Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:05 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 52444
Location: United Kingdom
Can someone correct me if I am wrong but we are now ranked 41st and are among the top 24 qualifiers
Spain is also ranked number eight in the world and would have been a seeded team but for the fact that hosts Russia have to be ranked

Anyway, no matter how you look art it, we will still have two crack teams in our group. With Spain, Italy, England, Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia and Switzerland all to be in Pot B, this tournament will be helele.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 25335
Some jump from frying pan to fire, Nigeria is jumping from pot to pot, kai, just like Mikel's sideways passing :tic: :sneaky:

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:01 pm
Posts: 23407
Location: Copacabana
pajimoh wrote:
Some jump from frying pan to fire, Nigeria is jumping from pot to pot, kai, just like Mikel's sideways passing :tic: :sneaky:

Ask tfco, it is still better than dancing one corner and the next moment finding yourself inside pot of hot kenkey :mrgreen:

_________________
Image
*** Every child is A STAR! ***
SUPER EAGLES - Fly Above the Storm!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------
* 3SC * COD UNITED * MAN UTD * CORINTHIANS *


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:10 am
Posts: 2422
Location: Toronto
Need to be in pot 3 to avoid group of death. We should be able to beat any of the teams in pot 4. We just need an 'easy' pot 1 (Poland) or pot 2 ( Peru, Switzerland if they qualify )


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 12551
We ate in pot 4


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 12755
vancity eagle wrote:
We ate in pot 4

What did we eat from the pot? Amala, akara...?

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o


"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Cellular, Nov 16, 2017.
"I will take Trump over Clinton. But I am in the minority." - Cellular, Jul 19, 2016.
---
© The YeyeMan 2017
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:05 pm
Posts: 3828
The YeyeMan wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
We ate in pot 4

What did we eat from the pot? Amala, akara...?


Lol!!!! I think he meant we 'are' instead of 'ate'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 40519
The YeyeMan wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
We ate in pot 4

What did we eat from the pot? Amala, akara...?



:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 40947
Location: Akoko Highlands
Kenke.


Make we just enter pot and come out in flying colors.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:25 pm
Posts: 49166
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Can someone correct me if I am wrong but we are now ranked 41st and are among the top 24 qualifiers
Spain is also ranked number eight in the world and would have been a seeded team but for the fact that hosts Russia have to be ranked

Anyway, no matter how you look art it, we will still have two crack teams in our group. With Spain, Italy, England, Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia and Switzerland all to be in Pot B, this tournament will be helele.

It's still projections. Nothing is sure until the remaining 9 teams qualify.

_________________
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Quote:
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 31797
Location: Somewhere
The YeyeMan wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
We ate in pot 4

What did we eat from the pot? Amala, akara...?


kenke with ghana fish

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 25335
metalalloy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
We ate in pot 4

What did we eat from the pot? Amala, akara...?



:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

He's speaking with a breda accent

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:06 pm
Posts: 1159
anointed wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Can someone correct me if I am wrong but we are now ranked 41st and are among the top 24 qualifiers
Spain is also ranked number eight in the world and would have been a seeded team but for the fact that hosts Russia have to be ranked

Anyway, no matter how you look art it, we will still have two crack teams in our group. With Spain, Italy, England, Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia and Switzerland all to be in Pot B, this tournament will be helele.

It's still projections. Nothing is sure until the remaining 9 teams qualify.


Dudes, we will most likely be in Pot 4. Just based on those who are guaranteed that are above us in rankings, the pots are:

Pot 1
Russia
Germany
Brazil
Portugal
Argentina
Belgium
Poland
France

Pot 2
Spain
England
Columbia
Mexico
Uruguay
Iceland
Costa Rica
Egypt

Pot3
Iran
Serbia


Which means 6 teams left for pot 3. 7 of the 8 European play off countries are above us in ranking (Greece being the only one). So you can bet that the four play off winners will be above us. They will then take their places in the respective pots based on ranking and teams in 2 may drop to 3.

That leaves two spots open in pot 3. Peru ranked 10 are playing New Zealand and then there is Tunisia or Congo Dr from group A as likely qualifiers and even Senegal all who are above us.

So we are going to need a lot of luck to make pot 3. New Zealand will have to beat Peru and Senegal have to fail to qualify. Greece may need to qualify and beat one of the other 7 Teams in their playoff that are above us to make it easier.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:39 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 29895
kbt wrote:
anointed wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Can someone correct me if I am wrong but we are now ranked 41st and are among the top 24 qualifiers
Spain is also ranked number eight in the world and would have been a seeded team but for the fact that hosts Russia have to be ranked

Anyway, no matter how you look art it, we will still have two crack teams in our group. With Spain, Italy, England, Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia and Switzerland all to be in Pot B, this tournament will be helele.

It's still projections. Nothing is sure until the remaining 9 teams qualify.


Dudes, we will most likely be in Pot 4. Just based on those who are guaranteed that are above us in rankings, the pots are:

Pot 1
Russia
Germany
Brazil
Portugal
Argentina
Belgium
Poland
France

Pot 2
Spain
England
Columbia
Mexico
Uruguay
Iceland
Costa Rica
Egypt

Pot3
Iran
Serbia


Which means 6 teams left for pot 3. 7 of the 8 European play off countries are above us in ranking (Greece being the only one). So you can bet that the four play off winners will be above us. They will then take their places in the respective pots based on ranking and teams in 2 may drop to 3.

That leaves two spots open in pot 3. Peru ranked 10 are playing New Zealand and then there is Tunisia or Congo Dr from group A as likely qualifiers and even Senegal all who are above us.

So we are going to need a lot of luck to make pot 3. New Zealand will have to beat Peru and Senegal have to fail to qualify. Greece may need to qualify and beat one of the other 7 Teams in their playoff that are above us to make it easier.

SE will be pot 3 not pot 4,i see Nigeria in
Russia
Mexico
Nigeria


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:06 pm
Posts: 1159
kajifu wrote:
kbt wrote:
anointed wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Can someone correct me if I am wrong but we are now ranked 41st and are among the top 24 qualifiers
Spain is also ranked number eight in the world and would have been a seeded team but for the fact that hosts Russia have to be ranked

Anyway, no matter how you look art it, we will still have two crack teams in our group. With Spain, Italy, England, Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia and Switzerland all to be in Pot B, this tournament will be helele.

It's still projections. Nothing is sure until the remaining 9 teams qualify.


Dudes, we will most likely be in Pot 4. Just based on those who are guaranteed that are above us in rankings, the pots are:

Pot 1
Russia
Germany
Brazil
Portugal
Argentina
Belgium
Poland
France

Pot 2
Spain
England
Columbia
Mexico
Uruguay
Iceland
Costa Rica
Egypt

Pot3
Iran
Serbia


Which means 6 teams left for pot 3. 7 of the 8 European play off countries are above us in ranking (Greece being the only one). So you can bet that the four play off winners will be above us. They will then take their places in the respective pots based on ranking and teams in 2 may drop to 3.

That leaves two spots open in pot 3. Peru ranked 10 are playing New Zealand and then there is Tunisia or Congo Dr from group A as likely qualifiers and even Senegal all who are above us.

So we are going to need a lot of luck to make pot 3. New Zealand will have to beat Peru and Senegal have to fail to qualify. Greece may need to qualify and beat one of the other 7 Teams in their playoff that are above us to make it easier.

SE will be pot 3 not pot 4,i see Nigeria in
Russia
Mexico
Nigeria


I'm not seeing where you are getting your confidence from or maybe it's just hopeful thinking. Read the listing above. We will have a good chance to be in Pot 3 if Greece qualify as they are the only European play off team below us. If they don't the 4 European qualifiers are all ranked above us. One of Tunisia and Congo DR will qualify from group A and they are both higher ranked than us. You are also now relying on 10th ranked Peru losing to New Zealand.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 11796
Location: Here
Why not wait for the game in Algiers....? :tic:

_________________
"Our semi-final victory against Nigeria (won 2-1) in the 1978 AFCON tournament in Kumasi is one of the best games I will remember for the rest of my life.
I remember very well every minute of that game where Phillip Omondi and Godfrey Kisitu scored and I was in the goal posts." -Paul Ssali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:06 pm
Posts: 1159
Kabalega wrote:
Why not wait for the game in Algiers....? :tic:


Because World Cup seedings will be based on the rankings released this week and not the November list. :taunt:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:51 am
Posts: 25364
Location: Southern Hemisphere
I haven't done the maths, but I swear if this is because of CHAN..I go really vex.

Someone please tell me WAFU counts for no more than a friendly.

_________________
Inaction has been considered a grave danger, but 'misaction' is a greater evil. With inaction, a known problem grows in magnitude; however, with misaction a known problem morphs into an unspecified number of known and unknown derivatives of the initial problem. With inaction you are left with a gargantuan disaster, but with misaction you are left with an untold variety of gargantuan disasters. Act swiftly, but more importantly do not respond inappropriately. Awon musings lati enu tbite.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 11796
Location: Here
kbt wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Why not wait for the game in Algiers....? :tic:


Because World Cup seedings will be based on the rankings released this week and not the November list. :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You wish!

_________________
"Our semi-final victory against Nigeria (won 2-1) in the 1978 AFCON tournament in Kumasi is one of the best games I will remember for the rest of my life.
I remember very well every minute of that game where Phillip Omondi and Godfrey Kisitu scored and I was in the goal posts." -Paul Ssali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 pm
Posts: 313
Results in the WAFU cup and CHAN qualifications messed up our seedings. Now we need to hope that miraculously that two of Greece, New Zealand and South Africa qualify.


Also what pot would Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland be in if they qualify. I would fancy our chances against either of them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:06 pm
Posts: 1159
Kabalega wrote:
kbt wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Why not wait for the game in Algiers....? :tic:


Because World Cup seedings will be based on the rankings released this week and not the November list. :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You wish!



Oh boy!!! :roll:


http://kwese.espn.com/football/fifa-wor ... ms-ranking

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FI ... up_seeding

Unlike previous editions of the World Cup, all pots will be determined by each national team's October 2017 FIFA World Ranking, with Pot 1 containing the highest-ranked teams, Pot 2 containing the next highest-ranked teams, and so on; in previous editions only one pot containing the highest-ranked teams was determined by rank, with the other three pots determined by continental confederation. The hosts will continue to be placed in Pot 1 and treated as a seeded team, however, so Pot 1 will consist of hosts Russia and the seven highest-ranked teams that qualify for the tournament.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 11796
Location: Here
kbt wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
kbt wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Why not wait for the game in Algiers....? :tic:


Because World Cup seedings will be based on the rankings released this week and not the November list. :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You wish!



Oh boy!!! :roll:


http://kwese.espn.com/football/fifa-wor ... ms-ranking

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FI ... up_seeding

Unlike previous editions of the World Cup, all pots will be determined by each national team's October 2017 FIFA World Ranking, with Pot 1 containing the highest-ranked teams, Pot 2 containing the next highest-ranked teams, and so on; in previous editions only one pot containing the highest-ranked teams was determined by rank, with the other three pots determined by continental confederation. The hosts will continue to be placed in Pot 1 and treated as a seeded team, however, so Pot 1 will consist of hosts Russia and the seven highest-ranked teams that qualify for the tournament.

This doesn't make sense.
Many teams have not even qualified yet.
Forget that, imagine if a European team loses to a San Marino and continues to lose form, they would wreak havoc on the whole tournament with their poor form.

_________________
"Our semi-final victory against Nigeria (won 2-1) in the 1978 AFCON tournament in Kumasi is one of the best games I will remember for the rest of my life.
I remember very well every minute of that game where Phillip Omondi and Godfrey Kisitu scored and I was in the goal posts." -Paul Ssali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:15 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:01 am
Posts: 36907
Location: Eagles' Nest
Kabalega wrote:
kbt wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
kbt wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Why not wait for the game in Algiers....? :tic:


Because World Cup seedings will be based on the rankings released this week and not the November list. :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You wish!



Oh boy!!! :roll:


http://kwese.espn.com/football/fifa-wor ... ms-ranking

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FI ... up_seeding

Unlike previous editions of the World Cup, all pots will be determined by each national team's October 2017 FIFA World Ranking, with Pot 1 containing the highest-ranked teams, Pot 2 containing the next highest-ranked teams, and so on; in previous editions only one pot containing the highest-ranked teams was determined by rank, with the other three pots determined by continental confederation. The hosts will continue to be placed in Pot 1 and treated as a seeded team, however, so Pot 1 will consist of hosts Russia and the seven highest-ranked teams that qualify for the tournament.

This doesn't make sense.
Many teams have not even qualified yet.
Forget that, imagine if a European team loses to a San Marino and continues to lose form, they would wreak havoc on the whole tournament with their poor form.

Just like the head to head debacle with Angola, the rules are the rules bro... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
Image
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], charlie, danfo driver, Google [Bot], Its a Goal, kajifu, ogasir, oloye, Zelex and 65 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group