WATFORD VS ARSENAL: 2-1 (BFG) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: WATFORD VS ARSENAL: 2-1 (BFG) FT

Post by Waffiman »

:curse: :curse: :curse:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:saw how well 1st half worked with genuine workers in Welbeck and Lacazette, Had to be Jack for Welbeck and Lacazette stays on entire 90 minutes.

Subbing on Ozil and Giroud..so needless, so damaging. so Wenger.

The fool is more interested in appeasing players than doing what's right for the game ... as usual his misplaced loyalty costs the team and incenses the fans.

The man is beyond foolish. An even dumber and slower learner than flippity floppy Waffi :mrgreen:
Appeasing players like Sanchez who it is rumoured walked out of his team mates and club when he realised he was a sub and not starting.

When talk of appeasement, don't mention Ozil.

Waffi please look for an exit and a wig and cover ya shame and pick race ... shame no dey catch you :taunt:

You have got to be kidding me .:: you might really be daft and a non learner if possible :laugh:
Painful to have to explain to Arsenal "fans", a team with no chances in 77min beat us on a wrong penalty and offside goal doesn't mean we are as bad as many of you here make out.

Problem with you Arsenal "fans" here is you spend far much more time supporting the opposition than the club you claim to support.

Waffi you are talking bloody rubbish my good man.

That game was begging for Jack wilshere ... the fans were singing his name and everyone else could see it except the gaffer. We needed someone who could hold control of the game and shift momentum .

You don't bring on Ozil when you need a stiff upper back and are under pressure.

That's like shoving a fresh kill and baiting a pride of hungry lions. Not only did he not bury a game winning sitter, he did nothing to turn the tide when things were going south.

He is a PURE AND APPLIED PROVEN FAILURE AND A PARASITE !

Anyone who doesn't see this even after his kinda evidence is a moron and has no business discussing football. I mean how much of a willing Anuofia can someone be to dispute this.

This is a bloody team game and all hands were needed on deck to hold on. Much like Miki today, he showed nothing and was a short one.

It's no surprise the results without him in the lineup yet you remain obstinate ... bros please leave before the last inch of ya credibility remains Biko
Last edited by anikulapo on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:This is on the gaffer - he'd most of the starters he used at Stamford Bridge but chose to not press - they got confident - i am past trying to figure out AW's gameplans. We had something that works - switched it for no reason - no points.
Total disregard for the importance of team defense!!!
Clown why don't you clap some more for bird brained defense of a hopeless Parasite ... you're as clueless as the manager
Drunkard go get your Siesta!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:This is on the gaffer - he'd most of the starters he used at Stamford Bridge but chose to not press - they got confident - i am past trying to figure out AW's gameplans. We had something that works - switched it for no reason - no points.
Total disregard for the importance of team defense!!!
Clown why don't you clap some more for bird brained defense of a hopeless Parasite ... you're as clueless as the manager
Drunkard go get your Siesta!!!

You're the one that's drunk on Ozil clown juice
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:AW, ozil and giroud killed Arsenal in that 2nd half...pathetic efforts from all 3.
Was that a penalty? Goals change games. The key decision of the game was the Ref's error in giving a penalty. We were unlucky for both goals.
Arsenal had game under control until AW gifted midfield by subbing on Ozil for injured Welbeck and Giroud for Lacazette.

Once subs were made it was an onslaught from Watford, when is AW going to grasp with Ozil creating chances is not the only measure of good performance, teams so often run over Arsenal in midfield when Ozil plays.
I see you ignore the wrong penalty call cos you have an agenda. That's disappointing, you are better than that.

Watford needed a goal so they were attacking. We were under pressure before Ozil came on. Pressure was not down to Ozil only.

Were the changes forced or unforced? He had to make 2 changes in the game which he did not want to. Certainly not when he did. This is key. Cos it was another bit of bad luck.

Giroud offered physicality to match Watford especially on the set piece. Arsenal lost the physicality and pace Lacazette and Welbeck gave the team, it did not help. Our midfield got over ran as ElNeny and Iwobi tired out. Ozil was not the only reason like you are trying to make out. Had Wenger had the choice, maybe he would have subbed off Welbeck, Iwobi and ElNeny but he did not.

You chose to look for a scapegoat, Ozil was not the reason we lost. We lost cos of a creative penalty decision by the Ref. The player and the Ref created the key moment of the game. When they scored, they became a different team cos that's what a goal gives to you.

Yes, we should have killed the game off with our chances, despite the misses, we led until the Ref's mistake.
KPOM Waffiman.....

Trust the usual people to look for scapegoats, at the end of the day we lost because we were not good enough and a ridiculous penalty was awarded against us, it is a missed opportunity and we have to do better in future games.
To God be the glory
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

anikulapo wrote:
‘The top players are ruthless and they don’t play for fun. That ball has got to be in the back of the net.

‘He’s got to be clinical, does he care? It doesn’t look like it.

‘He had an opportunity to wrap up proceedings and he didn’t take it.’

I don’t know whether there’s a future for him in this Arsenal team,’ he told BT Sport.
Quoting MK again who we all know has an agenda. Yeah Ozil missed a chance. Same also did Iwobi, a chance created by Ozil. Ozil in his few minutes on the pitch created like 5 chances. How many other player on the pitch created that many chances.
For those hounding Ozil out, today we saw a glimpse of a future Arsenal without Ozil.Aniks please tell me how many chances did we create before Ozil came in?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
‘The top players are ruthless and they don’t play for fun. That ball has got to be in the back of the net.

I don’t know whether there’s a future for him in this Arsenal team,’ he told BT Sport.
Quoting MK again who we all know has an agenda. Yeah Ozil missed a chance. Same also did Iwobi, a chance created by Ozil. Ozil in his few minutes on the pitch created like 5 chances. How many other player on the pitch created that many chances.
For those hounding Ozil out, today we saw a glimpse of a future Arsenal without Ozil.Aniks please tell me how many chances did we create before Ozil came in?

Azuka I respect as a man so I go end this discussion before I lose my damn mind ... you seriously don't believe the drivel just spewed here. I can't even begin to have this discussion SORRY

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Azuka I respect as a man so I go end this discussion before I lose my damn mind ... you seriously don't believe the drivel just spewed here. I can't even begin to have this discussion SORRY

God! Why do you love me so much!??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: mugooners are running mad! :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Wait!
Had anyone posted this??? :lol: :lol: wow! With a player like this you can't win!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Granit Xhaka will still start next game and play 90 minutes ... you wanna bet?
And this is the fundamental Arsene Wenger Problem. 343, 442, 433 ... is irrelevant. It is about attitude. It is about accountability from the top of the food chain.
Pathetic display is rewarded constantly ... that's why Wenger needed to go. Because he is incapable of fixing this problem.
Gooner1 wrote:
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Gooner1 wrote:
No, they wont see that. That's our supposedly DM for there watching as a spectator. But will be blaming just one of the only 2 true world class players we have for the loss. If that's not evidence of a gang-up tell me what is? And true gonners like Aniks will be here supporting such.

And is it only Xhaka? See where our supposedly left-wing back is. Outside the 18 when the 16 is under seige. Look across too and you will see Elneny too the other who alongside Xhaka is supposed to be supporting the defence outside the 18 too. At the end of the day we have 4 Watford players against our 3 CDs in our own 18. Basic defending thrown to the winds.

No it's the AM, Ozil's fault they are so well placed as one renowned world class MK will make us believe since his eyes are only on Ozil.
Last edited by azuka on Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Skylolo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:AW, ozil and giroud killed Arsenal in that 2nd half...pathetic efforts from all 3.
Was that a penalty? Goals change games. The key decision of the game was the Ref's error in giving a penalty. We were unlucky for both goals.
Arsenal had game under control until AW gifted midfield by subbing on Ozil for injured Welbeck and Giroud for Lacazette.

Once subs were made it was an onslaught from Watford, when is AW going to grasp with Ozil creating chances is not the only measure of good performance, teams so often run over Arsenal in midfield when Ozil plays.
I see you ignore the wrong penalty call cos you have an agenda. That's disappointing, you are better than that.

Watford needed a goal so they were attacking. We were under pressure before Ozil came on. Pressure was not down to Ozil only.

Were the changes forced or unforced? He had to make 2 changes in the game which he did not want to. Certainly not when he did. This is key. Cos it was another bit of bad luck.

Giroud offered physicality to match Watford especially on the set piece. Arsenal lost the physicality and pace Lacazette and Welbeck gave the team, it did not help. Our midfield got over ran as ElNeny and Iwobi tired out. Ozil was not the only reason like you are trying to make out. Had Wenger had the choice, maybe he would have subbed off Welbeck, Iwobi and ElNeny but he did not.

You chose to look for a scapegoat, Ozil was not the reason we lost. We lost cos of a creative penalty decision by the Ref. The player and the Ref created the key moment of the game. When they scored, they became a different team cos that's what a goal gives to you.

Yes, we should have killed the game off with our chances, despite the misses, we led until the Ref's mistake.
KPOM Waffiman.....

Trust the usual people to look for scapegoats, at the end of the day we lost because we were not good enough and a ridiculous penalty was awarded against us, it is a missed opportunity and we have to do better in future games.
The title winners will have at least 2 or 3 bad games that they win and not get mugged off like we were today. Both goals they got were illegitimate. It does not matter what we think or feel or even what we 'deserved' it's just a fact.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
No, they wont see that. That's our supposedly DM for there watching as a spectator. But will be blaming just one of the only 2 true world class players we have for the loss. If that's not evidence of a gang-up tell me what is? And true gonners like Aniks will be here supporting such.

And is it only Xhaka? See where our supposedly left-wing back is. Outside the 18 when the 16 is under seige. Look across too and you will see Elneny too the other who alongside Xhaka is supposed to be supporting the defence outside the 18 too. At the end of the day we have 4 Watford players against our 3 CDs in our own 18. Basic defending thrown to the winds.

No it's the AM, Ozil's fault they are so well placed as one renowned world class MK will make us believe since his eyes are only on Ozil.
It was offside when that shot got the lucky deflection.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The only bright spot about Arsenal today was Iwobi! The guy was a beast on the pitch today. I am feeling better and better about our WC team!

And I don't believe he is related to JJ. If he is, then the apple fell very very very very far from the tree. And thank God for that!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Comparing Ozil sitter to Iwobi chance, Ozil is the marquee player seeking a 40% pay rise to £250k a week, has he improved over the three years at Arsenal. Iwobi is a better player today than he was in 2015.

An effective Ozil would require two DM's behind him and two Sanchez's front of him, presently Ozil is a luxury we can't afford.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

realtrouble wrote:
azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Comparing Ozil sitter to Iwobi chance, Ozil is the marquee player seeking a 40% pay rise to £250k a week, has he improved over the three years at Arsenal. Iwobi is a better player today than he was in 2015.

An effective Ozil would require two DM's behind him and two Sanchez's front of him, presently Ozil is a luxury we can't afford.
While i agree with the bold part my point here is not to criticize Iwobi but to highlight the hounding agenda of MK and co the so called pundits. Ozil was signed to create chances. And last time i checked he is still leading in the chances created since he joined the EPL. Even this season so far he is still leading in the chances created. And in this particular match he created 5 chances in my non-pundit eyes. Is it his faults that these chances were not being taken. Just pause a minute and think and imagine where Arsenal would have ended up in the EPL tables if 50%, yes 50% of the chances he created were taken.

But not to worry, come January or Summer he will be gone. For me whatever be the case i can't wait to watch him with Germany as the German team cruise to the World Cup. And these pundits today vilifying him will be among those singing his praises to high heavens after they have achieved their selfish aims.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:

It was offside when that shot got the lucky deflection.
But aren't they supposed to play to the whistle?
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

azuka wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

While i agree with the bold part my point here is not to criticize Iwobi but to highlight the hounding agenda of MK and co the so called pundits. Ozil was signed to create chances. And last time i checked he is still leading in the chances created since he joined the EPL review my table below Even this season so far he is still leading in the chances created. And in this particular match he created 5 chances in my non-pundit eyes. Is it his faults that these chances were not being taken. Just pause a minute and think and imagine where Arsenal would have ended up in the EPL tables if 50%, yes 50% of the chances he created were taken.

But not to worry, come January or Summer he will be gone. For me whatever be the case i can't wait to watch him with Germany as the German team cruise to the World Cup. And these pundits today vilifying him will be among those singing his praises to high heavens after they have achieved their selfish aims.
When you compare £42 million Ozil with his contemporary, Christian Eriksen £15 million and Kevin De Bruyne £52 million, you begin to understand why he is heavily criticise. The statistics don't lie, his output has steadily declined over the past 3.5 years.

Christian Eriksen ( 4 years, 2013 to present)

34 Goals , 40 Assists

(https://www.premierleague.com/players/4 ... ksen/stats)

Ozil ( 4 years, 2013 to present)

23 Goals , 42 Assists
(https://www.premierleague.com/players/4 ... 6zil/stats)

Kevin De Bruyne ( 2 years 2015 to present)

14 Goals , 33 Assists

(https://www.premierleague.com/players/4 ... co=1&se=-1)
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

realtrouble wrote:
azuka wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

While i agree with the bold part my point here is not to criticize Iwobi but to highlight the hounding agenda of MK and co the so called pundits. Ozil was signed to create chances. And last time i checked he is still leading in the chances created since he joined the EPL review my table below Even this season so far he is still leading in the chances created. And in this particular match he created 5 chances in my non-pundit eyes. Is it his faults that these chances were not being taken. Just pause a minute and think and imagine where Arsenal would have ended up in the EPL tables if 50%, yes 50% of the chances he created were taken.

When you compare £42 million Ozil with his contemporary, Christian Eriksen £15 million and Kevin De Bruyne £52 million, you begin to understand why he is heavily criticise. The statistics don't lie, his output has steadily declined over the past 3.5 years.

34 Goals , 40 Assists

23 Goals , 42 Assists

14 Goals , 33 Assists

Is it his fault that he creates chances and they are not converted? Please show us the statistics for chances created since 2013.

And by the way, it's not the criticism i am against. Rather it seems orchestrated. A sort of hounding. See these check the setup of their teams, does he have the same tools. Not only do they have strikers of repute, each play in a team of 2 DMs, thus lessening the sort of defensive duties each is expected to provide. Does Ozil have that same luxury and yet, he is always castigated as if the problem of Arsenal will end when he leaves. In the German team where he does have all these he delivers constantly. That's just not fair IMHO. And just like you must have noticed the way he has been deployed changed since last season simply because AW wants him to score more goals.
Just today i stopped counting after he has created 5 goals. How many of such were converted. Zero.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

azuka wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
azuka wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

34 Goals , 40 Assists

23 Goals , 42 Assists

14 Goals , 33 Assists

Is it his fault that he creates chances and they are not converted? Please show us the statistics for chances created since 2013.

And by the way, it's not the criticism i am against. Rather it seems orchestrated. A sort of hounding. See these check the setup of their teams, does he have the same tools. Not only do they have strikers of repute, each play in a team of 2 DMs, thus lessening the sort of defensive duties each is expected to provide. Does Ozil have that same luxury and yet, he is always castigated as if the problem of Arsenal will end when he leaves. In the German team where he does have all these he delivers constantly. That's just not fair IMHO. And just like you must have noticed the way he has been deployed changed since last season simply because AW wants him to score more goals.
Just today i stopped counting after he has created 5 goals. How many of such were converted. Zero.
It is his fault that he has failed to evolve beyond the 2013 player that we bought. Unlike Christian Eriksen and Kevin De Bruyne, they are both improving their squads, Ozil is not and need better players to improve his limitation.