Nigeria is now in Pot Three with the new rankings

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Nigeria is now in Pot Three with the new rankings

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Can someone correct me if I am wrong but we are now ranked 41st and are among the top 24 qualifiers
Spain is also ranked number eight in the world and would have been a seeded team but for the fact that hosts Russia have to be ranked

Anyway, no matter how you look art it, we will still have two crack teams in our group. With Spain, Italy, England, Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia and Switzerland all to be in Pot B, this tournament will be helele.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria is now in Pot Three with the new rankings

Post by pajimoh »

Some jump from frying pan to fire, Nigeria is jumping from pot to pot, kai, just like Mikel's sideways passing :tic: :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

pajimoh wrote:Some jump from frying pan to fire, Nigeria is jumping from pot to pot, kai, just like Mikel's sideways passing :tic: :sneaky:
Ask tfco, it is still better than dancing one corner and the next moment finding yourself inside pot of hot kenkey :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Need to be in pot 3 to avoid group of death. We should be able to beat any of the teams in pot 4. We just need an 'easy' pot 1 (Poland) or pot 2 ( Peru, Switzerland if they qualify )
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

We ate in pot 4
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

vancity eagle wrote:We ate in pot 4
What did we eat from the pot? Amala, akara...?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Lol!!!! I think he meant we 'are' instead of 'ate'
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

The YeyeMan wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Kenke.

Make we just enter pot and come out in flying colors.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Can someone correct me if I am wrong but we are now ranked 41st and are among the top 24 qualifiers
Spain is also ranked number eight in the world and would have been a seeded team but for the fact that hosts Russia have to be ranked

Anyway, no matter how you look art it, we will still have two crack teams in our group. With Spain, Italy, England, Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia and Switzerland all to be in Pot B, this tournament will be helele.
It's still projections. Nothing is sure until the remaining 9 teams qualify.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

The YeyeMan wrote:
kenke with ghana fish
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

metalalloy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

He's speaking with a breda accent
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

anointed wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Can someone correct me if I am wrong but we are now ranked 41st and are among the top 24 qualifiers

Dudes, we will most likely be in Pot 4. Just based on those who are guaranteed that are above us in rankings, the pots are:

Pot 1
Russia
Germany
Brazil
Portugal
Argentina
Belgium
Poland
France

Pot 2
Spain
England
Columbia
Mexico
Uruguay
Iceland
Costa Rica
Egypt

Pot3
Iran
Serbia

Which means 6 teams left for pot 3. 7 of the 8 European play off countries are above us in ranking (Greece being the only one). So you can bet that the four play off winners will be above us. They will then take their places in the respective pots based on ranking and teams in 2 may drop to 3.

That leaves two spots open in pot 3. Peru ranked 10 are playing New Zealand and then there is Tunisia or Congo Dr from group A as likely qualifiers and even Senegal all who are above us.

So we are going to need a lot of luck to make pot 3. New Zealand will have to beat Peru and Senegal have to fail to qualify. Greece may need to qualify and beat one of the other 7 Teams in their playoff that are above us to make it easier.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

kbt wrote:
anointed wrote:

Dudes, we will most likely be in Pot 4. Just based on those who are guaranteed that are above us in rankings, the pots are:

Pot 1
Russia
Germany
Brazil
Portugal
Argentina
Belgium
Poland
France

Pot 2
Spain
England
Columbia
Mexico
Uruguay
Iceland
Costa Rica
Egypt

Pot3
Iran
Serbia

Which means 6 teams left for pot 3. 7 of the 8 European play off countries are above us in ranking (Greece being the only one). So you can bet that the four play off winners will be above us. They will then take their places in the respective pots based on ranking and teams in 2 may drop to 3.

That leaves two spots open in pot 3. Peru ranked 10 are playing New Zealand and then there is Tunisia or Congo Dr from group A as likely qualifiers and even Senegal all who are above us.

So we are going to need a lot of luck to make pot 3. New Zealand will have to beat Peru and Senegal have to fail to qualify. Greece may need to qualify and beat one of the other 7 Teams in their playoff that are above us to make it easier.
SE will be pot 3 not pot 4,i see Nigeria in
Russia
Mexico
Nigeria
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

kajifu wrote:
kbt wrote:
anointed wrote:

Pot 1
Russia
Germany
Brazil
Portugal
Argentina
Belgium
Poland
France

Pot 2
Spain
England
Columbia
Mexico
Uruguay
Iceland
Costa Rica
Egypt

Pot3
Iran
Serbia

SE will be pot 3 not pot 4,i see Nigeria in
Russia
Mexico
Nigeria

I'm not seeing where you are getting your confidence from or maybe it's just hopeful thinking. Read the listing above. We will have a good chance to be in Pot 3 if Greece qualify as they are the only European play off team below us. If they don't the 4 European qualifiers are all ranked above us. One of Tunisia and Congo DR will qualify from group A and they are both higher ranked than us. You are also now relying on 10th ranked Peru losing to New Zealand.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Why not wait for the game in Algiers....? :tic:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Kabalega wrote:Why not wait for the game in Algiers....? :tic:
Because World Cup seedings will be based on the rankings released this week and not the November list. :taunt:
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I haven't done the maths, but I swear if this is because of CHAN..I go really vex.

Someone please tell me WAFU counts for no more than a friendly.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

kbt wrote:
Because World Cup seedings will be based on the rankings released this week and not the November list. :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You wish!
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Results in the WAFU cup and CHAN qualifications messed up our seedings. Now we need to hope that miraculously that two of Greece, New Zealand and South Africa qualify.

Also what pot would Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland be in if they qualify. I would fancy our chances against either of them.
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Kabalega wrote:
kbt wrote:
You wish!

Oh boy!!! :roll:

http://kwese.espn.com/football/fifa-wor ... ms-ranking

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FI ... up_seeding

Unlike previous editions of the World Cup, all pots will be determined by each national team's October 2017 FIFA World Ranking, with Pot 1 containing the highest-ranked teams, Pot 2 containing the next highest-ranked teams, and so on; in previous editions only one pot containing the highest-ranked teams was determined by rank, with the other three pots determined by continental confederation. The hosts will continue to be placed in Pot 1 and treated as a seeded team, however, so Pot 1 will consist of hosts Russia and the seven highest-ranked teams that qualify for the tournament.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

kbt wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
kbt wrote:
You wish!

Unlike previous editions of the World Cup, all pots will be determined by each national team's October 2017 FIFA World Ranking, with Pot 1 containing the highest-ranked teams, Pot 2 containing the next highest-ranked teams, and so on; in previous editions only one pot containing the highest-ranked teams was determined by rank, with the other three pots determined by continental confederation. The hosts will continue to be placed in Pot 1 and treated as a seeded team, however, so Pot 1 will consist of hosts Russia and the seven highest-ranked teams that qualify for the tournament.
This doesn't make sense.
Many teams have not even qualified yet.
Forget that, imagine if a European team loses to a San Marino and continues to lose form, they would wreak havoc on the whole tournament with their poor form.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Kabalega wrote:
kbt wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
kbt wrote:
You wish!

This doesn't make sense.
Many teams have not even qualified yet.
Forget that, imagine if a European team loses to a San Marino and continues to lose form, they would wreak havoc on the whole tournament with their poor form.
Just like the head to head debacle with Angola, the rules are the rules bro... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger