VICTOR MOSES TO MISS ALGERIA MATCH!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EagleEye
Egg
Egg
VICTOR MOSES TO MISS ALGERIA MATCH!!!

Post by EagleEye »

What went wrong for Chelsea?

The Blues looked pedestrian at times and seemed as off-colour as they had done in their 1-0 defeat by Manchester City before the international break.

The champions were without influential midfielder N'Golo Kante and striker Alvaro Morata, and also lost Victor Moses to a suspected hamstring injury in the first half.

But the front three of Michy Batshuayi, Willian and Eden Hazard failed to produce the goods, and although substitutes Pedro, Musonda and Davide Zappacosta piled on the pressure during a decent 15 minute spell in the second half, they could not find the goal they craved.

"We played this game without three important players and that's not straightforward," said Chelsea boss Antonio Conte. "We started very badly and it was a very difficult day. But we need also to understand the situation and to continue to work, to find solutions despite our injuries.

"They are big losses for us but we can only accept the situation and then do our best. I am not happy and my players are not happy."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: VICTOR MOSES TO MISS ALGERIA MATCH!!!

Post by Tobi17 »

not a big deal, the match is a dead rubber one any way and why do we need Moses when he should be resting? time to try out other options since that's the point of building more depth.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Sauce pls.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Did I miss something? Where in the article did it say Moses' injury is serious and will be lost for a long time, and as a result Moses will miss the Algeria game?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

EagleEye wrote:What went wrong for Chelsea?

The Blues looked pedestrian at times and seemed as off-colour as they had done in their 1-0 defeat by Manchester City before the international break.

The champions were without influential midfielder N'Golo Kante and striker Alvaro Morata, and also lost Victor Moses to a suspected hamstring injury in the first half.

But the front three of Michy Batshuayi, Willian and Eden Hazard failed to produce the goods, and although substitutes Pedro, Musonda and Davide Zappacosta piled on the pressure during a decent 15 minute spell in the second half, they could not find the goal they craved.

"We played this game without three important players and that's not straightforward," said Chelsea boss Antonio Conte. "We started very badly and it was a very difficult day. But we need also to understand the situation and to continue to work, to find solutions despite our injuries.

"They are big losses for us but we can only accept the situation and then do our best. I am not happy and my players are not happy."
In line with our policy, please include the source (URL) of all lifted materials.

They deserve proper credit for their Intellectual Property.

Thanks.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Moses will miss the Algeria game as he will be out for up to six weeks: http://www.ayoakinfe.com/?q=node/453
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

iwobi/etebo can replace him
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

smartbrother wrote:iwobi/etebo can replace him

They cannot
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

They cannot
They can
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

smartbrother wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

They cannot
They can
Especially etebo can do the job. He did it in the Olympics
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Etebo can. In a 4/2/3/1. He is no Moses but will get the job done. I predict 2-0 to Nigeria.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

They cannot

They are both central midfielders. I will be looking to the likes of Iheanacho, Bazee and Onyekuru to fill the vacuum. Etebo can step in for Onazi and Iwobi for Mikel!
EagleEye
Egg
Egg

Post by EagleEye »

Source: BBC FOOTBALL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

They cannot

They are both central midfielders. I will be looking to the likes of Iheanacho, Bazee and Onyekuru to fill the vacuum. Etebo can step in for Onazi and Iwobi for Mikel!
We know, and Osaze is a 10...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Moses will miss the Algeria game as he will be out for up to six weeks: http://www.ayoakinfe.com/?q=node/453
Better now than near the tournament.

I watched the game live, and when he pulled up, I didn't skip a beat. I was saddened by it all, but it is not the end of the world. Certainly we don't find ourselves in the same position as we did with Mikel in 2010.

He will get better.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

No biggie...
Owngoal.com reported yesterday that he would be out for an estimated 6 weeks.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

They cannot

ok...we should sit down, place our hands on our heads and proceed to wail and weep profusely, as no Nigerian can play in the absence of Moses.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Obviously I hate he is injured however this might be a blessing in disguise for SE. If Rohr stops being inordinately conservative he can try out Bazee, Onyekuru,Bonaventute and Kalu find out who will be our next Victor Moses. I heartily believe one of these boys given adequate chance can be as good as Victor Moses.
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

get the injury out of the way now and stay fit for world cup
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Seems Conte is starting to realize the consequence of playing in 4 competitions and the number of games unlike last season.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Not only that, he played against the Algerians in the first leg and was noted by the Algerians as Nigeria's most dangerous player in that encounter.
So yes, he can.
osita wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

They cannot
They can
Especially etebo can do the job. He did it in the Olympics
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

barring any injuries and all, Etebo remains one of our most effective midfielders...