Finally, we've found a top goalkeeper

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Finally, we've found a top goalkeeper

Post by Cellular »

Nna, I fear for my pipul o. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was wondering what was making this thread rise like beans.

My pipul tok say any animal way vulture dey hail suppose go tidy im affairs. :|
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

wiseone wrote:You can add Furo Iyenemi and Mobi Oparaku to the list of dodgy call-ups.
Flex Swift wrote: Let’s be honest anybody is better then Daniel Akpeyi this is the only guy I would be very very upset if he made the World Cup squad. It would be on par with the inclusions of pure rubbish such as Reuben, Uchebo, Babatunde and Sola Ameobi to the last World Cup.Players that didn’t play a single quailifer players that brought down the quality of the squad, players that were not better than the players they replaced. But we have a foreign coach now such things won’t happen again Akpeyi won’t make the squad.
Wiseone, you are not allowed to add Iyenemi and Oparaku because "we have a foreign coach"... :oops:
Otherwise, you'd have to add every dodgy call-up made by Bonfrere, Betty, Lagerbeer and Multivitamins.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Flex Swift wrote:Yes no need to argue we have a foreign coach now!!! who doesn’t believe in rewarding wastepipes that didnt contribute to the qualification process. Any player coming in will not be a unknown playing in some obscure league but a player that would add value. You will see for yourself after the World Cup all players taken will get good clubs and be playing at a high level after the competition.The days of taking money to play for 9ja are over while we have a foreign coach. But feel free to keep on listing your ten points.
Hammer time? :lol:

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cellular wrote:Nna, I fear for my pipul o. :shock: :shock: :shock:

My pipul tok say any animal way vulture dey hail suppose go tidy im affair
s. :|

:rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Gotti wrote:
wiseone wrote:You can add Furo Iyenemi and Mobi Oparaku to the list of dodgy call-ups.
Flex Swift wrote: Let’s be honest anybody is better then Daniel Akpeyi this is the only guy I would be very very upset if he made the World Cup squad. It would be on par with the inclusions of pure rubbish such as Reuben, Uchebo, Babatunde and Sola Ameobi to the last World Cup.Players that didn’t play a single quailifer players that brought down the quality of the squad, players that were not better than the players they replaced. But we have a foreign coach now such things won’t happen again Akpeyi won’t make the squad.
Wiseone, you are not allowed to add Iyenemi and Oparaku because "we have a foreign coach"... :oops:
Otherwise, you'd have to add every dodgy call-up made by Bonfrere, Betty, Lagerbeer and Multivitamins.
:lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Yes no need to argue we have a foreign coach now!!! who doesn’t believe in rewarding wastepipes that didnt contribute to the qualification process. Any player coming in will not be a unknown playing in some obscure league but a player that would add value. You will see for yourself after the World Cup all players taken will get good clubs and be playing at a high level after the competition.The days of taking money to play for 9ja are over while we have a foreign coach. But feel free to keep on listing your ten points.
Hammer time? :lol:

Chei, dat hammer big-o and e heevy too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Here's the highlights of or new found goalie. Deportivo played today and he was in goal. Good for the experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhmutGKS75s

Full match here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEdt4XmfHK8
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Lacks experience, he is on the right track.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

ohenhen1 wrote:Lacks experience, he is on the right track.

Who do we have that is "more experienced?"
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Big lad. Physically imposing. Seems to have the Schmeichel "Starfish Leap" in his repertoire. Could not do much about either goal (one a peno, and the other an opponent clean through on goal). Good luck to the lad. Was worried about the way he flapped at a cross like a bat though.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

wiseone wrote:Big lad. Physically imposing. Seems to have the Schmeichel "Starfish Leap" in his repertoire. Could not do much about either goal (one a peno, and the other an opponent clean through on goal). Good luck to the lad. Was worried about the way he flapped at a cross like a bat though.
You noticed that. He also seems to drop balls a bit. Well too early to judge. I am most curious to see him face real firepower.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

azuka wrote:
wiseone wrote:Big lad. Physically imposing. Seems to have the Schmeichel "Starfish Leap" in his repertoire. Could not do much about either goal (one a peno, and the other an opponent clean through on goal). Good luck to the lad. Was worried about the way he flapped at a cross like a bat though.
You noticed that. He also seems to drop balls a bit. Well too early to judge. I am most curious to see him face real firepower.
Yea that flap for a big tall keeper was rather worrying, the opposition actually got a header but it luckily wasn't on target, also his handling of ball didn't seem clean. But he's a good prospect who has put himself in position to at least fight for a place on the WC team IMO.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I agree with Azuka and Mace. The cross flapping and unclean handling shows he is definitely a work in progress (no 18yo GK can be described as anything pother than a WIP!). A teenager that has played nothing but youth football will have rough edges to his game. Albeit one with a lot of promise. 18yos do not get to go in goal in the top division of any elite European league unless they are seriously good. The only ones who have done that recently in their teens are De Gea, Buffon, Casillas, Donnarumma, Karius. That list says a lot.
maceo4 wrote:
azuka wrote:
Yea that flap for a big tall keeper was rather worrying, the opposition actually got a header but it luckily wasn't on target, also his handling of ball didn't seem clean. But he's a good prospect who has put himself in position to at least fight for a place on the WC team IMO.
Last edited by wiseone on Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Odas wrote:
wiseone wrote:Dang. We went from the days of Enyeama-Etafia-Aiyegnuba-Ikeme, to now begging injured GKs who have been declared persona non grata at their clubs, and pinning our hopes on reserve GKs who cannot get a game for teams in Croatia and the Portugese third division.
Chief, the tin tire me-o! I am yet to understand the reason(s) people are mentioning Enyeama's (EA) name in our goalkeeping discussions. EA has retired and to worsen the matter, he has no club and participated in none of the qualifiers.

We are talking of a person who abandoned the team when the team/nation needed him. At moment, his "house men" and AGENTS are itching for him to use the Super-eagles to pull his career out of the trashcan. In addition, we are also talking of a "well known" trouble maker who will destabilize the team if things doesn't go his way. No please, we DON'T need EA in the team. He has RETIRED.
Really? You need to be an agent to want Enyeama back? Really? Hilarious
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Deportivo La Coruna have sacked coach, Pepe Mel, who gave Francis Uzoho his opportunity. I hope this development does not have an adverse effect on our boy.
I am happy
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Dammy wrote:Deportivo La Coruna have sacked coach, Pepe Mel, who gave Francis Uzoho his opportunity. I hope this development does not have an adverse effect on our boy.
I feared this might happen - especially after the defeat to Girona. Well, I think he's their only fit GK so should play the Copa del Rey game on Thursday. Fingers crossed for a strong performance.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Dammy wrote:Deportivo La Coruna have sacked coach, Pepe Mel, who gave Francis Uzoho his opportunity. I hope this development does not have an adverse effect on our boy.
I feared this might happen - especially after the defeat to Girona. Well, I think he's their only fit GK so should play the Copa del Rey game on Thursday. Fingers crossed for a strong performance.
For me the goalkeeper debate has ended whatever happens. In 2002, Senegal went to the World Cup with Tony Sylva, who at the time was the number two goalkeeper at Monaco.

Sylva was simply the best they had. Beggars cannot be choosers. We are down to the bare bones so have to go with what we have.

Vince has made it clear he does not want to return
Ezenwa is too raw and lacking in coaching
Akpeyi is way out of his league here
Alampasu has been unable to make the breakthrough
We only have one goalkeeper. Francis Uzoho mans goal for Nigetia. End of story!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

There is also Emmanuel Daniel and David Nwokolor, but the latter is no longer starting games.

As it stands Uzoho is the only Nigerian goalie playing in a decent league. Not even decent - the best league in the world.

For that reason alone I could see him become a starter by the World Cup. No other goalie save for Enyeama will have such experience against the best strikers in the world.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
For me the goalkeeper debate has ended whatever happens. In 2002, Senegal went to the World Cup with Tony Sylva, who at the time was the number two goalkeeper at Monaco.

Sylva was simply the best they had. Beggars cannot be choosers. We are down to the bare bones so have to go with what we have.

Once again,you forgot that Tony Sylva had years of international. experience as well as Ligue 1 experience unlike Uzoho. This man, don't you ever learn anything? In WC2002, we all asked for the inclusion of the inexperienced Bartholomew Ogbeche because he was playing for PSG and his career did not recover from the debacle of the WC experience. In 2010, we did the same thing to Lukman Haruna at Monaco with the same disastrous results. This is 2017, common sense will dictate that we err on the path of caution with any young player based on our previous experience except if common sense is not common to all of us. Once bitten, twice shy, twice beaten................
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Once again,you forgot that Tony Sylva had years of international. experience as well as Ligue 1 experience unlike Uzoho. This man, don't you ever learn anything? In WC2002, we all asked for the inclusion of the inexperienced Bartholomew Ogbeche because he was playing for PSG and his career did not recover from the debacle of the WC experience. In 2010, we did the same thing to Lukman Haruna at Monaco with the same disastrous results. This is 2017, common sense will dictate that we err on the path of caution with any young player based on our previous experience except if common sense is not common to all of us. Once bitten, twice shy, twice beaten................
Incoherent nonsense. In both cases, did we have any better players available to us?

We did badly in both tournaments because we had crap coaches! Put Ogbeche or Lukmam in Gernot Rohr or Clemence Westerhoff’s team and watch them thrive!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

metalalloy wrote:
Cellular wrote:Nna, I fear for my pipul o. :shock: :shock: :shock:

My pipul tok say any animal way vulture dey hail suppose go tidy im affair
s. :|
:rotf: :rotf:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :rotf: :rotf: Honestly this is the first time I am hearing this one..
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Cristobal Parralo has been appointed as caretaker manager till the end of the season. This is good news I think as he was the manager for Deportivo Fabril (La Coruna reserve team) in the Spanish 3rd division where Uzoho has been ever present this season.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Incoherent nonsense. In both cases, did we have any better players available to us?

We did badly in both tournaments because we had crap coaches! Put Ogbeche or Lukmam in Gernot Rohr or Clemence Westerhoff’s team and watch them thrive!
So it is also he crap coaches that made heir careers to go down after the WC or are you this daft? Was it a crap coach that affected Friday Onyekwu's career? I remember watching this boy Friday that you hyped because he was undergoing trials wih Perugia, against Paraguay in London and he was so bad he was yanked off before half-time.
I am happy