Finally, we've found a top goalkeeper

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Finally, we've found a top goalkeeper

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

ikemba_nacho wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Dammy, no point going round in incoherent circles with you. Watch Rohr rebuild this team for the World Cup!
I am willing to bet with you that the core of Rohr's WC squad is ready and barring injury or loss of form, the following players will be in Russia next year, Ezenwa, Shehu, Echiejile, Onazi, Troost-Ekong, Balogun, Moses Simon, Victor Moses, Mikel, Ighalo, Ndidi, Etebo, Ola Aina, Iheanacho, Iwobi and Awaziem. That is 16 players, leaving 7 spots up for grabs. The jury is out on Agu, Ogu, Onyekuru, Nwakaeme, Ahmed Musa, Uche Agbo, Akpeyi, Omeruo, Success, Esiti, Kayode and Ebuehi. The likely additions to the squad based on form and Fitness are Vincent Enyeama, Joel Obi, and Noah Sarenren-Bazee. Also in with a bright chance is Stanley Amuzie, his form at Lugano will determine if he will make the WC squad in a position where the SE desperately need cover. The likely gatecrashers are Uzoho, Orji Okonkwo, Sadiq (now that he is playing regularly for Torino), Uduokhai (if he opts to rep Nigeria) and Osimhen. I do not see anyone outside of these players making the WC squad.

:agree: :agree: :agree: Spot on, I might go as far as to say that the spot left maybe 4 or less, despite his squad role, I find it hard to believe that Ahmed Musa's spot is up for grabs, the same for Agu and Ogu.

Its shame that we have found something that seems to be working well for us and people are advocating for wholesale changes. Now I see how the NFF made those decisions in days past, if the forum is anything go by.

Chei, my people think they have arrived just because they beat a group of part-plantain farmers, part-sumo wrestlers. This is naïveté beyond belief.

It reminds me of how our grandparents thought they had “read it all” after passing their Standard Six exam and leaving primary school. Come Russia 2018, you will find that the likes of Germany, Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Italy, France, etc are not as benevolent and generous as our plantain brothers, brethren from the desert and our copper miners.

Anyway, Rohr knows better so will not be carried away. Do you know how many chances we have Algeria in Uyo? Against Germany, that match would have been over by half time.

Go and watch the Cameroon game in Uyo again. They had 52% possession!

Finally, go and see how we struggled to break Zambia down in Uyo. Now please tell me how that team will score against the Meinschafft.