Finally, we've found a top goalkeeper

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bully12
Egg
Egg
Re: Finally, we've found a top goalkeeper

Post by bully12 »

You all seem to forget as long as conservative Rohr remains the coach the boy may be manning the post in the moon he will not be invited to Super eagles camp soon
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Under normal circumstances Francis Uzoho will start for Nigeria come Russia 2018. My fear, however, is can he keep his place at Deportivo
[2] Knowing Rohr, he will try out this boy out in the game against Algeria
[3] However, up until a few weeks ago, Uzoho was Deportivo's third choice goalkeeper. He now has a few weeks to cement his place
[4] In September, Deportivo got Romanian international Costel Pantilimon on a season-long loan from Watford because of a long term injury to regular Rubén Andrade
[5] Now Rubén Andrade has a hand injury. I wonder what will happen when he returns
[6] Yesterday, Pantilimon was on the bench, meaning Uzoho has displaced him
[7] Up until yesterday, Pantilimon was manning goal for Deportivo in most of their league games
[8] Deportivo's fourth goalkeeper Polish international Przemyslaw Tyton was the one on the bench for Pantilimon up until regularly
[9] It appears to me that Deportivo manager Pepe Mel has lost confidence in both Pantilimon and Tyton and decided to give Uzoho a chance
[10] This bit cannot afford any slip-ups as Deportivo are currently 15th in the Spanish league table and may just be a loss away from a managerial sacking. If Pepe Mel gets sacked, this may be the end of Uzoho as first choice keeper. Also, if he makes a few howlers, he will be sent back to the bench
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

What no one can dispute is that this boy is head and shoulders above Ezenwa:
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:What no one can dispute is that this boy is head and shoulders above Ezenwa:
Come on guys, aren't we jumping the gun too early and putting unnecessary pressure on this lad? It's just his first match so far in the La League, which by all means is no mean fit. But please let's tarry a little and allow him grow in statue and confidence. Russia 2018 might just be too early for him except as a backup goalie.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

azuka wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:What no one can dispute is that this boy is head and shoulders above Ezenwa:
Come on guys, aren't we jumping the gun too early and putting unnecessary pressure on this lad? It's just his first match so far in the La League, which by all means is no mean fit. But please let's tarry a little and allow him grow in statue and confidence. Russia 2018 might just be too early for him except as a backup goalie.
Who do we have that is better?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

azuka wrote:
Since when has that stopped Ayo? He wants half the team going to the wc comprised of players that gave not played for the SE and players just beginning their club career and he expects them to do well against seasoned killers. :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Under normal circumstances Francis Uzoho will start for Nigeria come Russia 2018. My fear, however, is can he keep his place at Deportivo
[2] Knowing Rohr, he will try out this boy out in the game against Algeria
[3] However, up until a few weeks ago, Uzoho was Deportivo's third choice goalkeeper. He now has a few weeks to cement his place
[4] In September, Deportivo got Romanian international Costel Pantilimon on a season-long loan from Watford because of a long term injury to regular Rubén Andrade
[5] Now Rubén Andrade has a hand injury. I wonder what will happen when he returns
[6] Yesterday, Pantilimon was on the bench, meaning Uzoho has displaced him
[7] Up until yesterday, Pantilimon was manning goal for Deportivo in most of their league games
[8] Deportivo's fourth goalkeeper Polish international Przemyslaw Tyton was the one on the bench for Pantilimon up until regularly
[9] It appears to me that Deportivo manager Pepe Mel has lost confidence in both Pantilimon and Tyton and decided to give Uzoho a chance
[10] This bit cannot afford any slip-ups as Deportivo are currently 15th in the Spanish league table and may just be a loss away from a managerial sacking. If Pepe Mel gets sacked, this may be the end of Uzoho as first choice keeper. Also, if he makes a few howlers, he will be sent back to the bench
It appears all this is feelings and guess work. Nothing new here
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Here we go again.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

truetalk wrote:
Here we go again.
Ignore HM. The only good thing is we are the only one subjected to his meaningless suggestions
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

bully12 wrote:You all seem to forget as long as conservative Rohr remains the coach the boy may be manning the post in the moon he will not be invited to Super eagles camp soon
Rohr talks conservative, mainly as a team management strategy. I knew Akpeyi would not start vs Zambia, even as he maintained Akpeyi was his number 1. He started a very young team vs. South Africa. The likes of Omeruo, Success, Kayode and maybe Olanare have been invited, seen and it seems discarded for now, at least.

He will invite Uzoho, & I hope the 2 more very solid GK prospects that we have.

Meanwhile, Uncle Bambully, don't you owe me money from the Cameroon games?
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
azuka wrote:
Habah Ayo after just 1 La Liga game against Eibar for that matter? Let's wait and see hopefully when he plays against Barca, or Real Madrid then we can actually judge. But for now please stop the unnecessary pressure on the young lad. Allow him to concentrate and consolidate his position in the team.
No wonder Leeds is languishing in division no name.
And by the way how many of us watched him play against Eibar? I didn't but now i know he's in the team will be looking forward to his next game.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Obong Itatex just spat out his drink and screamed in pain and anguish. :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

azuka wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
azuka wrote:
Habah Ayo after just 1 La Liga game against Eibar for that matter? Let's wait and see hopefully when he plays against Barca, or Real Madrid then we can actually judge. But for now please stop the unnecessary pressure on the young lad. Allow him to concentrate and consolidate his position in the team.
No wonder Leeds is languishing in division no name.
And by the way how many of us watched him play against Eibar? I didn't but now i know he's in the team will be looking forward to his next game.

What pressure? You think the boy wastes his time on Cybereagles? :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Some of you are just unbelievable. We do not have a goalkeeper and all of a sudden we have one in La Liga and there is even a debate?

Apart from a fit again Vincent Enyeama and Carl Ikeme, who else can we field? Am I missing something here?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

When is our next friendly?. I don't know about "found top goalkeeper"

The hyping on CE lol.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: true to form..

Good for him. He def should be monitored and into the fray with the rest of the goal keepers
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Some of you are just unbelievable. We do not have a goalkeeper and all of a sudden we have one in La Liga and there is even a debate?

Apart from a fit again Vincent Enyeama and Carl Ikeme, who else can we field? Am I missing something here?
Yes you are.

In addition to Uzoho, there are 2 young Nigerian keepers with Rijeka. They are in the Europa Cup this season.

On the home front. In addition to Ezenwa, we can talk of Femi Thomas and maybe a couple more.

Ezenwa has started against 2 of the top teams in Africa and only conceded a penalty. He has not done badly for the Eagles, and has been calm under the bright lights.

I'm sure you were one of those hyping Alampasu, when there were more solid prospects that had not been spotlighted. That was when you should have made noise about Uzoho & the rest of them.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

he has good technique, good positioning. One to monitor. Invite him to camp.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

truetalk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Some of you are just unbelievable. We do not have a goalkeeper and all of a sudden we have one in La Liga and there is even a debate?

Yes you are.

In addition to Uzoho, there are 2 young Nigerian keepers with Rijeka. They are in the Europa Cup this season.

On the home front. In addition to Ezenwa, we can talk of Femi Thomas and maybe a couple more.

Ezenwa has started against 2 of the top teams in Africa and only conceded a penalty. He has not done badly for the Eagles, and has been calm under the bright lights.

I'm sure you were one of those hyping Alampasu, when there were more solid prospects that had not been spotlighted. That was when you should have made noise about Uzoho & the rest of them.
Ezenwa is not the solution. He is a good backup.

Goalkeepers usually don't develop quickly. Alampasu can still come good. Enyeama struggled early in GWG, we all remember the errors.

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

truetalk wrote:

Yes you are.

I need someone like Vince Enyeama to give you a call. He jokes non-stop about the lack of coaching on Nigeria.

About 10 years ago I went with him to Charlton where he says he learnt a lot more in a week there then he did with Enyimna for five years. If we have a goalkeeper in La Liga, he starts. Period!

Your argument would only hold if say we had a goalkeeper performing in another major league. I just hope this boy comes through and follows in the footsteps of Sangoo and Rufai at Deportivo.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

truetalk wrote:

Yes you are.

There's a bucket of evidence from both games to show he is not a GK for the high level.

Only saw Uzoho from the last game. Its a good development and one to keep an eye on...

But I agree with u, its not enough to anoint him as Ayo has already done.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

How did let that final ball in the clip get past him. :tic: Ondoa or Ezenwa would have saved that.

We have to be careful with the hype.
Last edited by Robotnik on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Is that Ghanaian # 16 also a goal keeper?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg