Finally, we've found a top goalkeeper

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Re: Finally, we've found a top goalkeeper

Post by chief nfachairman »

Our best choices are
Enyeama: Currently clubless. Once fit, he would walk into any mid-size club in the Top5 league or top clubs in the 2nd tier leagues. This should happen by Jan

Carl Ikeme: Good goalkeeper. FOr me, still a championship level goalie. Wuld do well in Africa but against top world opponents, im uncomfortable becuase he has never been tested against such opposition.

That leaves us with
Akpeyi: A NO NO!!

Ezenwa: Still unproven. Is he ready for the big stage? Ordinary Ghana CHan made him look foolish. with the main team, he looked good bcos the Oyinbo Wall made him look that good. Im not writing him off. he is the best of the current $@#% GKs we have.

Ozoho: Rose from YOUTH team, to back up Gk and now No.1. I have been following his progress every weekend since he was announced as 3rd choice keeper in Deportivo. If he plays more games till Jan, he would definitely be our big game goalkeeper and possibly the better person to man that goal. And now, a top coach has said OZoho has a massive future
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/16/de ... per-uzoho/

HE has been playing in Spain's D3 this season which is equivalent to NPFL, South African PSL and better than riding the pine in Croatia and not making the bench at all in Portugal

Nwokolor: Dude has been riding the pine in a back water league. We need him to start playing games before he can be considered for ROhr to even think of his name in his head

Alampasu: DUde doesnt even make the bench anymore for Fereinse
Last edited by chief nfachairman on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Dang. We went from the days of Enyeama-Etafia-Aiyegnuba-Ikeme, to now begging injured GKs who have been declared persona non grata at their clubs, and pinning our hopes on reserve GKs who cannot get a game for teams in Croatia and the Portugese third division.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Agents are the one destroying the SE. They will collect money from players promising to get them SE invite. It happens everytime especially in WC year. They hoodwink the players by saying 'I know what Rohr is thinking'.

Shame on the enemies of Naija football who are using CE for their selfish ambition.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

truetalk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Coach wrote:After 90 minutes vs Eibar? When Depor collect 7 from Barca, the same people crowning him king will be calling him Francis Uzeless. Goalkeeper is a perilous position, the slightest error I'd almost always fatal. Frankie Fingers has got himself into the hot seat, rather than hurry to hail him Gordon Ejikemoh Banks, let his progress be followed and well wishes extended on social media outlets. The young man will know Nigeria is behind him, cheering him along and ready to cast stone and even boulder at the first mistake. Gerroff!

Stoke City chopped seven from Man City yesterday. Does that make Bergovic a bad goalkeeper? Should Bosnia drop him as a result?
I have no idea, especially since Begovic does not play for Stoke City!!
:taunt: :taunt: :D :D :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

chief nfachairman wrote:Our best choices are
Enyeama: Currently clubless. Once fit, he would walk into any mid-size club in the Top5 league or top clubs in the 2nd tier leagues. This should happen by Jan

Carl Ikeme: Good goalkeeper. FOr me, still a championship level goalie. Wuld do well in Africa but against top world opponents, im uncomfortable becuase he has never been tested against such opposition.

That leaves us with

Ezenwa: Still unproven. Is he ready for the big stage? Ordinary Ghana CHan made him look foolish. with the main team, he looked good bcos the Oyinbo Wall made him look that good. Im not writing him off. he is the best of the current $@#% GKs we have.

Ozoho: Rose from YOUTH team, to back up Gk and now No.1. I have been following his progress every weekend since he was announced as 3rd choice keeper in Deportivo. If he plays more games till Jan, he would definitely be our big game goalkeeper and possibly the better person to man that goal. And now, a top coach has said OZoho has a massive future

HE has been playing in Spain's D3 this season which is equivalent to NPFL, South African PSL and better than riding the pine in Croatia and not making the bench at all in Portugal

Nwokolor: Dude has been riding the pine in a back water league. We need him to start playing games before he can be considered for ROhr to even think of his name in his head

nfa chairman, you still never hammer for this you agent gig so you can stop bombarding us with agent style analysis? haba!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wanaj0 wrote:Agents are the one destroying the SE. They will collect money from players promising to get them SE invite. It happens everytime especially in WC year. They hoodwink the players by saying 'I know what Rohr is thinking'.

