Iheanacho is a flop

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Iheanacho is a flop

Post by Tbite »

General Trousers wrote:
Tbite wrote:
General Trousers wrote:Obafemi Martins would not be doing like this. Everywhere he went, the opponent was in fear.

<
That's because Obafemi Martins had tools that could succeed in any team! His pace and power on the ball are going to do well in any team in any league.

And what happened when he lost a bit of his pace? He adapted his game, he became a more cerebral player. One of my biggest regrets is that Nigeria never really saw Obafemi Martins at his intelligent best! We saw him at his athletic best, but not at his intelligent best!

Oba at Seattle Sounders was the man at the peak of his intelligence! Not at Inter, not anywhere else!

but I digress. Obafemi Martins was either smart enough to utilize his tools in situations that worked for him, OR he adapted. Leicester is not the right type of team for Nacho, Sqawka broke it down brilliantly, if you haven't read the article, READ IT! He hasn't regressed, the move to Leicester was just a very stupid idea.

BUT, he is a young player...this is a player that should still be learning and developing and adding to his game. He strikes me as someone who just wants to thrive on his limited skill set. Someone needs to tell this guy to take his own advice and work on broadening his game. Right now, there are many teams he cannot succeed in.

and if he wants to be a one trick pony, then at least do your research alongside your agent and find a compatible team.
Chei see thesis chapter!

<
When you are faster typist than the average individual and can also think quickly, it is not a difficult feat.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Oga, not really. If this were true then tell me why Wilfred Bony looked like crap at City. Kelechi is a good player but very limited. Their system of passing into channels complimented his game. I knew he wouldn't amount to much at Leceister, anybody with eyes could see it.
All that needs to be said. The guy is good in the right system. He's no Vardy that lives on the shoulders of defenders and burns you with pace. He needs to be surrounded by intelligent players and he will score for fun.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Kelechi Iheanacho is not thinking about his game enough. His concentration and awareness is just not there. His first touch is often awful and he sometimes pushes the ball far beyond himself, which led to the freekick and WBA's goal last night. He reminds me of when VicMo was all over the place at Wigan, West Ham and Stoke. Kele needs to improve.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

He should fire his agent.

Hire a nutritionist and get in game shape.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Goldleaf wrote:Kelechi Iheanacho is not thinking about his game enough. His concentration and awareness is just not there. His first touch is often awful and he sometimes pushes the ball far beyond himself, which led to the freekick and WBA's goal last night. He reminds me of when VicMo was all over the place at Wigan, West Ham and Stoke. Kele needs to improve.
His first touch is extremely atriocious and the worst of he does not have any dribbling skill.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I think he played poorly today but it's funny how every flopper is now calling him a flop after just a couple of games this season. Many of you have had to change jobs 5 .. 6.. 7 times and still can't say you are successful, yet we are writing Iheanacho off completely. I agree with the analyst that said his confidence is low at the moment but can only grow with more playing time. He had a poor game but i am sure he will bounce back. I went through similar situation early in my career , so i know with time and some encouragement from the right people he will succeed.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Like I said, any coach who values his job, will not experiment with Nacho. Not at Leicester and certainly not in the Eagles. He cannot play in a 4:2:3:1. And based on what we have all seen, even in a 4:4:2:, He is just a lazy, unmotivated player. Talented, not fast, not strong but lazy and unambitious. His offensive disconnects can be blamed on leicester's style. His lack of hussle and first touch....
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

nzeogwu wrote:Like I said, any coach who values his job, will not experiment with Nacho. Not at Leicester and certainly not in the Eagles. He cannot play in a 4:2:3:1. And based on what we have all seen, even in a 4:4:2:, He is just a lazy, unmotivated player. Talented, not fast, not strong but lazy and unambitious. His offensive disconnects can be blamed on leicester's style. His lack of hussle and first touch....
Uncle Ruckus how bodi?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

nzeogwu wrote:Like I said, any coach who values his job, will not experiment with Nacho. Not at Leicester and certainly not in the Eagles. He cannot play in a 4:2:3:1. And based on what we have all seen, even in a 4:4:2:, He is just a lazy, unmotivated player. Talented, not fast, not strong but lazy and unambitious. His offensive disconnects can be blamed on leicester's style. His lack of hussle and first touch....
You must be disapointed waking up to see your own black skin everyday.

Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Luckily, I do not have black skin.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Cellular wrote:He should fire his agent.

Hire a nutritionist and get in game shape.
It's HIM
leave the agent and his akara supplier (aka nutritionist) alone
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Iheanacho is still finding his feet (literally). He's not a striker. He's more of an AM. As a striker they are setting ridiculous expectations for him. He needs to go back to his natural position.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Selling Kante was a huge loss which they were struggling to recover from,iy left them on life support machine. Selling Drinkwater is akin to pulling the patient off the life support machine.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

kali wrote:Iheanacho is still finding his feet (literally). He's not a striker. He's more of an AM. As a striker they are setting ridiculous expectations for him. He needs to go back to his natural position.
His ball control is below average. That is why he was shipped out of City.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sir V wrote:
kali wrote:Iheanacho is still finding his feet (literally). He's not a striker. He's more of an AM. As a striker they are setting ridiculous expectations for him. He needs to go back to his natural position.
What I can never understand is why the basics like ball control disappear in the adult game.
Iheanacho had excellent technique at the junior level.
The laws of motion and gravity have not changed.
It just doesnt make sense.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
Sir V wrote:
What I can never understand is why the basics like ball control disappear in the adult game.
His game has changed a lot since U-17 its crazy watching highlights of how he used to play, now he's mostly just a finisher in the box.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Sir V wrote:His ball control is below average. That is why he was shipped out of City.
I thought it was b/c Guardiola doesn't like Africans. :lol:
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

maceo4 wrote: His game has changed a lot since U-17 its crazy watching highlights of how he used to play, now he's mostly just a finisher in the box.
:lol: Where is that Sterling called Kelechi "uncle" thread? A man would look good playing against boys.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Damunk wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Exactly. I think its mostly a confidence thing. I think also Guardiola tried to change the way Iheanacho plays, how he controls the ball. Basically tried to change the way he played naturally and 'broke' him as a result. It might be issues like kick the ball differently, release the ball quickly and so on. Iheanacho stopped playing as per his natural instinct.

Even the first touch issue - he had no such issue during Ancelotti. And he was always a highly technical player with great ball control and superb passing range. Where is that player now?

I blame Guardiola.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Iwobi went through a similar patch and he appeared useless overnight and got written off by fans. Nacho will come good. He just needs to adapt his game to his new surroundings and get his confidence back.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Damunk wrote:What I can never understand is why the basics like ball control disappear in the adult game.
Several reasons.

1. Maturity. A good grownup footballer would look brilliant against kids. That maturity is equalised when you are with peers.
2. Higher stakes mean more nerves which affect things like ball control.
3. Higher level of the game means better tactics/systems which deny space and time.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Damunk wrote:
Sir V wrote:
The kiddies game is a lot slower. A top professional striker has to be very quick and does not have the luxury of many touches of the ball. Iheanacho is six foot two and struggling with the pace of the game. Thats why his first touch looks off. I think he has to go back into the midfield where his assets (clinical finishing, movement) will serve him a lot better.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Mr Shows wrote:Iwobi went through a similar patch and he appeared useless overnight and got written off by fans. Nacho will come good. He just needs to adapt his game to his new surroundings and get his confidence back.
Thank you ma broad! I hate all these crucify him crowd. All of these people never played soccer beyond high school. ( I included ). But common sense must tell you that you are as good as the support you have. Many moons ago, these people were the ones saying Ighalo was finished during his last year in EPL. Now come the qualifier and he was blazing the opponents' 18 and scoring. Most of these critiques of Kelechi saying his is a flop now; (in the words of some gurus here ) are nothing but computer armchair coaches. In time when Kelechi becomes a scoring machine again, they will all forget what heart ache they caused this young man with their comments.
Kelechi will adjust in time; and with time he will become his old-self and find his place in the new club.