Finally, we've found a top goalkeeper

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Finally, we've found a top goalkeeper

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Robotnik wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:What no one can dispute is that this boy is head and shoulders above Ezenwa:
How did let that final ball in the clip get past him. :tic: Ondoa or Ezenwa would have saved that.

We have to be careful with the hype.

Ha ha ha ha. CE is a wonderful place. It is only here that a goalkeeper in the Nigerian league will get the nod over one playing on La Liga!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

truetalk wrote:Yes you are.

In addition to Uzoho, there are 2 young Nigerian keepers with Rijeka. They are in the Europa Cup this season.

On the home front. In addition to Ezenwa, we can talk of Femi Thomas and maybe a couple more.

Ezenwa has started against 2 of the top teams in Africa and only conceded a penalty. He has not done badly for the Eagles, and has been calm under the bright lights.

I'm sure you were one of those hyping Alampasu, when there were more solid prospects that had not been spotlighted. That was when you should have made noise about Uzoho & the rest of them.
But neither of them are seeing any action this season - and I had high hopes for Nwokolor...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Under normal circumstances Francis Uzoho will start for Nigeria come Russia 2018. My fear, however, is can he keep his place at Deportivo
[2] Knowing Rohr, he will try out this boy out in the game against Algeria
[3] However, up until a few weeks ago, Uzoho was Deportivo's third choice goalkeeper. He now has a few weeks to cement his place
[4] In September, Deportivo got Romanian international Costel Pantilimon on a season-long loan from Watford because of a long term injury to regular Rubén Andrade
[5] Now Rubén Andrade has a hand injury. I wonder what will happen when he returns
[6] Yesterday, Pantilimon was on the bench, meaning Uzoho has displaced him
[7] Up until yesterday, Pantilimon was manning goal for Deportivo in most of their league games
[8] Deportivo's fourth goalkeeper Polish international Przemyslaw Tyton was the one on the bench for Pantilimon up until regularly
[9] It appears to me that Deportivo manager Pepe Mel has lost confidence in both Pantilimon and Tyton and decided to give Uzoho a chance
[10] This bit cannot afford any slip-ups as Deportivo are currently 15th in the Spanish league table and may just be a loss away from a managerial sacking. If Pepe Mel gets sacked, this may be the end of Uzoho as first choice keeper. Also, if he makes a few howlers, he will be sent back to the bench
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:What no one can dispute is that this boy is head and shoulders above Ezenwa:
He may ultimately be the better goalie but nothing in that clip indicates or even mildly suggests he's better than Ezenwa. He made a bunch of routine saves. The only thing tickling your fancy is the fact that he's playing for Depor.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

(1) England have Joe Harte
(2) France has Hugo Lorris
(3) Germany has Manuel Neur
(4) Belgium has Thibaut Courtois
(5) Spain has David de Gea
(6) Portugal has Rui Patrício
(7) Egypt has Essam El-Hadary
(8) Argentina has Sergio Romero
(9) Brazil has Ederson
(10) Nigeria has Francis Uzoho

Period!

Ironically, neither Ederson or Romero see regular club action with Manchester City but they remain number one thanks to the fact that they play with a top team in a major league with excellent training. I cannot believe that we are even debating this!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Ha ha ha.
But Enyeama got the nod over Shorumu in a WC game did he not?
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
How did let that final ball in the clip get past him. :tic: Ondoa or Ezenwa would have saved that.

We have to be careful with the hype.

Ha ha ha ha. CE is a wonderful place. It is only here that a goalkeeper in the Nigerian league will get the nod over one playing on La Liga!
Last edited by Otitokoro on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Current ranking of our goal keepers
Enyeama
Ikeme
Uzoho
Ezenwa
Alampasu
Agbim
Akpeyi

uumm
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

why must we always beleive in a player because of his foreign exploits?

Ezenwa is good, with uzoho in the mix i believe we don't need enyeama
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

10 reasons why Ikechukwu Ezenwa cannot be our number one at the World Cup:

(1) Yes he is highly talented but does not have the technical expertise to cope at the highest level
(2) Like all goalkeepers in the Nigerian league, he has not been coached on tactical matters
(3) I once went to Charlton Athletic with Vince Enyeama and in a week he learnt more than he had done with Enyimba for five years
(4) Ezenwa has not been coached on decision making
(5) Ezenwa has not had sweeping lessons
(6) Ezenwa has not been taught how to place his hands for set pieces. Vince was shocked when told how important thus was
(7) Ezenwa has not been given tutorials on wall building
(8) See that penalty Ezenwa gave away against Cameroon, at the World Cup, strikers will target him, looking for fouls
(9) Can you just imagine how the likes of Aguero and Higuain will repeatedly collide with Ezenwa and go down every time looking for penalties? They will get at least one or two
(10) We have a well trained goalkeeper so he starts! Ezenwa will move to Europe soon. Of they I am certain as he is so talented. When he gets his training, he will be in contention for the number one shirt
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

osita wrote:why must we always beleive in a player because of his foreign exploits?

Ezenwa is good, with uzoho in the mix i believe we don't need enyeama
You see am too? Enyeama was a local product before he went abroad. In fact our top keepers earned their stripes from the local league before national team exposed them to foreign clubs.
This guy has not faced the top teams in LaLiga and we are already crowning him.

Ezenwa might just need that foreign exposure to take his confidence another level.
I'm not choosing who is better right now until I see more of him
Last edited by pajimoh on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:(1) England have Joe Harte
(8) Argentina has Sergio Romero(Starter in Argentine Primera,Eredivisie, Seria A. Been in top division since 2006.)
(9) Brazil has Ederson(Was starter for Benfica and starts for City, been a top division keeper since 2011,
aged 24 too
)

Period!

Ironically, neither Ederson or Romero see regular club action with Manchester City but they remain number one thanks to the fact that they play with a top team in a major league with excellent training. I cannot believe that we are even debating this!
Try to modulate your coronation of this young man. He should be called up , no doubt, but he needs to play consistently at Deportivo, perform too and best of all beat those in camp when called to earn the shirt.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

asabatex wrote:Current ranking of our goal keepers
Enyeama
Ikeme
Uzoho
Ezenwa
Alampasu
Agbim
Akpeyi

uumm

Enyeama
Ikeme
Ezenwa
Akpeyi
Afelokai
Femi Thomas

Don't have enough data to rank Ajiboye, Alampasu, Nwokolor and Uzoho.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:(1) England have Joe Harte
(8) Argentina has Sergio Romero
(9) Brazil has Ederson

Period!

Ayo he may one day rank among the best of these goalies you listed here. But today he's not based on just 1 La Liga game. He's just a bag of potential. You are drawing the wrong conclusions based on his performance against a team a step below his in the 16th position of the La Liga. A team that has only score 3 goals in 8 matches, the joint lowest currently. You just taking this too far Ayo.
Wait till he has played against Real Sociedad for instance who though seating in the 8th position of La Liga is the 2nd highest scoring team so far in La Liga, or Valencia the joint 3rd best or even Real Betis the 4th highest scoring team so far in the La Liga.
I pray his coach selects him to play in these matches and he uses these to cement his position as his team's undisputed #1.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Enyeama
Ikeme
Uzoho
Ezenwa
Alampasu
Agbim
Akpeyi

uumm

Enyeama
Ikeme
Ezenwa
Akpeyi
Afelokai
Femi Thomas

Enyeama cannot B first if he's hardly faced shots from a competitive match in a few months.
Please lets not crown based on past form. We need current form
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

At this rate Ayo will remove players from the plane on the day of departure to Russia because another foreign player was discovered after 30 minutes training
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

pajimoh wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enyeama
Ikeme
Uzoho
Ezenwa
Alampasu
Agbim
Akpeyi

uumm

Enyeama
Ikeme
Ezenwa
Akpeyi
Afelokai
Femi Thomas

Enyeama cannot B first if he's hardly faced shots from a competitive match in a few months.
He will be back before the start of the world cup. Neur is also injured. Is he is still not in the plans of the German coach?

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ohenhen1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enyeama
Ikeme
Uzoho
Ezenwa
Alampasu
Agbim
Akpeyi

uumm

Enyeama
Ikeme
Ezenwa
Akpeyi
Afelokai
Femi Thomas

He will be back before the start of the world cup. Neur is also injured. Is he is still not in the plans of the German coach?
When he comes back then we can talk but as of today, no. The wc squad, if selected today, Enyeama cannot be top. You're predicting he'll be back, optimism at best.

Stick to now and we'll review if and when he does decide to come back

I can't speak for the German coach but I also know Neur has not retired
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

After 90 minutes vs Eibar? When Depor collect 7 from Barca, the same people crowning him king will be calling him Francis Uzeless. Goalkeeper is a perilous position, the slightest error is almost always fatal. Frankie Fingers has got himself into the hot seat, rather than hurry to hail him Gordon Ejikemoh Banks, let his progress be followed and well wishes extended on social media outlets. The young man will know Nigeria is behind him, cheering him along and ready to cast stone and even boulder at the first mistake. Gerroff!
Last edited by Coach on Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Coach wrote:After 90 minutes vs Eibar? When Depor collect 7 from Barca, the same people crowning him king will be calling him Francis Uzeless. Goalkeeper is a perilous position, the slightest error I'd almost always fatal. Frankie Fingers has got himself into the hot seat, rather than hurry to hail him Gordon Ejikemoh Banks, let his progress be followed and well wishes extended on social media outlets. The young man will know Nigeria is behind him, cheering him along and ready to cast stone and even boulder at the first mistake. Gerroff!
Chopping 7 goals vs Barcelona is akin to keeping a clean sheet in the NPL. Ask 1naija. He told me.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

pajimoh wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enyeama
Ikeme
Uzoho
Ezenwa
Alampasu
Agbim
Akpeyi

uumm

Enyeama
Ikeme
Ezenwa
Akpeyi
Afelokai
Femi Thomas

When he comes back then we can talk but as of today, no. The wc squad, if selected today, Enyeama cannot be top. You're predicting he'll be back, optimism at best.

I am thinking about the present, and the future.

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I am sure Getnot Rohr is going to sleep a lot better tonight. This is a great weight lifted off his shoulders!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Coach wrote:After 90 minutes vs Eibar? When Depor collect 7 from Barca, the same people crowning him king will be calling him Francis Uzeless. Goalkeeper is a perilous position, the slightest error I'd almost always fatal. Frankie Fingers has got himself into the hot seat, rather than hurry to hail him Gordon Ejikemoh Banks, let his progress be followed and well wishes extended on social media outlets. The young man will know Nigeria is behind him, cheering him along and ready to cast stone and even boulder at the first mistake. Gerroff!

Stoke City chopped seven from Man City yesterday. Does that make Bergovic a bad goalkeeper? Should Bosnia drop him as a result?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ohenhen1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enyeama
Ikeme
Uzoho
Ezenwa
Alampasu
Agbim
Akpeyi

uumm

Enyeama
Ikeme
Ezenwa
Akpeyi
Afelokai
Femi Thomas

I am thinking about the present, and the future.
If thinking about the present this is what you come up with then you're not thinking or incapable of thinking. Even Enyeama knows currently he would not have been able to help Nigeria qualify, talk less of making him current numero uno