Shame on the enemies of Naija football who are using CE for their selfish ambition.
...sad you and yours know these people yet you allow them to be posting these stuff on CE.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

mcal wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:Agents are the one destroying the SE. They will collect money from players promising to get them SE invite. It happens everytime especially in WC year. They hoodwink the players by saying 'I know what Rohr is thinking'.

...sad you and yours know these people yet you allow them to be posting these stuff on CE.
1) He cannot stop people from posting statements that don't contravene forum rules.

2) It usually doesn't take much to sniff them out. Unreasonably defending one player, and attacking the player(s) that are threats to their clients on the team,
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Nice
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

WanoJoro you just described yourself and some others on this thread to a T. We all know some of you guys are Akpeyi's agents/ hangers on. Well you guys need to stop lying to him. He is not a good goalkeeper. Never has never will. Uzoho will start many more games for Deportivo and when that happens, Apkeyi's days as a Nigerian International keeper will be over.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

1naija wrote:

That leaves us with

nfa chairman, you still never hammer for this you agent gig so you can stop bombarding us with agent style analysis? haba!

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

I left football agent biz since 2004 when i moved back to Nigeria and became a banker. Football agency was too dirty for me.
01bakana
Egg
Egg

Post by 01bakana »

chief nfachairman wrote:
1naija wrote:

That leaves us with

I left football agent biz since 2004 when i moved back to Nigeria and became a banker. Football agency was too dirty for me.
:rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol: Oga NFA abeg no vex nothing personal but I just could not help myself with Naija banker calling football agents dirty :taunt: :taunt:
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

01bakana wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
1naija wrote:

That leaves us with

:rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol: Oga NFA abeg no vex nothing personal but I just could not help myself with Naija banker calling football agents dirty :taunt: :taunt:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I agree. but i was not in core Banking. I was Head of IT, Digital Banking and Strategy at different times. The dirty ones are in .......
01bakana
Egg
Egg

Post by 01bakana »

:thumb: :thumb:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

wiseone wrote:Dang. We went from the days of Enyeama-Etafia-Aiyegnuba-Ikeme, to now begging injured GKs who have been declared persona non grata at their clubs, and pinning our hopes on reserve GKs who cannot get a game for teams in Croatia and the Portugese third division.
Chief, the tin tire me-o! I am yet to understand the reason(s) people are mentioning Enyeama's (EA) name in our goalkeeping discussions. EA has retired and to worsen the matter, he has no club and participated in none of the qualifiers.

We are talking of a person who abandoned the team when the team/nation needed him. At moment, his "house men" and AGENTS are itching for him to use the Super-eagles to pull his career out of the trashcan. In addition, we are also talking of a "well known" trouble maker who will destabilize the team if things doesn't go his way. No please, we DON'T need EA in the team. He has RETIRED.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

truetalk wrote:
mcal wrote:

1) He cannot stop people from posting statements that don't contravene forum rules.

2) It usually doesn't take much to sniff them out. Unreasonably defending one player, and attacking the player(s) that are threats to their clients on the team,
It appears such is what is going on at moment over this Enyeama's issue. Enyeama hasn't played any game in a long time, has no club at moment, yet some people think he is the BEST OPTION for the Super-eagles (SE) and the nation in goalkeeping.

Worst still, such people with their "selective amnesia", forgot Enyeama ABANDONED the team and with his own mouth, said he has RETIRED from the SE's team. Can someone please tell Enyeama to please move-on and leave us alone? We don't need him. In fact, we don't WANT him!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Super Eagles goalkeeper coach Alloy Agu has hinted that Deportivo La Coruna new kid on the block Francis Uzoho will be invited to the national team ahead of next summer's World Cup if he consistently churns out brilliant performances for the Spanish side.

In some quarters, the Super Eagles faithful want the goalkeeper to be immediately invited to the national team for their next fixture versus Algeria having made his La Liga debut against SD Eibar on Sunday , but Agu is having none of it, saying he has to first confirm if Uzoho is up to scratch.

''As long as he keeps playing and he's on top of his game, of course he'll get a call-up,'' Agu told only allnigeriasoccer.com.

''We are looking for good hands that will make Nigeria proud and he's a Nigerian, who said we won't look at him.

''We will monitor him, it's good to hear, good to know. We will keep our radar on him and continue to monitor and pray for his progress.

''Honestly speaking, a Nigerian is entitled to play for Nigeria no matter wherever he is as long as he lives up to standards, I'll keep monitoring him.''

In addition to posting a shutout in his maiden appearance in the Spanish top-flight, Uzoho has kept three clean-sheets from four appearances for Deportivo La Coruna II in the Segunda División B - Grupo I.

Born October 28, 1998, he was a member of the Golden Eaglets squad at the 2013 Fifa U17 World Cup, but was behind Dele Alampasu and Abdulazeez Abubakar in Manu Garba's pecking order of goalkeepers.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=25038
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

In 1997, Russia, another country contesting World Cup qualifiers under a new identity, faced mighty Italy, who had reached the final of the previous tournament in USA after finishing third in their home World Cup in 1990. The first leg in Moscow was notable for the debut of a 19-year-old Italian who came on as a substitute for injured goalkeeper Gianluca Pagliuca.

Twenty years on and 173 appearances later, Gianluigi Buffon is now the most capped Italian (and European) in history. Buffon did not concede to an opponent on his debut but he was beaten by an own goal from Fabio Cannavaro, scored three minutes after Christian Vieri had given Italy the lead.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:In 1997, Russia, another country contesting World Cup qualifiers under a new identity, faced mighty Italy, who had reached the final of the previous tournament in USA after finishing third in their home World Cup in 1990. The first leg in Moscow was notable for the debut of a 19-year-old Italian who came on as a substitute for injured goalkeeper Gianluca Pagliuca.

Twenty years on and 173 appearances later, Gianluigi Buffon is now the most capped Italian (and European) in history. Buffon did not concede to an opponent on his debut but he was beaten by an own goal from Fabio Cannavaro, scored three minutes after Christian Vieri had given Italy the lead.
You’ve come again... :rotf:

Buffon was already playing regular first-team football with Parma in the Serie A, starting from 1995 and having started (not seating on the bench) for Italy at every junior level (U16, U17, U18 AAnd U21) and was on the 1996 Olympic team. And though he made his Azzurri debut as a replacement for an injured Pagliuca in late 1997, he did not become the first-choice national team GK until late 1998 - that is after almost THREE years of regular first-team football at club level. Why the rush? Did you put money on Uzoho? The season has barely gotten underway and he has made only one appearance. Abegi, let him go through the season, see more action and garner more experience and then (if warranted) come to camp and CONTEST for a spot.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:In 1997, Russia, another country contesting World Cup qualifiers under a new identity, faced mighty Italy, who had reached the final of the previous tournament in USA after finishing third in their home World Cup in 1990. The first leg in Moscow was notable for the debut of a 19-year-old Italian who came on as a substitute for injured goalkeeper Gianluca Pagliuca.

Buffon was already playing regular first-team football with Parma in the Serie A, starting from 1995 and having started (not seating on the bench) for Italy at every junior level (U16, U17, U18 AAnd U21) and was on the 1996 Olympic team. And though he made his Azzurri debut as a replacement for an injured Pagliuca in late 1997, he did not become the first-choice national team GK until late 1998 - that is after almost THREE years of regular first-team football at club level. Why the rush? Did you put money on Uzoho? The season has barely gotten underway and he has made only one appearance. Abegi, let him go through the season, see more action and garner more experience and then (if warranted) come to camp and CONTEST for a spot.
Somebody done hammer. They will soon be selling SE invitation letter!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:

When you have the likes of Perruzi and Paliuga ahead of you, yes, it will take you time to become number one. Who does Nigeria currency have ahead of Uzoho?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Vince is back with the first team at Lille and is expected to get his job back.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Vince is back with the first team at Lille and is expected to get his job back.
Not true. I spoke with him yesterday. He is looking to January to move on.

The only good news is that his injury has healed and he has started training again. He is aiming to be fit enough by the time the transfer window opens.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Vince is back with the first team at Lille and is expected to get his job back.
Ooooh, noooo! Kai!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: