George Weah's son Tim scores hat-trick in U-17 WC for US

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Re: George Weah's son Tim scores hat-trick in U-17 WC for US

Post by john12 »

Bully that 2013 u17 is actually a success story. Kelechi ended up playing for a. Big premier league team and scoring goals. Success played at la liga. Some of them are still developing but overall our 2013 set did well
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

bully12 wrote:Heartily speaking after an amazing disappointment with 2013 under 17 stars I don't buy all these gratuitous hypes of U 17 Footballers. I could have bet my mortgage that at least 4 world class players would have emerged from that team . Nothing in the world then could have convinced me that Success , Iheanacho, Chidibere Nwakali and Idowu are not future super stars in world soccer. Since the uttermost disappointment with aforementioned boys I don't buy into the hype of U17 players even if they are extolled to high heavens
You are wise man, but why did it take u so long to figure this out?
Last edited by Rawlings on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

john12 wrote:Bully that 2013 u17 is actually a success story. Kelechi ended up playing for a. Big premier league team and scoring goals. Success played at la liga. Some of them are still developing but overall our 2013 set did well
You call that success(pun intended) They got a chance because of the potential, but the teams quickly figured out there was never going to be more .
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Most of the U17 players are 20-21 now. They still time.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

tfco wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
ogasir wrote:LOL Some of you guys still think how a payer performs at U17 level is how they will perform at senior level
its the bloodline.
Jordi Cruyff and countless bloodlines greet you
its the evidence and the bloodline, I should have been more specific.

post some klips of their kids doing the aforementioned, thanks in advance.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bully12 wrote:Heartily speaking after an amazing disappointment with 2013 under 17 stars I don't buy all these gratuitous hypes of U 17 Footballers. I could have bet my mortgage that at least 4 world class players would have emerged from that team . Nothing in the world then could have convinced me that Success , Iheanacho, Chidibere Nwakali and Idowu are not future super stars in world soccer. Since the uttermost disappointment with aforementioned boys I don't buy into the hype of U17 players even if they are extolled to high heavens

Bros,

The % of players that make it to the big leagues from U17 isn't as large as we may think. Here is access to a study on this and it affects most teams globally. It is not just Nigeria. In fact, Nigeria's U17 from 2013 has done well. Here is a link for the Technical Report:

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... 17_Players
Last edited by Enugu II on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

ohenhen1 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:Future is bright for USA.......................... :clap: :clap:
Can still play for Liberia.
for what? WAFU Cup?
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

He may switch to play for Liberia later if things improve.. Especially if his father wins the re run.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

ohenhen1 wrote:Didn't Zelelem play for the US at youth level and then decided to play for Germany at Senior level?
Is Victor Moses the only player from U17 world cup to make it big in the Super Eagles now?
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

camex wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Didn't Zelelem play for the US at youth level and then decided to play for Germany at Senior level?
Is Victor Moses the only player from U17 world cup to make it big in the Super Eagles now?
Obi Mikel, Onazi.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Iheanacho and Success are only 21 and still developing, so they still have time to get back to their best. The Nwakali brothers, Alampasu, Awoniyi, Alhassan Ibrahim, Oshimen, Uzoho, Orji Okonkwo; and even the likes of Chidera Ezeh and Musa Yahaya may still come good for the SE. Time will tell.
ogasir wrote:
camex wrote:
Obi Mikel, Onazi.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
airwolex wrote:The second goal was incredible...damn!

Wow..

Na wa see goal!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

paj wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:Future is bright for USA.......................... :clap: :clap:
Can still play for Liberia.
for what? WAFU Cup?
eheh...na FUFU CUP. :tic:
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****