Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:52 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 3350
Enugu II wrote:
doctorollie wrote:
God has answered our prayers! Just hand over the No 1 jersey to Frank! At least until Carl Ikeme returns! Starting in La Liga is no joke folks and for Deportivo for that matter!



Bros, Uzoho is not news to Rohr. BTW, he has been mentioned severally in the Naija sports papers and by the often derided owngoal.com.
So Rohr knew him but has never extended any invitation to him. I have said it Rohr is extremely conservative to try a devil he doesn't know . All speculations going on here are unnecessary headache because Rohr that I know is not that liberal . You all can take this to the bank


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:24 pm
Posts: 437
Location: moscow,Russia
I just pity the short GK.. where does he play nowadays?

_________________
afc##


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 52452
Location: United Kingdom
The only question Rohr has to answer now is who is number threee? Akpeyi or Alampasu

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 9015
chuks69 wrote:
I just pity the short GK.. where does he play nowadays?

The #16 must have been exceptionally good to make the team at that height. Shame that his height would restrict his progress if he does not grow taller.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 31806
Location: Somewhere
Damunk wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
At this rate Ayo will remove players from the plane on the day of departure to Russia because another foreign player was discovered after 30 minutes training
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:



No mind Ayo. He is like a secondary school Games Master

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 45390
Orion wrote:
chuks69 wrote:
I just pity the short GK.. where does he play nowadays?

The #16 must have been exceptionally good to make the team at that height. Shame that his height would restrict his progress if he does not grow taller.
...my thought too. You don't just give bribe to be on the national team, you got to be very good to be invited.
And yes, there have been short and agile goalkeepers.
In Nigeria at least, Cyril Okosieme is shorter than Emmanuel Okala but he was always number one for club and country.
In Mexico Jorge Campos was one of the best goalies for el tri.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 4:29 pm
Posts: 1307
mcal wrote:

In Nigeria at least, Cyril Okosieme is shorter than Emmanuel Okala but he was always number one for club and country.


mcal, that na heresy...

Okosieme was only No.1 for as long as Okala was a debutant...not a day longer...
Okala was head & shoulders better than Okosieme... not even a debate...

mcal, take time o...

_________________
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 52452
Location: United Kingdom
mcal wrote:
Orion wrote:
chuks69 wrote:
I just pity the short GK.. where does he play nowadays?

The #16 must have been exceptionally good to make the team at that height. Shame that his height would restrict his progress if he does not grow taller.
...my thought too. You don't just give bribe to be on the national team, you got to be very good to be invited.
And yes, there have been short and agile goalkeepers.
In Nigeria at least, Cyril Okosieme is shorter than Emmanuel Okala but he was always number one for club and country.
In Mexico Jorge Campos was one of the best goalies for el tri.


Vincent Enyeama
Fabian Barthez
Shay Given
Jorge Campo
Raymond King

Are not tall people.

My first encounter with a short goalkeeper was in 1975 when a Ghanaian gentlemen named Charles Tetteh manned goal for Alyufsalam Rocks of Ilorin in the Challenge Cup final against Rangers. He was simply super!

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:38 pm
Posts: 4492
We just need to keep watch and hope he has a good season... The dude has only played 1 game, he may have tons of potential but until he has proven that on a consistent and regular basis, he remains just that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 27032
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Is his last name being mispelt?

Which one be Ozoho/Uzoho?

The closest I can think of as being the correct spelling is Uzoha.

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 15076
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
bully12 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
doctorollie wrote:
God has answered our prayers! Just hand over the No 1 jersey to Frank! At least until Carl Ikeme returns! Starting in La Liga is no joke folks and for Deportivo for that matter!



Bros, Uzoho is not news to Rohr. BTW, he has been mentioned severally in the Naija sports papers and by the often derided owngoal.com.
So Rohr knew him but has never extended any invitation to him. I have said it Rohr is extremely conservative to try a devil he doesn't know . All speculations going on here are unnecessary headache because Rohr that I know is not that liberal . You all can take this to the bank


bully12,

You really cannot expect Rohr to constantly change his team in midst of competition because a Nigerian player is playing well somewhere. In Uzoho's case, how could Rohr have introduced him in a competitive game when Rohr wanted experience between the posts? Part of building the team is also building chemistry. This is the time where he can fully introduce new players because the games will not count. I am certain that new players will be introduced.

_________________
Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines
how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:26 am
Posts: 4347
Location: Oke Langbodo
FATHER TIKO wrote:
mcal wrote:

In Nigeria at least, Cyril Okosieme is shorter than Emmanuel Okala but he was always number one for club and country.


mcal, that na heresy...

Okosieme was only No.1 for as long as Okala was a debutant...not a day longer...
Okala was head & shoulders better than Okosieme... not even a debate...

mcal, take time o...

:D no mind mcal

_________________
Ise ni ogun `se
Mura si ise ore mi
Ise ni afi ndeni giga
Bi ako ba reni fehinti
Bi ole la a ri
Bi a ko ba reni gbekele
A tera mose eni
Iya re le lowo lowo...
.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 15076
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
FATHER TIKO wrote:
mcal wrote:

In Nigeria at least, Cyril Okosieme is shorter than Emmanuel Okala but he was always number one for club and country.


mcal, that na heresy...

Okosieme was only No.1 for as long as Okala was a debutant...not a day longer...
Okala was head & shoulders better than Okosieme... not even a debate...

mcal, take time o...


Okosieme was not No.1 for Nigeria ooo. He was in Rangers until Okala emerged but not for Nigeria.

_________________
Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines
how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 52452
Location: United Kingdom
Enugu II wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
mcal wrote:

In Nigeria at least, Cyril Okosieme is shorter than Emmanuel Okala but he was always number one for club and country.


mcal, that na heresy...

Okosieme was only No.1 for as long as Okala was a debutant...not a day longer...
Okala was head & shoulders better than Okosieme... not even a debate...

mcal, take time o...


Okosieme was not No.1 for Nigeria ooo. He was in Rangers until Okala emerged but not for Nigeria.


Enugu II is right. In 1972, Eyo Essien was Nigeria's goalkeeper. Emmanuel Okala subsequently took over from him and manned goal during the 1973 All African Games, with Joseph Erico as his deputy.

Correct me if I am wrong Enugu II but Okala made his Eagles debut on Dec 4 1972 at the opening of the National Stadium Surulere when we beat Mali 3-0.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 27640
truetalk wrote:
Not a big problem for me. Rijeka are a top 2-3 team in Croatia, and they are playing (though fumbling) in Europe. Nwolokor was loaned out and he was called back to the club this season and handed the No. 1 Jesrsey. The guy currently starting (Prskalo) is a borderline Croatian International & is the Vice Captain. Nwolokor has 2 seasons of starting in Europe under his belt and will be fine, either at Rijeka or out on loan.

That’s NOT good enough if he is not seeing any action this season...

That’s akin to saying that Vince Enyeama should just walk into the SE whether or not he sees no action this season, on account of his donkey years as a starting GK in Europe. Form oscillates, regardless of if dude was handed the number half jersey.

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Last edited by Gotti on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 9704
Well done to Super Depor for giving African GKs a chance over the years (Songo, Rufai, Kameni, and now young Uzoho).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 52452
Location: United Kingdom
wiseone wrote:
Well done to Super Depor for giving African GKs a chance over the years (Songo, Rufai, Kameni, and now young Uzoho).



Kameni played for Valencia.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 4:29 pm
Posts: 1307
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
mcal wrote:

In Nigeria at least, Cyril Okosieme is shorter than Emmanuel Okala but he was always number one for club and country.


mcal, that na heresy...

Okosieme was only No.1 for as long as Okala was a debutant...not a day longer...
Okala was head & shoulders better than Okosieme... not even a debate...

mcal, take time o...


Okosieme was not No.1 for Nigeria ooo. He was in Rangers until Okala emerged but not for Nigeria.


Enugu II is right. In 1972, Eyo Essien was Nigeria's goalkeeper. Emmanuel Okala subsequently took over from him and manned goal during the 1973 All African Games, with Joseph Erico as his deputy.

Correct me if I am wrong Enugu II but Okala made his Eagles debut on Dec 4 1972 at the opening of the National Stadium Surulere when we beat Mali 3-0.


Yeah...1972...barely a year after emerging at Rangers...
Sometimes, a player emerges, and every fan immediately realises that player is star-dust...Okala was the real deal...

Within 1 year, Okala snatched the gloves from Okosieme at Rangers, and banished for good Essien, Fregene, Erico and the rest of the pretenders at the Green Eagles...

Okala would remain undisputed Nigeria No 1 from 1973-1980...

_________________
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 27640
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
wiseone wrote:
Well done to Super Depor for giving African GKs a chance over the years (Songo, Rufai, Kameni, and now young Uzoho).

Kameni played for Valencia.

Actually, he played for Espanyol and Malaga...

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Posts: 23850
Location: your girls place
If he(Uzoh) continues to play regularly for Deportivo in the coming months it will be hard for Rhor to justify not inviting him. We don't exactly have quality in the GK ranks. Ezenwa is too erratic for my liking, Alampasu cant get a game in the Portugese 3rd division while Apkeyi is a crap GK in a crap team in South Africa. Uzoh deserves a chance to fight for a shirt. Another GK that deserves a chance is David Nwokolor who plays in a top club in Croatia that is currently playing in the Europa league.

_________________
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 9704
Nwokolor plays for the Croatian champs HNK Rijeka. However is he their first choice GK playing regularly, or is he still a reserve?

bret- hart wrote:
If he(Uzoh) continues to play regularly for Deportivo in the coming months it will be hard for Rhor to justify not inviting him. We don't exactly have quality in the GK ranks. Ezenwa is too erratic for my liking, Alampasu cant get a game in the Portugese 3rd division while Apkeyi is a crap GK in a crap team in South Africa. Uzoh deserves a chance to fight for a shirt. Another GK that deserves a chance is David Nwokolor who plays in a top club in Croatia that is currently playing in the Europa league.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 52452
Location: United Kingdom
Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
wiseone wrote:
Well done to Super Depor for giving African GKs a chance over the years (Songo, Rufai, Kameni, and now young Uzoho).

Kameni played for Valencia.

Actually, he played for Espanyol and Malaga...


Yep. He did. You are very correct Gotti. The point I was trying to make was that he never played for Deportivo like Sangoo and Rufai.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 52452
Location: United Kingdom
wiseone wrote:
Nwokolor plays for the Croatian champs HNK Rijeka. However is he their first choice GK playing regularly, or is he still a reserve?

bret- hart wrote:
If he(Uzoh) continues to play regularly for Deportivo in the coming months it will be hard for Rhor to justify not inviting him. We don't exactly have quality in the GK ranks. Ezenwa is too erratic for my liking, Alampasu cant get a game in the Portugese 3rd division while Apkeyi is a crap GK in a crap team in South Africa. Uzoh deserves a chance to fight for a shirt. Another GK that deserves a chance is David Nwokolor who plays in a top club in Croatia that is currently playing in the Europa league.


Nwokolor is chopping the pine seriously. He has not seen any action this season at all.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Finidi, Google [Bot], ojafranpa, walesvilla and 83 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group