Finally, we've found a top goalkeeper

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Finally, we've found a top goalkeeper

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Dammy, no point going round in incoherent circles with you. Watch Rohr rebuild this team for the World Cup!
I am willing to bet with you that the core of Rohr's WC squad is ready and barring injury or loss of form, the following players will be in Russia next year, Ezenwa, Shehu, Echiejile, Onazi, Troost-Ekong, Balogun, Moses Simon, Victor Moses, Mikel, Ighalo, Ndidi, Etebo, Ola Aina, Iheanacho, Iwobi and Awaziem. That is 16 players, leaving 7 spots up for grabs. The jury is out on Agu, Ogu, Onyekuru, Nwakaeme, Ahmed Musa, Uche Agbo, Akpeyi, Omeruo, Success, Esiti, Kayode and Ebuehi. The likely additions to the squad based on form and Fitness are Vincent Enyeama, Joel Obi, and Noah Sarenren-Bazee. Also in with a bright chance is Stanley Amuzie, his form at Lugano will determine if he will make the WC squad in a position where the SE desperately need cover. The likely gatecrashers are Uzoho, Orji Okonkwo, Sadiq (now that he is playing regularly for Torino), Uduokhai (if he opts to rep Nigeria) and Osimhen. I do not see anyone outside of these players making the WC squad.
Last edited by Dammy on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am happy
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Dammy, no point going round in incoherent circles with you. Watch Rohr rebuild this team for the World Cup!
I am willing to bet with you that the core of Rohr's WC squad is ready and barring injury or loss of form, the following players will be in Russia next year, Ezenwa, Shehu, Echiejile, Onazi, Troost-Ekong, Balogun, Moses Simon, Victor Moses, Mikel, Ighalo, Ndidi, Etebo, Mikel Agu Ola Aina and Awaziem. That is 16 players, leaving 7 spots up for grabs. The jury is out on Ogu, Nwakaeme, Ahmed Musa, Uche Agbo, Akpeyi, Omeruo, Success, Esiti, Kayode and Ebuehi. The likely additions to the squad based on form and Fitness are Vincent Enyeama, Joel Obi and Noah Sarenren-Bazee. Also in with a bright chance is Stanley Amuzie, his form at Lugano will determine if he will make the WC squad in a position where the SE desperately need cover. The likely gatecrashers are Uzoho, Orji Okonkwo, Sadiq (now that he is playing regularly for Torino), Uduokhai (if he opts to rep Nigeria) and Osimhen. I do not see anyone outside of these players making the WC squad.
How Bazee is supposedly ahead of the likes of Onyekuru, Bonaventure, Olayinka is beyond me...
He's had 1000 minutes of professional football, plays in the second division, yet somehow he is ahead of Champion League eye-turning Onyekuru?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

marutimon wrote:
Dammy wrote:
I am willing to bet with you that the core of Rohr's WC squad is ready and barring injury or loss of form, the following players will be in Russia next year, Ezenwa, Shehu, Echiejile, Onazi, Troost-Ekong, Balogun, Moses Simon, Victor Moses, Mikel, Ighalo, Ndidi, Etebo, Mikel Agu Ola Aina and Awaziem. That is 16 players, leaving 7 spots up for grabs. The jury is out on Ogu, Nwakaeme, Ahmed Musa, Uche Agbo, Akpeyi, Omeruo, Success, Esiti, Kayode and Ebuehi. The likely additions to the squad based on form and Fitness are Vincent Enyeama, Joel Obi and Noah Sarenren-Bazee. Also in with a bright chance is Stanley Amuzie, his form at Lugano will determine if he will make the WC squad in a position where the SE desperately need cover. The likely gatecrashers are Uzoho, Orji Okonkwo, Sadiq (now that he is playing regularly for Torino), Uduokhai (if he opts to rep Nigeria) and Osimhen. I do not see anyone outside of these players making the WC squad.
How Bazee is supposedly ahead of the likes of Onyekuru, Bonaventure, Olayinka is beyond me...
He's had 1000 minutes of professional football, plays in the second division, yet somehow he is ahead of Champion League eye-turning Onyekuru?
Dammy is so comical his list is beyond a joke. Can he please tell us what business Uwua Echiejile has in Russia!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Dammy is so comical his list is beyond a joke. Can he please tell us what business Uwua Echiejile has in Russia!
The business that we have no better alternative and nothing on the horizon...

Hopefully Aina will be good enough to start at left back. Other alternatives are Amuzie or maybe Brian Idowu. But Idowu's performance on Whoscored does not inspire confidence:
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/12445 ... rian-Idowu

The problem is lack of alternatives, not that Echiejile is World Cup quality.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

marutimon wrote:
Dammy wrote:
My mistake, I overlooked Onyekuru but I have edited my post. IMO Bazee is ahead of the likes of Olayinka, Bonaventure because he plays in a top league and has been invited to the SE unlike the others and most importantly, Rohr himself headhunted him for Nigeria and would give him a chance as soon as he can prove his fitness. I do not forsee the SE playing more than 6 matches before the WC squad is named unlike the delusional Ayoakinfe, who thinks the SE will play 10 matches before the WC squad is released. We have 2 matches in November and 2 more in March 2018 ans finally another 2 at most in May/June 2018. We may play 1 or 2 matches in Russia but that will come AFTER the WC squad has been named. The conservative Roht will use those 6 matches to fine tune his squad for the WC and it will be difficult for anyone outside these group of players to get a look in.
I am happy
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Dammy wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Dammy wrote:
My mistake, I overlooked Onyekuru but I have edited my post. IMO Bazee is ahead of the likes of Olayinka, Bonaventure because he plays in a top league and has been invited to the SE unlike the others and most importantly, Rohr himself headhunted him for Nigeria and would give him a chance as soon as he can prove his fitness. I do not forsee the SE playing more than 6 matches before the WC squad is named unlike the delusional Ayoakinfe, who thinks the SE will play 10 matches before the WC squad is released. We have 2 matches in November and 2 more in March 2018 ans finally another 2 at most in May/June 2018. We may play 1 or 2 matches in Russia but that will come AFTER the WC squad has been named. The conservative Roht will use those 6 matches to fine tune his squad for the WC and it will be difficult for anyone outside these group of players to get a look in.
Bazee is not ahead of Olayinka, Bonaventure.
Bazee has played less than 400 minutes of Bundesliga football and that was back in 2015/2016.

Olayinka and Bonaventure are starters for their clubs, unlike Bazee. Plus Bazee is injured until the New Year.

We will possibly 3-4 games in May / June. It all depends on our FA, but playing 3-4 games in prep for the World Cup is normal.

I do agree with most of your list (btw you missed Iheanacho, he's also a shoe-in), except for Mikel Agu. Rohr is - as you said - conservative. He won't throw out half the team. The only new players that come in will do so on merit.

As it stands Rohr needs:
3 GOALKEEPERS - only Ezenwa looked guaranteed a slot, Enyeama is a shoe-in if he returns, the third slot is up for grabs, but Rohr will note Uzoho starting in La Liga (and in all honesty if Uzoho continues to do so Rohr will definitely take him to the World Cup, Enyeama is the only other Nigerian goalkeeper that has recently been a starter in a top league).
4 CENTRAL DEFENDERS (no more, no less) - Ekong, Balogun and Awaziem shoe-ins. Fourth slot up for grabs - Omeruo, Uche Agbo, someone new?
3 FULLBACKS (minimum) - Shehu, Aina, Echiejile - Rohr may risk 3 full backs, as Aina can play LB and RB, but its very possible Rohr will take Ebuehi or Nura.
4 CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS - Onazi, Ndidi, Mikel, fourth slot up for grabs (Mikel Agu, Nwakali, Ogu)
2 ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS - Etebo, Iwobi (also a winger)
3 WINGERS (minimum) - Victor Moses, Moses Simon, third slot up for grabs (Okonkwo, Onyekuru, Success, Bonaventure)
3 FORWARDS - Ighalo, Iheanacho are lock ins, Kayode, Osimhen, maybe Sadiq (if he starts scoring goals) the top options

That's 22, the 23 player will be either a fullback or someone that excels this season leaving Rohr with not choice but to take the player (like Nwakali, Muazam, maybe Bazee if he comes back next year and suddenly excels).

I don't think Rohr will risk Joel Obi. He's too much of an injury risk.
Whatever Rohr decides one thing will be obvious - Rohr will be forced to drop some excellent players / prospects. Compare that with Keshi's selection.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

marutimon wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Dammy wrote:
The business that we have no better alternative and nothing on the horizon...

Hopefully Aina will be good enough to start at left back. Other alternatives are Amuzie or maybe Brian Idowu. But Idowu's performance on Whoscored does not inspire confidence:
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/12445 ... rian-Idowu

The problem is lack of alternatives, not that Echiejile is World Cup quality.
If you want to pick the team on merit, here are leftbacks that are all better than Uwua Echiejile:

Brian Idowu
Jordan Touranighora
Deji Ousman

I would even take Kingsley Madu ahead of him as Kingsley can at least improve. Echiejile cannot cross, is old, hardly gets playing times these days and is only being touted by some of you here for sentimental reasons.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Brian Idowu is not better than Echiejile based on Whoscored ratings.
Deji Ousman is 17 and has not played a single minute of professional football.
Jordan Torunarigha has played 2 minutes of Bundesliga football and his primary position is centreback.

If there is any player out there better than Echiejile its Amuzie.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

marutimon wrote:Brian Idowu is not better than Echiejile based on Whoscored ratings.
Jordan Torunarigha has played 2 minutes of Bundesliga football and his primary position is centreback.

Sam Amuzie does not fill me with any confidence at the moment. He has been dropped for Lugano's last match. Do you know they are rooted to the foot of the Swiss table and he apparently is seen as one of those responsible for their current plight.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
marutimon wrote:Brian Idowu is not better than Echiejile based on Whoscored ratings.

Sam Amuzie does not fill me with any confidence at the moment. He has been dropped for Lugano's last match. Do you know they are rooted to the foot of the Swiss table and he apparently is seen as one of those responsible for their current plight.
Whatever happened to your man Juwon Oshaniwa?? I am yet to see any of our players that went to Scotland and came out the better for it.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

ukwala wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Whatever happened to your man Juwon Oshaniwa?? I am yet to see any of our players that went to Scotland and came out the better for it.
I tire oooo. I an perplexed as to how he went from zero to hero within two years. This guy was brilliant at the World Cup but buy 2016, he was released by Hearts.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:Only 4!!!! Which kind Baba una get for house?? One job! e no fit do! Is it too much to ask for 6?? :roll: :-x
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Danfo driver, you be - my man - for sure! For me, na 10 goals him for chop sef. E no mata weda na Cup dis or dat the game be
Last edited by Odas on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ukwala wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

I tire oooo. I an perplexed as to how he went from zero to hero within two years. This guy was brilliant at the World Cup but buy 2016, he was released by Hearts.
No he was not. But when you have the likes of Babamessi on the team, there are bigger problems for the rest of us to worry about. The fact that he was filling in for Echiejile (who has somehow made 2 World Cup Squads but gets himself injured when it is time for action) may have made him look good, relatively speaking.

I can think of an athletic clearance against France, but even then some other refs would have sent him off for reckless challenges prior to that.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

This why no one should waste their time debating with "Comical Ali" Ayoakinfe. He comes up with a list of 3 LBs who have not committed to Nigeria including one who does not have a minute of senior football under his belt and he wonders why most CEs see him as a joke. He makes a lot of things up. FYI, Amuzie played in Lugano's last match yesterday in a Swiss Cup game and he is not responsible for Lugano's plight as he has hardly played due to his international clearance coming late, but the joker would prefer alternative facts!
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

This why no one should waste their time debating with "Comical Ali" Ayoakinfe. He comes up with a list of 3 LBs who have not committed to Nigeria including one who does not have a minute of senior football under his belt and he wonders why most CEs see him as a joke. He makes a lot of things up. FYI, Amuzie played in Lugano's last match yesterday in a Swiss Cup game and he is not responsible for Lugano's plight as he has hardly played due to his international clearance coming late, but the joker would prefer alternative facts!

http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2017/10 ... D=PL_MS_03

Amuzie's arse was firmly rooted on the bench last weekend. ....and guess what, they managed to end the spanking, securing a 2-2 draw away to Sion!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Amuzie's arse was firmly rooted on the bench last weekend. ....and guess what, they managed to end the spanking, securing a 2-2 draw away to Sion!
Thanks for the link, shows he played yesterday just like Dammy says:
http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2017/10 ... o/2592680/

Played 5 days ago

Also played on the 14th
http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2017/10 ... l/2467072/
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Willing to wager that none of the three you mentioned (highlighted in red) will make the final squad.
Dammy wrote:
I am willing to bet with you that the core of Rohr's WC squad is ready and barring injury or loss of form, the following players will be in Russia next year, Ezenwa, Shehu, Echiejile, Onazi, Troost-Ekong, Balogun, Moses Simon, Victor Moses, Mikel, Ighalo, Ndidi, Etebo, Ola Aina, Iheanacho, Iwobi and Awaziem. That is 16 players, leaving 7 spots up for grabs. The jury is out on Agu, Ogu, Onyekuru, Nwakaeme, Ahmed Musa, Uche Agbo, Akpeyi, Omeruo, Success, Esiti, Kayode and Ebuehi. The likely additions to the squad based on form and Fitness are Vincent Enyeama, Joel Obi, and Noah Sarenren-Bazee. Also in with a bright chance is Stanley Amuzie, his form at Lugano will determine if he will make the WC squad in a position where the SE desperately need cover. The likely gatecrashers are Uzoho, Orji Okonkwo, Sadiq (now that he is playing regularly for Torino), Uduokhai (if he opts to rep Nigeria) and Osimhen. I do not see anyone outside of these players making the WC squad.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Played 5 days ago

Also played on the 14th
He has been relegated to the bench. He is now a cup player. Let’s see how many more League games he gets to play this season. For his sake, they actually need a new manager who will have faith in him.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Played 5 days ago

Also played on the 14th
He has been relegated to the bench. He is now a cup player. Let’s see how many more League games he gets to play this season. For his sake, they actually need a new manager who will have faith in him.
Typical Ayo Akinfe, I thought you posted that Amuzie was the cause of Lugano's lowly position in the Swiss league. How can he be when he hardly plays? You see your life!
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Played 5 days ago

Also played on the 14th
Typical Ayo Akinfe, I thought you posted that Amuzie was the cause of Lugano's lowly position in the Swiss league. How can he be when he hardly plays? You see your life!
Go and read what I wrote again. As soon as he got dropped, the rot stppped!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe, why are you such a bloody liar at your age? Amuzie has started only one game for Lugano due to delay in his International clearance, so how does dropping him have an effect on a team that was already bottom of the league before he started the one match against FC Zurich?
I am happy
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Don't let him get to you. He's a comedian.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

Dammy wrote:

:agree: :agree: :agree: Spot on, I might go as far as to say that the spot left maybe 4 or less, despite his squad role, I find it hard to believe that Ahmed Musa's spot is up for grabs, the same for Agu and Ogu.

Its shame that we have found something that seems to be working well for us and people are advocating for wholesale changes. Now I see how the NFF made those decisions in days past, if the forum is anything go by.