Iheanacho is a flop

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Iheanacho is a flop

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Yup....if u can't make it with the other City ...then I don't know.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Iheanacho is a flop

Post by paj »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Yup....if u can't make it with the other City ...then I don't know.
smh...
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Yup....if u can't make it with the other City ...then I don't know.

See mentality! :shock:
OCCUPY NFF!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

The boy has regressed egregiously . He is a complete shadow of what is expected of him.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

You finished your honeymoon early? Congrats and happy married life. Your tastes and choices should be classy now so stop posting like you are eating peppery and salty bachelor's food sha.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

But you were hounding Guardiola for offloading him
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

we knew this ages ago
You are 2 years late
...all he did at Man City was tap the ball in

Nacho should boycott Russia 2018
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Iheanacho is a very limited player. A good one but very limited nonetheless.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Not sure if he is a flop but he has no business starting in a Super Eagles shirt. Naturally, he looked good at City but with a midfield like that anyone would look good.

My concern with him is that he has a very poor first touch and while he is quick, does not have any burst of speed a la Vardy. he is not particularly strong either.

He may well have survived at Spurs, Arsenal or West Ham but will not likely cut it at kick and run football. (Leicester).

Anyone who thinks he has a place in the Eagles squad as a starter in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1, needs mental evaluation.

A striker that cannot hold up the ball effectively, lacks power and a constant motor is just not it.

For the Nacho fans, don't take the criticism personally. As a patriot I want the best that Nigeria has up front, this is not it.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

nzeogwu wrote:Not sure if he is a flop but he has no business starting in a Super Eagles shirt. Naturally, he looked good at City but with a midfield like that anyone would look good.

My concern with him is that he has a very poor first touch and while he is quick, does not have any burst of speed a la Vardy. he is not particularly strong either.

He may well have survived at Spurs, Arsenal or West Ham but will not likely cut it at kick and run football. (Leicester).

Anyone who thinks he has a place in the Eagles squad as a starter in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1, needs mental evaluation.

A striker that cannot hold up the ball effectively, lacks power and a constant motor is just not it.

For the Nacho fans, don't take the criticism personally. As a patriot I want the best that Nigeria has up front, this is not it.
So u saw all this on ya tv? Kai... means u know more than Guardiola and skakespeare combined. Abeg, na wow u get dat tv?
OCCUPY NFF!!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Nacho is a system player and in the right system will thrive. Didn't think he was too bad in this game even his age and experience, Grey wouldn't have done much better. Put him in an AM role at a club like Arsenal and he will thrive. He needs a club that does quality football not kick and rush like Leicester. A bit concerned that we have a midfielder in Ndidi though that's not comfortable with the ball at his feet.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Emir Kongi on what basis does he deserve to play Nigeria on current form? Just one. If you made a living coaching Nigeria, would you risk your job by playing him as the lone striker in our line up?
damekadon
Egg
Egg

Post by damekadon »

Hope he does well, but was never really convinced about him. No hustle, does not defend well...seems stuck in the up and coming player category.
Musician wey go sing for deaf and dumb reunion don miss road.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

nzeogwu wrote:Emir Kongi on what basis does he deserve to play Nigeria on current form? Just one. If you made a living coaching Nigeria, would you risk your job by playing him as the lone striker in our line up?
Give him some time. He went from a team that plays football to one that plays Ballfoot, style of play will be a big issue for him at Leicester.
OCCUPY NFF!!
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Obafemi Martins would not be doing like this. Everywhere he went, the opponent was in fear.

<
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Man City swindled Leicester for $25million
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

General Trousers wrote:Obafemi Martins would not be doing like this. Everywhere he went, the opponent was in fear.

<
That's because Obafemi Martins had tools that could succeed in any team! His pace and power on the ball are going to do well in any team in any league.

And what happened when he lost a bit of his pace? He adapted his game, he became a more cerebral player. One of my biggest regrets is that Nigeria never really saw Obafemi Martins at his intelligent best! We saw him at his athletic best, but not at his intelligent best!

Oba at Seattle Sounders was the man at the peak of his intelligence! Not at Inter, not anywhere else!

but I digress. Obafemi Martins was either smart enough to utilize his tools in situations that worked for him, OR he adapted. Leicester is not the right type of team for Nacho, Sqawka broke it down brilliantly, if you haven't read the article, READ IT! He hasn't regressed, the move to Leicester was just a very stupid idea.

BUT, he is a young player...this is a player that should still be learning and developing and adding to his game. He strikes me as someone who just wants to thrive on his limited skill set. Someone needs to tell this guy to take his own advice and work on broadening his game. Right now, there are many teams he cannot succeed in.

and if he wants to be a one trick pony, then at least do your research alongside your agent and find a compatible team.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Didn't they say that about Okocha with the Eagles during the early years?

Even Drogba was considered a flop. Wenger passed on him.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

ohenhen1 wrote:Didn't they say that about Okocha with the Eagles during the early years?

...but Nacho is close to retirement :winking:
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

ohenhen1 wrote:Didn't they say that about Okocha with the Eagles during the early years?

...but Nacho is close to retirement :winking:
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

nzeogwu wrote:Not sure if he is a flop but he has no business starting in a Super Eagles shirt. Naturally, he looked good at City but with a midfield like that anyone would look good.

Oga, not really. If this were true then tell me why Wilfred Bony looked like crap at City. Kelechi is a good player but very limited. Their system of passing into channels complimented his game. I knew he wouldn't amount to much at Leceister, anybody with eyes could see it.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Tbite wrote:
General Trousers wrote:Obafemi Martins would not be doing like this. Everywhere he went, the opponent was in fear.

<
That's because Obafemi Martins had tools that could succeed in any team! His pace and power on the ball are going to do well in any team in any league.

And what happened when he lost a bit of his pace? He adapted his game, he became a more cerebral player. One of my biggest regrets is that Nigeria never really saw Obafemi Martins at his intelligent best! We saw him at his athletic best, but not at his intelligent best!

Oba at Seattle Sounders was the man at the peak of his intelligence! Not at Inter, not anywhere else!

but I digress. Obafemi Martins was either smart enough to utilize his tools in situations that worked for him, OR he adapted. Leicester is not the right type of team for Nacho, Sqawka broke it down brilliantly, if you haven't read the article, READ IT! He hasn't regressed, the move to Leicester was just a very stupid idea.

BUT, he is a young player...this is a player that should still be learning and developing and adding to his game. He strikes me as someone who just wants to thrive on his limited skill set. Someone needs to tell this guy to take his own advice and work on broadening his game. Right now, there are many teams he cannot succeed in.

and if he wants to be a one trick pony, then at least do your research alongside your agent and find a compatible team.
Chei see thesis chapter!

<
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Nacho is very much like Ighalo
If you play him in a 4-4-2 he needs a big strike partner like Deeney to complement him
I dont think he and vardy work well as a pair.
However Nacho is very intelligent and adaptable.
he will pay off in the long run if they stick with him
He will find a way to work in this system which will make him even more valuable to Nigeria