Finally, we've found a top goalkeeper

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Finally, we've found a top goalkeeper

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Dammy wrote:Deportivo La Coruna have sacked coach, Pepe Mel, who gave Francis Uzoho his opportunity. I hope this development does not have an adverse effect on our boy.
I feared this might happen - especially after the defeat to Girona. Well, I think he's their only fit GK so should play the Copa del Rey game on Thursday. Fingers crossed for a strong performance.
For me the goalkeeper debate has ended whatever happens. In 2002, Senegal went to the World Cup with Tony Sylva, who at the time was the number two goalkeeper at Monaco.

Sylva was simply the best they had. Beggars cannot be choosers. We are down to the bare bones so have to go with what we have.

Vince has made it clear he does not want to return
Ezenwa is too raw and lacking in coaching
Akpeyi is way out of his league here
Alampasu has been unable to make the breakthrough
We only have one goalkeeper. Francis Uzoho mans goal for Nigetia. End of story!
Once again,you forgot that Tony Sylva had years of international. experience as well as Ligue 1 experience unlike Uzoho. This man, don't you ever learn anything? In WC2002, we all asked for the inclusion of the inexperienced Bartholomew Ogbeche because he was playing for PSG and his career did not recover from the debacle of the WC experience. In 2010, we did the same thing to Lukman Haruna at Monaco with the same disastrous results. This is 2017, common sense will dictate that we err on the path of caution with any young player based on our previous experience except if common sense is not common to all of us. Once bitten, twice shy, twice beaten................
Incoherent nonsense. In both cases, did we have any better players available to us?

We did badly in both tournaments because we had crap coaches! Put Ogbeche or Lukmam in Gernot Rohr or Clemence Westerhoff’s team and watch them thrive!
So it is also he crap coaches that made heir careers to go down after the WC or are you this daft? Was it a crap coach that affected Friday Onyekwu's career? I remember watching this boy Friday that you hyped because he was undergoing trials wih Perugia, against Paraguay in London and he was so bad he was yanked off before half-time.
Please name the better players we had available than Ogbeche and Lukman Haruna at the time. I want to know who would have come in and done better than them.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
wiseone wrote:Dang. We went from the days of Enyeama-Etafia-Aiyegnuba-Ikeme, to now begging injured GKs who have been declared persona non grata at their clubs, and pinning our hopes on reserve GKs who cannot get a game for teams in Croatia and the Portugese third division.
Chief, the tin tire me-o! I am yet to understand the reason(s) people are mentioning Enyeama's (EA) name in our goalkeeping discussions. EA has retired and to worsen the matter, he has no club and participated in none of the qualifiers.

We are talking of a person who abandoned the team when the team/nation needed him. At moment, his "house men" and AGENTS are itching for him to use the Super-eagles to pull his career out of the trashcan. In addition, we are also talking of a "well known" trouble maker who will destabilize the team if things doesn't go his way. No please, we DON'T need EA in the team. He has RETIRED.
Really? You need to be an agent to want Enyeama back? Really? Hilarious
We DON'T NEED Enyeama - that is certain. He is retired!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Odas wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
wiseone wrote:Dang. We went from the days of Enyeama-Etafia-Aiyegnuba-Ikeme, to now begging injured GKs who have been declared persona non grata at their clubs, and pinning our hopes on reserve GKs who cannot get a game for teams in Croatia and the Portugese third division.
Chief, the tin tire me-o! I am yet to understand the reason(s) people are mentioning Enyeama's (EA) name in our goalkeeping discussions. EA has retired and to worsen the matter, he has no club and participated in none of the qualifiers.

We are talking of a person who abandoned the team when the team/nation needed him. At moment, his "house men" and AGENTS are itching for him to use the Super-eagles to pull his career out of the trashcan. In addition, we are also talking of a "well known" trouble maker who will destabilize the team if things doesn't go his way. No please, we DON'T need EA in the team. He has RETIRED.
That is your opinion. Doesn't make anyone who disagrees an agent.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Dammy wrote:Deportivo La Coruna have sacked coach, Pepe Mel, who gave Francis Uzoho his opportunity. I hope this development does not have an adverse effect on our boy.
I feared this might happen - especially after the defeat to Girona. Well, I think he's their only fit GK so should play the Copa del Rey game on Thursday. Fingers crossed for a strong performance.
For me the goalkeeper debate has ended whatever happens. In 2002, Senegal went to the World Cup with Tony Sylva, who at the time was the number two goalkeeper at Monaco.

Sylva was simply the best they had. Beggars cannot be choosers. We are down to the bare bones so have to go with what we have.

Once again,you forgot that Tony Sylva had years of international. experience as well as Ligue 1 experience unlike Uzoho. This man, don't you ever learn anything? In WC2002, we all asked for the inclusion of the inexperienced Bartholomew Ogbeche because he was playing for PSG and his career did not recover from the debacle of the WC experience. In 2010, we did the same thing to Lukman Haruna at Monaco with the same disastrous results. This is 2017, common sense will dictate that we err on the path of caution with any young player based on our previous experience except if common sense is not common to all of us. Once bitten, twice shy, twice beaten................
Incoherent nonsense. In both cases, did we have any better players available to us?

We did badly in both tournaments because we had crap coaches! Put Ogbeche or Lukmam in Gernot Rohr or Clemence Westerhoff’s team and watch them thrive!
So it is also he crap coaches that made heir careers to go down after the WC or are you this daft? Was it a crap coach that affected Friday Onyekwu's career? I remember watching this boy Friday that you hyped because he was undergoing trials wih Perugia, against Paraguay in London and he was so bad he was yanked off before half-time.
Please name the better players we had available than Ogbeche and Lukman Haruna at the time. I want to know who would have come in and done better than them.
in 2002, we had Yakubu Aiyegbeni and Victor Agali, who were far better than Ogbeche and in 2010, we had Seyi Olofinjana, who was better than Lukman.
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:

Once again,you forgot that Tony Sylva had years of international. experience as well as Ligue 1 experience unlike Uzoho. This man, don't you ever learn anything? In WC2002, we all asked for the inclusion of the inexperienced Bartholomew Ogbeche because he was playing for PSG and his career did not recover from the debacle of the WC experience. In 2010, we did the same thing to Lukman Haruna at Monaco with the same disastrous results. This is 2017, common sense will dictate that we err on the path of caution with any young player based on our previous experience except if common sense is not common to all of us. Once bitten, twice shy, twice beaten................[/quote]

We did badly in both tournaments because we had crap coaches! Put Ogbeche or Lukmam in Gernot Rohr or Clemence Westerhoff’s team and watch them thrive![/quote]
So it is also he crap coaches that made heir careers to go down after the WC or are you this daft? Was it a crap coach that affected Friday Onyekwu's career? I remember watching this boy Friday that you hyped because he was undergoing trials wih Perugia, against Paraguay in London and he was so bad he was yanked off before half-time.[/quote]

Please name the better players we had available than Ogbeche and Lukman Haruna at the time. I want to know who would have come in and done better than them.[/quote]
in 2002, we had Yakubu Aiyegbeni and Victor Agali, who were far better than Ogbeche and in 2010, we had Seyi Olofinjana, who was better than Lukman.[/quote]

Just your opinion. Like everything else, in life opinions are like backsides. Everyone has one!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

:agree:
You can keep recycling the same ol', or you can make a conscientious effort to groom for the future.
Between Ezenwa, Akpeyi, Alampasu, Daniel and Uzoho, I believe we should be okay.

