Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:02 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:49 pm 

:rotf: :lol: :lol:

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:36 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: o pobobopobo goal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:37 pm 

Victor Moses loves playing for the SE , his body language is something else.. vs Cameroon the smile on his face wow

by the way Akpeyi is pure rubbish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:52 pm 

after watching this game, my goodness , we were horrible in the 2nd half..kai..but this game was the most difficult game and we were troubled a lot by Algeria.. the SE is a counter attacking team

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:21 pm 

We were lucky Algeria were wasteful

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:40 pm 

1naija wrote:
We were lucky Algeria were wasteful

Very true..Rohr did change the team though...the midfield got burnt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:24 pm 

Why can’t mikel shoot the properly after 12yrs as a pro? He hardly ever hit the ball cleanly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:28 pm 

I am glad you are all seeing this. All those who think the team is good enough need to watch the games properly to see how average the Eagles were.

In my opinion, we are short of about five quality starters if we want to make an impact at Russia 2018!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:33 pm 

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I am glad you are all seeing this. All those who think the team is good enough need to watch the games properly to see how average the Eagles were.

In my opinion, we are short of about five quality starters if we want to make an impact at Russia 2018!

That was just their 3rd game under Rohr and hadn’t played any friendlies at that point. 90% of the players also played vs Cameroon and did better

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:45 pm 

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

That was just their 3rd game under Rohr and hadn’t played any friendlies at that point. 90% of the players also played vs Cameroon and did better

I agree we played better against Cameroon and did not offer them all those goal scoring chances but we were still not firing like a proper team. If you watch Germany and Brazil play you will realise how far behind we still are.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:47 pm 

I just rewatch our match with Algeria yesterday. We are very lucky to win that match. Algeria were very wasteful, two clear chances in the first half and they dominated the second half. Akpeyi, really lack confidence.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:45 am 

We were not lucky in any of our games at this Wcq. We're one of the teams that earned our Wcq appearance based on our tough group and games. You guys thought beating Algeria at that point was easy? It wasn't easy. At that period we played Algeria they had the best players in Africa. additionally, this is a team that had qualified for back to back World Cup. They weren't easy at that point. Nigeria game exposed and made them vulnerable. Afterwards, confidence was lost and it went downhill from then

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:29 am 

Your observation is good, the problem comes from poor foundation and Mikel not working on himself. Basics: to shoot the ball, a player needs eye coordination connecting the foot contact with the ball and proper body position. You cannot shoot a ball without eye focus on the ball.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Why can’t mikel shoot the properly after 12yrs as a pro? He hardly ever hit the ball cleanly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:30 am 

While we do need to improve, we have improved on all of the personnel who gave away those chances. during that game we had Omeruo and Ndidi playing in the right back position which clearly didn't work and it exposed us defensively. It also didn't help that Akpeyi is not a good goalkeeper. If Enyeama and Shehu are fit as well as Aina constantly improving, we should be much better defensively.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:38 am 

that was one very stressful game, Algeria played the best game of their so far woeful world cup campaign in that first leg qualifier...but the team was still starting to gel at that stage, and boy was Apkeyi one very timid and uninspiring goal keeper to watch.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:21 pm 

Listen to this commentator.

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:13 pm 

john12 wrote:
We were not lucky in any of our games at this Wcq. We're one of the teams that earned our Wcq appearance based on our tough group and games. You guys thought beating Algeria at that point was easy? It wasn't easy. At that period we played Algeria they had the best players in Africa. additionally, this is a team that had qualified for back to back World Cup. They weren't easy at that point. Nigeria game exposed and made them vulnerable. Afterwards, confidence was lost and it went downhill from then

:???: :???: :???:

How does this negate the fact that Algeria were wasteful?