Finally, we've found a top goalkeeper

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Finally, we've found a top goalkeeper

Post by truetalk »

txj wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Some of you are just unbelievable. We do not have a goalkeeper and all of a sudden we have one in La Liga and there is even a debate?

Apart from a fit again Vincent Enyeama and Carl Ikeme, who else can we field? Am I missing something here?
Yes you are.

In addition to Uzoho, there are 2 young Nigerian keepers with Rijeka. They are in the Europa Cup this season.

On the home front. In addition to Ezenwa, we can talk of Femi Thomas and maybe a couple more.

Ezenwa has started against 2 of the top teams in Africa and only conceded a penalty. He has not done badly for the Eagles, and has been calm under the bright lights.

I'm sure you were one of those hyping Alampasu, when there were more solid prospects that had not been spotlighted. That was when you should have made noise about Uzoho & the rest of them.

There's a bucket of evidence from both games to show he is not a GK for the high level.

Only saw Uzoho from the last game. Its a good development and one to keep an eye on...

But I agree with u, its not enough to anoint him as Ayo has already done.
I fully agree with you, and I have said as much in another thread. I have also been calling for the invitation of Nwolokor and Uzoho over Akpeyi and Alampasu. However Ayo cannot get an itch over a Youtube video and anoint a kid he has never spoken about before today as the SE starter.

If they are in camp and Uzoho wins the starting shirt, great. I have been hoping that we get an 18-23 year old emerge as the SE starter for some time. Afterall Rufai and Enyeama were barely out of their teens when they started for the SE.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=283259&p=5099123&hi ... a#p5099123

Ezenwa - Should be no better than a no. 3 with or without Ikeme and Enyeama. Makes about goal causing level error per game (mishandled easy cross vs. Cameroon at home, conceded an unnecessary penalty vs Cameroon away, did the same vs Ghana in WAFU that was not awarded). I like his confidence and demeanor, but that can only take you so far.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

ohenhen1 wrote:uzoho is one for the future, but not for the World cup that starts in about 7 months. To ask a 19 year old to start at the world stage against world class competition with little experience is asking too much. i would have been okay with it if Uzoho was part of the qualification process, played several games for Nigeria. Sunday Oliseh played several games before featuring at the world cup in 94. He has one game at senior level for his club. He has zero games for Nigeria. If you rush him, you risk damaging his confidence. Enyeama played several games for Nigeria before featuring at the World cup in 2002.
Not true. Rufai & Enyeama have done it before.

This kid and other prospects must be invited and the best 3 for the job selected. Ezenwa has a headstart for now.

A composed 19 year old can start at the World Cup.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote:uzoho is one for the future, but not for the World cup that starts in about 7 months. To ask a 19 year old to start at the world stage against world class competition with little experience is asking too much. i would have been okay with it if Uzoho was part of the qualification process, played several games for Nigeria. Sunday Oliseh played several games before featuring at the world cup in 94. He has one game at senior level for his club. He has zero games for Nigeria. If you rush him, you risk damaging his confidence. Enyeama played several games for Nigeria before featuring at the World cup in 2002.
Why does he have to start? He should be given a chance to earn a place on the WC team. He's the future, he can be there to gain experience. If Alampasu playing in lower divisions could get a look in, then this boy should also get a chance.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

This is a clear lie. I challenge you to list 5 out of these several games.

I just wonder why and how you guys do this.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Who do we have that is better qualified?
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Too many options springing out left, right, and center..Kai! these is probably the most challenging time to be a SE coach ahead of the world cup.
Not really, he is building a team, not an all star team. Don't expect massive changes. All this new faces will either be on the bench or be in the mix after the world cup.

In your dreams. The team that qualified is nowhere near good enough for the World Cup. Imagine it being drawn in the same group as Germany, Spain and Uruguay. We will return home with zero points.

Are some of you just plain blind? We will not be playing Swaziland, Cameroon, Algeria and Zambia at the World Cup!
I agree with you. The team Vs Zambia would not go past the first round. We are 4 players away from a quality first 11. We need immediate replacements for Ighalo, Simon, Shehu, Elderson and Ezenwa.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...good, but until he faces top 4 side (Barca, R. Madrid, Athletico) of his league who are equivalent to a world team na then we go know how good.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:Obong Itatex just spat out his drink and screamed in pain and anguish. :lol: :lol:
Kai, Obong! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Obong Itatex just spat out his drink and screamed in pain and anguish. :lol: :lol:
See these ones, working with Enyeama can only help this kid get better, so diafore we need Vincent back ASAP! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He's won a start in the next game Oct 23 vs Eibar which should be a better test.

The good thing is the team seems to believe he has serious upsides. He has till next summer to get used to playing in La Liga if he does well.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com ... 2IQeDwOHYQ
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

If this boy has any sense he'd stay away from SE until after the wc. Nigerians are very irrational people. The same people that are calling for him to be invited will be the same to crucify him when he make his first mistake. Stay in Spain and don't even think if SE until after the wc when Vince and Ikeme would be retired. Pls, do not listen ti these people.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

asabatex wrote:Current ranking of our goal keepers
Enyeama
Ikeme
Uzoho
Ezenwa
Alampasu
Agbim
Akpeyi

uumm
Oooh, no! Current ranking and you have Enyeama on top? For what? What has he done lately? Besides, is Enyeama not retired from the national team? Please give me a break!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

osita wrote:why must we always beleive in a player because of his foreign exploits?

Ezenwa is good, with uzoho in the mix i believe we don't need enyeama
KPAM! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

doctorollie wrote:God has answered our prayers! Just hand over the No 1 jersey to Frank! At least until Carl Ikeme returns! Starting in La Liga is no joke folks and for Deportivo for that matter!

Bros, Uzoho is not news to Rohr. BTW, he has been mentioned severally in the Naija sports papers and by the often derided owngoal.com.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
See these ones, working with Enyeama can only help this kid get better, so diafore we need Vincent back ASAP! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
... working with Enyeama is better than working with the coaches? Okay-o! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

It will definitely be good to have him in camp to compete but to be sure nothing in those highlights indicates that he is even better than Ezenwa, except that he was playing for a European club. However, I must say that his height, like Alampasu, is intriguing and important going forward.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Comes in, looks around, runs away.

<
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pajimoh wrote:At this rate Ayo will remove players from the plane on the day of departure to Russia because another foreign player was discovered after 30 minutes training
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:10 reasons why Ikechukwu Ezenwa cannot be our number one at the World Cup:

(1) Yes he is highly talented but does not have the technical expertise to cope at the highest level
(2) Like all goalkeepers in the Nigerian league, he has not been coached on tactical matters
(3) I once went to Charlton Athletic with Vince Enyeama and in a week he learnt more than he had done with Enyimba for five years
(4) Ezenwa has not been coached on decision making
(5) Ezenwa has not had sweeping lessons
(6) Ezenwa has not been taught how to place his hands for set pieces. Vince was shocked when told how important thus was
(7) Ezenwa has not been given tutorials on wall building
(8) See that penalty Ezenwa gave away against Cameroon, at the World Cup, strikers will target him, looking for fouls
(9) Can you just imagine how the likes of Aguero and Higuain will repeatedly collide with Ezenwa and go down every time looking for penalties? They will get at least one or two
(10) We have a well trained goalkeeper so he starts! Ezenwa will move to Europe soon. Of they I am certain as he is so talented. When he gets his training, he will be in contention for the number one shirt
:lol: Is Ezenwa even a goalkeeper??? Ayo do you conduct interviews? If so, do you just go by where the person has been not what they've done?
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

pajimoh wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The team is pretty much set. Just need to get a good goalkeeper and continue to gel, build chemistry and add depth. The World cup is like 7 months away.

The team is pretty much set to suffer three defeats at the World Cup. Just imagine what Neymar, Jesus, Coutinho, Paulinho, Bravo, etc would do to this team. Imagine is getting Brazil, Spain and Mexico in our group.

Anyway, Rohr knows the score so I am not bothered. Of the 23 players he needs, he probably has about 15. Of the starting 11 he has no more than seven.
And you think a 19 year old goal keeper can save us? Ayo, you're impossible. This is the team we have. Chopping and changing will not make us win the wc. We never learn from our previous mistakes

How old was Iker Cassilas when he. Even keeping for Spain? Do you want to check out Cortouir and De Goey too? Or should we go with the 17 year old Ekramy Ahmed who featured for Egypt
You still haven't answered my question. Do you think this 19 year old keeper, making his debut against one of the smallest teams un LaLiga can save us from all the players you listed?
Him and about four other fresh faces yes. I am looking at about five new introductions into our starting line-up that will radically transform this team.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

truetalk wrote:
This is a clear lie. I challenge you to list 5 out of these several games.

I just wonder why and how you guys do this.
How many games did Enyeama play for Nigeria before the World cup in 2002?

BTW Enyeama wasn't the starter going into the world cup. He played the last match against England. Enyeama played several games for Nigeria, his debut was against Kenya early in the year. Uzoho has not even played one game for Nigeria. I am not going to buy the hype until i see him play for Nigeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

To be honest, following the emergence of Uzoho, I am no longer interested in the goalkeeping debate. If there is a new development I will be back but for now the matter has been settled.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

As excited as we are over the emergence of Uzoho, we have to be cautious and monitor him over a period of time before adding him to the SE mix. It is not a small thing for a young Nigerian goalkeeper to start for a La Liga team and that says he is talented. Every WC year a dark horse emerges for a squad place, this time around, it could be Uzoho.
I am happy