Pinning ones hope on a 'has been' who is not only in injury recoverymode, but also has yet to play a competitive game all season long is not only unwise, but will end up jeopardizing the camaraderie that has been built by these youngsters and will breed discord. Most especially, when the actor in question is not only arrogant, but conceited and feels he is doing the nation a favor.
Odas wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:

We did badly in both tournaments because we had crap coaches! Put Ogbeche or Lukmam in Gernot Rohr or Clemence Westerhoff’s team and watch them thrive![/quote]
So it is also he crap coaches that made heir careers to go down after the WC or are you this daft? Was it a crap coach that affected Friday Onyekwu's career? I remember watching this boy Friday that you hyped because he was undergoing trials wih Perugia, against Paraguay in London and he was so bad he was yanked off before half-time.[/quote]

Please name the better players we had available than Ogbeche and Lukman Haruna at the time. I want to know who would have come in and done better than them.[/quote]
in 2002, we had Yakubu Aiyegbeni and Victor Agali, who were far better than Ogbeche and in 2010, we had Seyi Olofinjana, who was better than Lukman.[/quote]

Just your opinion. Like everything else, in life opinions are like backsides. Everyone has one![/quote]
Dat all you gat to say? You cannot even dispute my answers to your questions because they are spot on!
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy, no point going round in incoherent circles with you. Watch Rohr rebuild this team for the World Cup!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Uzoho not in the squad for tonight's game.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The YeyeMan wrote:Uzoho not in the squad for tonight's game.
The African is always the easiest to be scapegoated
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:
Na Copa Del Rey.

Good thing is that they are already down by two goals. Its important for those of you who has one or two Babas in your family to contact your Baba now to demand a 5-6 goals concession. Me, as a christian, we dont have Baba in our family.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Na Copa Del Rey.

Good thing is that they are already down by two goals. Its important for those of you who has one or two Babas in your family to contact your Baba now to demand a 5-6 goals concession. Me, as a christian, we dont have Baba in our family.
Exactly.

Uzoho is obviously first choice now, hence the other guys are playing Copa del Rey.

And looking at the goals that Tyton conceeded - Uzoho is under no threat. Especially the first goal. But the second goal showed absolutely no communication between the goalie and defence.

[/video]

[/video]
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Dem don chop 4. Uzoho should be safe.
I am happy
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Dammy wrote:Dem don chop 4. Uzoho should be safe.
Fingers crossed. They have former Man City keeper Pantillimon on the bench so if Uzoho can regain his place then he should look to cement his place in the starting xi.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

According to owngoal (hmmm) the new caretaker coach was the one that brought him to the youth team and recommended him to the senior team. So hopefully that bodes well for his continued run with the first team. (http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/26/ne ... umber-one/)
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

[/video]

Uzoho's replacement chops 4 goals in today's cup game.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Only 4!!!! Which kind Baba una get for house?? One job! e no fit do! Is it too much to ask for 6?? :roll: :-x
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:According to owngoal (hmmm) the new caretaker coach was the one that brought him to the youth team and recommended him to the senior team. So hopefully that bodes well for his continued run with the first team. (http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/26/ne ... umber-one/)
oh! dem don comot the old coach. Caretaker too, chop 4? That one no go last o! Oya, back to una Babas.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Uzoho will man goal until the end of the season. Then he will man goal throughout the World Cup!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Interesting that the great Rufai played for Depor too. Uzoho will be tested on Mon vs Las Palmas
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Mr Shows wrote:[/video]

Uzoho's replacement chops 4 goals in today's cup game.
Although the goalie was clearly to blame only for goal no 1, I think Tyton was very poor on goals 2 and 4 as well.

And Tyton is Poland's no 3 goalie and a likely candidate for the World Cup. If such a goalie loses out to Uzoho, but is good enough for the no5 ranked team in the world, then we would be stupid not to take Uzoho to the world cup.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Uzoho hyping is getting out of hand. His performance at his club just gets him an invitation to camp, doesn't guarantee a world cup spot. If we can get Enyeama to come back, the ideal thing is to have him as the third choice GK. Bring him in to understudy Enyeama. In the perfect scenario he should be playing with the U20 and U23 teams.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

No one is saying he should start, but if he continues on his trajectory and ousts Poland's no 3 from the Deportivo starting line up than he's obviously good enough to be at least Nigeria's no 3.