final selection of the Team Base Camps and matchday operations in the 11 Host Cities.

Important milestones have also been reached for the upcoming women’s tournaments this year in Uruguay and next year in France with the unveiling of the respective match schedules.

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Organising Committee for FIFA Competitions was presented with the latest developments in the preparations for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia, including an overview of the event’s 12 stadiums, the upcoming Team Workshop in Sochi (27-28 February) and the FIFA Congress (13 June).

As a result of feedback from the coaches who attended the Team Seminar held around the Final Draw, the Organising Committee for FIFA Competitions has agreed to increase the number of players included in the release list from no more than 30 to up to 35. In addition, a release list may only be published by the FIFA general secretariat with the explicit permission of the respective participating member association. These amendments to article 44, paragraphs 1 and 3, of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Regulations are still subject to approval by the FIFA Council at its next meeting, scheduled to be held in Bogota, Colombia, on 16 March.

As confirmed by the FIFA Council in January 2017, the deadline for the participating member associations to submit their release lists is 14 May 2018, while the submission of the final list of 23 players is due on 4 June 2018.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Nonsense! All these players keep impressing at backwater leagues but you want them to replace our established players at SE. I have been saying that there should be a criteria for suggesting newer players at SE soon to World Cup
1, he must be an Exceptional player
2, Proven Experienced player
Any newer player coming on board should be an upgrade not a downgrade or even same qualities as the present ones because for super eagles to Achieve something meaningful in the world stage we need Quality players playing at Quality clubs at Quality Leagues. Simple! If you want us to continue exiting at group stage or round of 16, we should keep our backwater players. Among all these new names people has been touting is only “Joel Obi” that seems like an upgrade
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Nonsense! All these players keep impressing at backwater leagues but you want them to replace our established players at SE. I have been saying that there should be a criteria for suggesting newer players at SE soon to World Cup
1, he must be an Exceptional player
2, Proven Experienced player
Any newer player coming on board should be an upgrade not a downgrade or even same qualities as the present ones because for super eagles to Achieve something meaningful in the world stage we need Quality players playing at Quality clubs at Quality Leagues. Simple! If you want us to continue exiting at group stage or round of 16, we should keep our backwater players. Among all these new names people has been touting is only “Joel Obi” that seems like an upgrade
We don't have these players you are talking about, however if our main ones get injured or lose form we still need decent players than can deputize for them. So I don't mind giving these guys a chance esp. to make the 35 man list just in case we have to replace any of our mainstays due to injury etc...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Maceo, i disagree that we don’t have those players. We do have some of them because the likes of
Exceptional player
1, Victor Moses - world class team, and league
2, Alex Iwobi - World class league and team

Good player/world class league

1, wilfred Ndidi
2, kelechi iheanacho
3, Ahmed Musa
4, Joel Obi
4, Chiesozie awaziem
5, Balogun
6, Etebo
Experienced proven players

1, Mikel
2, Odion ighalo
3, Vincent Enyeama

This is a template for newer players in super eagles. Check if your boy is better than the present ones before asking for a callup. Any newer players coming on board must be an upgrade to the ones available
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Maceo, i disagree that we don’t have those players. We do have some of them because the likes of
Exceptional player
1, Victor Moses - world class team, and league
2, Alex Iwobi - World class league and team

Good player/world class league

1, wilfred Ndidi
2, kelechi iheanacho
3, Ahmed Musa
4, Joel Obi
4, Chiesozie awaziem
5, Balogun
6, Etebo
Experienced proven players

1, Mikel
2, Odion ighalo
3, Vincent Enyeama

This is a template for newer players in super eagles. Check if your boy is better than the present ones before asking for a callup. Any newer players coming on board must be an upgrade to the ones available
No you misunderstood me, I'm saying outside the ones that have already been called, the ones that haven't aren't necessarily outstanding or exceptional players, but rather decent players that may be able to fill in if one of our outstanding ones goes down with injury.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Oh ok you make a valid point. But the replacement in SE are probably on the same level as this new guys that are impressing at backwater leagues. Therefore, the incumbent bench players has an edge because of cohesiveness, familiarity, longevity to our coach philosophy. Example, a player like Samuel Kalu, onyekuru might be more talented than Simon Moses however, the time frame is to short for any drastic changes or replacement.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

john12 wrote:Oh ok you make a valid point. But the replacement in SE are probably on the same level as this new guys that are impressing at backwater leagues. Therefore, the incumbent bench players has an edge because of cohesiveness, familiarity, longevity to our coach philosophy. Example, a player like Samuel Kalu, onyekuru might be more talented than Simon Moses however, the time frame is to short for any drastic changes or replacement.

We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The same Sadiq that’s impressing at this backwater league couldn’t even score one goal at Seria A (this season) yet, you want him called for World Cup. When i call people agent now they would call me names
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

john12 wrote:The same Sadiq that’s impressing at this backwater league couldn’t even score one goal at Seria A (this season) yet, you want him called for World Cup. When i call people agent now they would call me names
From now henceforth, if i find ANY post where you decide to spam this forum like a retarded he goat, by labelling people as "agents", i will post this gif and spam the hell out it.

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

john12 wrote:The same Sadiq that’s impressing at this backwater league couldn’t even score one goal at Seria A (this season) yet, you want him called for World Cup. When i call people agent now they would call me names
And how many did your client Musa score in the EPL?!
In fact, how many did he score in the U23? The Reserves? Or since returning to Russia?

If your guess is a fat big ZERO, you win a prize. Don't get me wrong, Musa is an experienced head and a seemingly decent enough chap (which is probably great for the locker-room, and fine and dandy if we were merely looking for the 2018 WC version of Shola Ameobi), but even KOKORO the Blind Minstrel can see the the dude has been on a rather precipitous decline in terms of on-field performance and output. Nonetheless, just by playing in Russia for as long as he has/had, Musa likely still brings some intangibles to the team in this particular WC cycle and if I was a betting man (thankfully, I am not) will wager that he will almost certainly be on the WC squad, but everybody gets long in the tooth and frankly Musa's proverbial greys has been showing over the past couple of seasons and (here I hate to sound like Vancity) we cannot keep nostalgically harping back to one terrific performance in a losing cause FOUR YEARS AGO (and the odd cameo during the qualifiers) to hand him what would essentially be a free pass to Russia.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

First and foremost. Musa is super Eagles present top scorer with 13 goals in 65 games. He has vast experienced and knowledge of the game as proven by past goals in CL, Premier league, World Cup and trophies like Russia league, Nations cup to show for it. He actually not just competed in those tournaments but was good at it. Musa was an established member of super eagles before going to England and doesn’t Need EPL validation to prove competency. When all these backwater leagues players prove competency in Super eagles then you can compare them to musa but as for now Mus is still better than these backwater league guys. Why do you guys like attacking only musa even if I mention many other players? Is there anything about musa that you all dislike? Face? Religion? Tribe? Idk what the issue. The point I have been trying to make is that SE must only accept an upgrade and not downgrade assuming newer players are integrated. Enough is enough, you shouldn’t just suggest pile of players irrespective of their competency level
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

1naija wrote:
:lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

john12 wrote:First and foremost. Musa is super Eagles present top scorer with 13 goals in 65 games. He has vast experienced and knowledge of the game as proven by past goals in CL, Premier league, World Cup and trophies like Russia league, Nations cup to show for it. He actually not just competed in those tournaments but was good at it. Musa was an established member of super eagles before going to England and doesn’t Need EPL validation to prove competency. When all these backwater leagues players prove competency in Super eagles then you can compare them to musa but as for now Mus is still better than these backwater league guys. Why do you guys like attacking only musa even if I mention many other players? Is there anything about musa that you all dislike? Face? Religion? Tribe? Idk what the issue. The point I have been trying to make is that SE must only accept an upgrade and not downgrade assuming newer players are integrated. Enough is enough, you shouldn’t just suggest pile of players irrespective of their competency level
So why not call Oba Martins? He is still active...
And has scored more SE goals than Musa (14 in 40 games). :lol:

BTW, can you remind us what EPL goal Musa scored? :lol: :lol:
Anyway, suffice to note most things you say about Musa is prefaced with "was" - precisely the point!
Last edited by Gotti on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Gotti wrote:
john12 wrote:First and foremost. Musa is super Eagles present top scorer with 13 goals in 65 games. He has vast experienced and knowledge of the game as proven by past goals in CL, Premier league, World Cup and trophies like Russia league, Nations cup to show for it. He actually not just competed in those tournaments but was good at it. Musa was an established member of super eagles before going to England and doesn’t Need EPL validation to prove competency. When all these backwater leagues players prove competency in Super eagles then you can compare them to musa but as for now Mus is still better than these backwater league guys. Why do you guys like attacking only musa even if I mention many other players? Is there anything about musa that you all dislike? Face? Religion? Tribe? Idk what the issue. The point I have been trying to make is that SE must only accept an upgrade and not downgrade assuming newer players are integrated. Enough is enough, you shouldn’t just suggest pile of players irrespective of their competency level
So why not call Oba Martins? He is still active...
And has scored more SE goals than Musa (14 in 40 games). :lol:

BTW, can you remind us what EPL goal Musa scored? :lol: :lol:
He scored one EPL goal last season.

I concur with your earlier post btw.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

I will not dignify your PRIMORDIAL idi@cy with a substantive response...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL