Finally, we've found a top goalkeeper

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Finally, we've found a top goalkeeper

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Coach wrote:After 90 minutes vs Eibar? When Depor collect 7 from Barca, the same people crowning him king will be calling him Francis Uzeless. Goalkeeper is a perilous position, the slightest error I'd almost always fatal. Frankie Fingers has got himself into the hot seat, rather than hurry to hail him Gordon Ejikemoh Banks, let his progress be followed and well wishes extended on social media outlets. The young man will know Nigeria is behind him, cheering him along and ready to cast stone and even boulder at the first mistake. Gerroff!

Stoke City chopped seven from Man City yesterday. Does that make Bergovic a bad goalkeeper? Should Bosnia drop him as a result?
YES, next question? You find some example to buttress your senseless point. Some also found scripture about having a slave, do you want to be one?

Chief, let the boy prove himself. Like a child learning to walk or a new driver on the road, let him see more of life, experience some learning curves, facing different teams and different types of players. Let him learn what it is to adapt. Let him learn what it takes to play in from of a passionate and intimidating crowd and not lose his nerves. This boy is yet to see the world. How many cup finals has he played?
Last edited by pajimoh on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

pajimoh wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
asabatex wrote:Current ranking of our goal keepers
Enyeama
Ikeme
Uzoho
Ezenwa
Alampasu
Agbim
Akpeyi

uumm

Enyeama
Ikeme
Ezenwa
Akpeyi
Afelokai
Femi Thomas

Don't have enough data to rank Ajiboye, Alampasu, Nwokolor and Uzoho.
Enyeama cannot B first if he's hardly faced shots from a competitive match in a few months.
Please lets not crown based on past form. We need current form
He will be back before the start of the world cup. Neur is also injured. Is he is still not in the plans of the German coach?
When he comes back then we can talk but as of today, no. The wc squad, if selected today, Enyeama cannot be top. You're predicting he'll be back, optimism at best.

Stick to now and we'll review if and when he does decide to come back

I can't speak for the German coach but I also know Neur has not retired
I am thinking about the present, and the future.
If thinking about the present this is what you come up with then you're not thinking or incapable of thinking. Even Enyeama knows currently he would not have been able to help Nigeria qualify, talk less of making him current numero uno
Are you a member of the Nigerian government?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ohenhen1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:"]
pajimoh wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
asabatex wrote:Current ranking of our goal keepers
Enyeama
Ikeme
Uzoho
Ezenwa
Alampasu
Agbim
Akpeyi

uumm

Enyeama
Ikeme
Ezenwa
Akpeyi
Afelokai
Femi Thomas

Don't have enough data to rank Ajiboye, Alampasu, Nwokolor and Uzoho.
Enyeama cannot B first if he's hardly faced shots from a competitive match in a few months.
Please lets not crown based on past form. We need current form
He will be back before the start of the world cup. Neur is also injured. Is he is still not in the plans of the German coach?
When he comes back then we can talk but as of today, no. The wc squad, if selected today, Enyeama cannot be top. You're predicting he'll be back, optimism at best.

Stick to now and we'll review if and when he does decide to come back

I can't speak for the German coach but I also know Neur has not retired
If thinking about the present this is what you come up with then you're not thinking or incapable of thinking. Even Enyeama knows currently he would not have been able to help Nigeria qualify, talk less of making him current numero uno
Are you a member of the Nigerian government?[/quote]
Why, have you seen me in your office at the ministries before? You're the one acting like someone who gives out a contract without finding out whether the company can still perform.
My point is a succinct one and if your job is on the line, rather than a keyboard coach, you'd learn to work with your best personnel at any given time.
Go and read another thread where Rohr spoke about Enyeama.
Not only has Enyeama been released by his club but he's also recovering from injury. You ignore all these to make him your number 1 keeper. Are you smoking some Lipton or something?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

My people are not even embarrassed about the fact that we do not have a goelkeeper in a top class European league. Australia can boast of two as the Brighton keeper in the English Premiership and the Levante goalie in La Liga are both Australian.

We finally have one and we are hearing all toys talk. Given our population, we should have at least five goalkeepers in the top tiers of Spain, Italy, Germany, England and France.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:My people are not even embarrassed about the fact that we do not have a goelkeeper in a top class European league. Australia can boast of two as the Brighton keeper in the English Premiership and the Levante goalie in La Liga are both Australian.

We finally have one and we are hearing all toys talk. Given our population, we should have at least five goalkeepers in the top tiers of Spain, Italy, Germany, England and France.

No point in reasoning with you. If your only point I about embarrassment then people like you will never see anything good in our league
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Too many options springing out left, right, and center..Kai! these is probably the most challenging time to be a SE coach ahead of the world cup.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tobi17 wrote:Too many options springing out left, right, and center..Kai! these is probably the most challenging time to be a SE coach ahead of the world cup.
Not really, he is building a team, not an all star team. Don't expect massive changes. All this new faces will either be on the bench or be in the mix after the world cup.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Too many options springing out left, right, and center..Kai! these is probably the most challenging time to be a SE coach ahead of the world cup.
Not really, he is building a team, not an all star team. Don't expect massive changes. All this new faces will either be on the bench or be in the mix after the world cup.
true, there is still football after the world cup...by Qatar 2022 world cup most of these young and upcoming players(if they work hard) will be in the prime best of their careers by then :thumb:
Last edited by Tobi17 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

ohenhen1 wrote:

In your dreams. The team that qualified is nowhere near good enough for the World Cup. Imagine it being drawn in the same group as Germany, Spain and Uruguay. We will return home with zero points.

Are some of you just plain blind? We will not be playing Swaziland, Cameroon, Algeria and Zambia at the World Cup!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

In your dreams. The team that qualified is nowhere near good enough for the World Cup. Imagine it being drawn in the same group as Germany, Spain and Uruguay. We will return home with zero points.

Are some of you just plain blind? We will not be playing Swaziland, Cameroon, Algeria and Zambia at the World Cup!
same team framework with some enterprising additions in WEAK areas...depth! so in summary, expect to see the regular names like Mikel, Onazi, Ndidi, Etebo, Ogu, Iwobi, Ihenacho, Musa, Simon, Victor, Balogun, Ekong, Aina, Shehu,Ezenwa,Agbo, Ebuehi, Bazee, Agu, Awaziem, Akpeyi or Nwokolor, Enyeama among the list...then names like Nwakali, Onyekuru, Dessers, Uduokhai, Torunarigha(sp), Bonaventure, Tammy, Onomah etc will most likely complete the team as reserves.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tobi17 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

same team framework with some enterprising additions in WEAK areas...depth! so in summary, expect to see the regular names like Mikel, Onazi, Ndidi, Etebo, Ogu, Iwobi, Ihenacho, Musa, Simon, Victor, Balogun, Ekong, Aina, Shehu,Ezenwa,Agbo, Ebuehi, Bazee, Agu, Awaziem, Akpeyi or Nwokolor, Enyeama among the list...then names like Nwakali, Onyekuru, Dessers, Uduokhai, Torunarigha(sp), Bonaventure, Tammy, Onomah etc will most likely complete the team as reserves.
Even if these "reserves" are better?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The team is pretty much set. Just need to get a good goalkeeper and continue to gel, build chemistry and add depth. The World cup is like 7 months away.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote:Uzoho is the GK in the back row...

The young man automatically made everyone close to him "short." I wonder how TFCO will look like while standing close to Uzoho :lol: :lol: :lol: :tic:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Coach wrote:After 90 minutes vs Eibar? When Depor collect 7 from Barca, the same people crowning him king will be calling him Francis Uzeless. Goalkeeper is a perilous position, the slightest error I'd almost always fatal. Frankie Fingers has got himself into the hot seat, rather than hurry to hail him Gordon Ejikemoh Banks, let his progress be followed and well wishes extended on social media outlets. The young man will know Nigeria is behind him, cheering him along and ready to cast stone and even boulder at the first mistake. Gerroff!

Stoke City chopped seven from Man City yesterday. Does that make Bergovic a bad goalkeeper? Should Bosnia drop him as a result?
I have no idea, especially since Begovic does not play for Stoke City!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Shownoja wrote:This is really good news. Hope Rohr gives him a chance. More importantly, hope the Enyeama pushers stop now and let the kids take the reigns. To play La Liga no be beans.
KPAM! :agree: :agree: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

ohenhen1 wrote:The team is pretty much set. Just need to get a good goalkeeper and continue to gel, build chemistry and add depth. The World cup is like 7 months away.

The team is pretty much set to suffer three defeats at the World Cup. Just imagine what Neymar, Jesus, Coutinho, Paulinho, Bravo, etc would do to this team. Imagine is getting Brazil, Spain and Mexico in our group.

Anyway, Rohr knows the score so I am not bothered. Of the 23 players he needs, he probably has about 15. Of the starting 11 he has no more than seven.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

ohenhen1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Current ranking of our goal keepers
Enyeama
Ikeme
Uzoho
Ezenwa
Alampasu
Agbim
Akpeyi

uumm

Enyeama
Ikeme
Ezenwa
Akpeyi
Afelokai
Femi Thomas

PaJimoh is right. I have said it here recently. As at today, I don't think Enyeama is one of the top 3 Keepers available to Nigeria, and that is even with Ikeme out. He needs to recover, get fit and find a club in January to stand any chance of making the squad, and even that does not mean he'll be on the plane to Russia.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Gotti wrote:
truetalk wrote:Yes you are.

In addition to Uzoho, there are 2 young Nigerian keepers with Rijeka. They are in the Europa Cup this season.

On the home front. In addition to Ezenwa, we can talk of Femi Thomas and maybe a couple more.

Ezenwa has started against 2 of the top teams in Africa and only conceded a penalty. He has not done badly for the Eagles, and has been calm under the bright lights.

I'm sure you were one of those hyping Alampasu, when there were more solid prospects that had not been spotlighted. That was when you should have made noise about Uzoho & the rest of them.
But neither of them are seeing any action this season - and I had high hopes for Nwokolor...
Not a big problem for me. Rijeka are a top 2-3 team in Croatia, and they are playing (though fumbling) in Europe. Nwolokor was loaned out and he was called back to the club this season and handed the No. 1 Jesrsey. The guy currently starting (Prskalo) is a borderline Croatian International & is the Vice Captain. Nwolokor has 2 seasons of starting in Europe under his belt and will be fine, either at Rijeka or out on loan.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The team is pretty much set. Just need to get a good goalkeeper and continue to gel, build chemistry and add depth. The World cup is like 7 months away.

The team is pretty much set to suffer three defeats at the World Cup. Just imagine what Neymar, Jesus, Coutinho, Paulinho, Bravo, etc would do to this team. Imagine is getting Brazil, Spain and Mexico in our group.

Anyway, Rohr knows the score so I am not bothered. Of the 23 players he needs, he probably has about 15. Of the starting 11 he has no more than seven.
And you think a 19 year old goal keeper can save us? Ayo, you're impossible. This is the team we have. Chopping and changing will not make us win the wc. We never learn from our previous mistakes
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

truetalk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Current ranking of our goal keepers
Enyeama
Ikeme
Uzoho
Ezenwa
Alampasu
Agbim
Akpeyi

uumm

Enyeama
Ikeme
Ezenwa
Akpeyi
Afelokai
Femi Thomas

PaJimoh is right. I have said it here recently. As at today, I don't think Enyeama is one of the top 3 Keepers available to Nigeria, and that is even with Ikeme out. He needs to recover, get fit and find a club in January to stand any chance of making the squad, and even that does not mean he'll be on the plane to Russia.
Enyeama will be back from injury, will find a club. Based on talent, Enyeama is the number one goalkeeper. Just Manuel Neur will be back in January starting for Germany.

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

pajimoh wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

And you think a 19 year old goal keeper can save us? Ayo, you're impossible. This is the team we have. Chopping and changing will not make us win the wc. We never learn from our previous mistakes

How old was Iker Cassilas when he. Even keeping for Spain? Do you want to check out Cortouir and De Goey too? Or should we go with the 17 year old Ekramy Ahmed who featured for Egypt
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

How old was Iker Cassilas when he. Even keeping for Spain? Do you want to check out Cortouir and De Goey too? Or should we go with the 17 year old Ekramy Ahmed who featured for Egypt
You still haven't answered my question. Do you think this 19 year old keeper, making his debut against one of the smallest teams un LaLiga can save us from all the players you listed?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

uzoho is one for the future, but not for the World cup that starts in about 7 months. To ask a 19 year old to start at the world stage against world class competition with little experience is asking too much. i would have been okay with it if Uzoho was part of the qualification process, played several games for Nigeria. Sunday Oliseh played several games before featuring at the world cup in 94. He has one game at senior level for his club. He has zero games for Nigeria. If you rush him, you risk damaging his confidence. Enyeama played several games for Nigeria before featuring at the World cup in 2002.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.