MIKEL AGU v RAHEEM LAWAL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MIKEL AGU v RAHEEM LAWAL

Post by Cito »

maceo4 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Agu is a solid player, I see why Rohr likes the lad...the condemnation of the lad by many here is very unfair and premature considering the fact that he needs time to blend with the team set up.
The condemnation is much deserved as its based on his play. He can't be coming into a crucial WC Qualifier to play rubbish when there are other capable midfielders sitting on the bench. He has to justify the coaches faith in him by playing well else people will question his introduction and rightly so. If he goes on to prove his worth later then that's a plus, but doesn't change the fact that he sucked and was called out for sucking.
Correction; sucked in the first half and got it together in the second.
One can attribute the sucky first half to nerves.
Last edited by Cito on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote:
Gotti wrote:
1naija wrote:
Gotti wrote:Thus far, Mikel Agu is playing much better than I have ever seen him play this season
Uncle, so you actually watched Turkish league. I know the great yobo put the league on world soccer map, but I didn't think anyone actually follows the league to the extent of watching the games.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

From the bench abi?
Murds ...do your thing. Accidentally delete...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

3-1 FT - Mikel Agu wins this one by a country mile, probably MOTM...
Meanwhile, difficult to believe that this is same Aminu Umar who was starting for the SE just last year.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Otitokoro wrote:Before Amokachi (Besiktas), Okechukwu Uche (Fenerbache) and Okocha (Fenerbache) did, right?
:laugh: :laugh:
1naija wrote:
Gotti wrote:Thus far, Mikel Agu is playing much better than I have ever seen him play this season
Uncle, so you actually watched Turkish league. I know the great yobo put the league on world soccer map, but I didn't think anyone actually follows the league to the extent of watching the games.
Those were just players. None of them singlehandedly won the then much coveted Turkish league title, but go to Turkey today and you will see statues of Yobo lifting this great cup. And if there no such statue, there should be one!

Be proud of this.
Nigeria captain Joseph Yobo scored the winner as Fenerbahce emerged league champions on Sunday in Turkey.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/13508779

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Agu is a solid player, I see why Rohr likes the lad...the condemnation of the lad by many here is very unfair and premature considering the fact that he needs time to blend with the team set up.
The condemnation is much deserved as its based on his play. He can't be coming into a crucial WC Qualifier to play rubbish when there are other capable midfielders sitting on the bench. He has to justify the coaches faith in him by playing well else people will question his introduction and rightly so. If he goes on to prove his worth later then that's a plus, but doesn't change the fact that he sucked and was called out for sucking.

Hopefully, he plays against Algeria (90 minutes) in that den. And also, play some high profile friendlies! We are going to need every single player to be quality next summer. We can afford another Amokachi and Onazi problem (I'll open a thread about this later).
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Oookay :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
1naija wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Before Amokachi (Besiktas), Okechukwu Uche (Fenerbache) and Okocha (Fenerbache) did, right?
:laugh: :laugh:
1naija wrote:
Those were just players. None of them singlehandedly won the then much coveted Turkish league title, but go to Turkey today and you will see statues of Yobo lifting this great cup. And if there no such statue, there should be one!

Be proud of this.
Nigeria captain Joseph Yobo scored the winner as Fenerbahce emerged league champions on Sunday in Turkey.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/13508779

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

danfo driver wrote:
Cito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Hopefully, he plays against Algeria (90 minutes) in that den. And also, play some high profile friendlies! We are going to need every single player to be quality next summer. We can afford another Amokachi and Onazi problem (I'll open a thread about this later).
Totally agree but I have a feeling if Agbim turns into a solid keeper, most will not accept him between the posts... :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Cito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Totally agree but I have a feeling if Agbim turns into a solid keeper, most will not accept him between the posts... :D

Even if Agbim turn to bat before our very eyes, We shall not be bamboozled :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I wonder did Onyekuru get the same benefit of doubt or was he deemed useless based on a single friendly.

Double standards seem to be going on because the few times I have seem Agu he was mediocre.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

vancity eagle wrote:
I wonder did Onyekuru get the same benefit of doubt or was he deemed useless based on a single friendly.

Double standards seem to be going on because the few times I have seem Agu he was mediocre.
According to Owngoal, Onyekuru has been recalled for the Algeria game...

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/16/ro ... t-algeria/
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:
Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Cito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Even if Agbim turn to bat before our very eyes, We shall not be bamboozled :lol:
Please, no Agbim or that guy that kept against SA....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

The Agu that Ive seen for NIgeria has been decent albeit unspectacular
You can see he has the quality to be an SE