Onyekuru vs PSG

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Onyekuru vs PSG

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This thread is strictly for our boy’s performance, don’t give a damn about the score. Missed the 1st half, 2nd I underway. How’s he doing?
OCCUPY NFF!!
oyek
Egg
Egg
Re: Onyekuru vs PSG

Post by oyek »

His team just conceded the 3rd goal. He isn't doing much as PSG is controlling everything, but his off ball positioning is very good.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

oyek wrote:His team just conceded the 3rd goal. He isn't doing much as PSG is controlling everything, but his off ball positioning is very good.
I noticed that too. He also seems to have improved defensively, he’s covering the entire left side like Moses Simon does. Still needs a little more work rate though. His team is so bad he should be busy all the time :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Danny Alvesis afraid of this boy :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

4-0. They need some serious anti.monopoly laws in football. $1B v $50M of players is not right.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

5 kondo :laugh: onyekuru is out and I’m out too. Switching to a lesser humiliation in Roma v Chelsea, it’s only 3-0 :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

And this is the guy you want dropped for musa. Una don mad. When musa was his age, he was going to to toe with cristiano ronaldo
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Una nor go let person rest with this Onyekuru, tuned in to watch his game only to see his team roasted into guguru. Bia is our boy shining because the standard in that league is dire? Abeg na simple question i dey ask oh!

The way Anderletch is being roasted in that group,one would think they are a bunch of part timers from Andora.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

oloye wrote:Una nor go let person rest with this Onyekuru, tuned in to watch his game only to see his team roasted into guguru. Bia is our boy shining because the standard in that league is dire? Abeg na simple question i dey ask oh!

The way Anderletch is being roasted in that group,one would think they are a bunch of part timers from Andora.

I did the same this morning (Aussie time), watched it, was disappointed not in Onyekuru in particular however in his team. I have a feeling his qualities are diminished playing with them, they all seem to be out of it mentally. Happy to see him play a couple of games with the Super Eagles before making any judgement.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ikemba_nacho wrote:
oloye wrote:Una nor go let person rest with this Onyekuru, tuned in to watch his game only to see his team roasted into guguru. Bia is our boy shining because the standard in that league is dire? Abeg na simple question i dey ask oh!

I did the same this morning (Aussie time), watched it, was disappointed not in Onyekuru in particular however in his team. I have a feeling his qualities are diminished playing with them, they all seem to be out of it mentally. Happy to see him play a couple of games with the Super Eagles before making any judgement.
I have said it several times on this forum (and even got pushback last time I did) that Anderlecht is an extremely POOR team, and sadly I fear it could very well infect Onyekuru’s game and confidence.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ikemba_nacho wrote:

Talk true, if Onyekuru wasn't Nigerian you wouldn't notice him in this game, I just finished watching and he did nothing of note except lose or misplace the ball.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:Talk true, if Onyekuru wasn't Nigerian you wouldn't notice him in this game, I just finished watching and he did nothing of note except lose or misplace the ball.
How many times was he open and his dumb teammates instead chose to go backwards (I have never seen a team play the ball backwards as often as I have seen Anderlecht do this season) or attempt a dumb pass inside or cross field? This is an extremely POOR Anderlecht team (not surprised at all that they are also struggling domestically) and unfortunately it appears to be infecting Onyekuru’s game and even affecting his confidence (a number of times he could have run at the defenders, he elected to lay off the ball - severally even backwards instead). SMH

PS: The one deficit I noticed in Onyekuru’s game though is that even though he was obviously working very hard to get back into defensive positions these days, when he gets there he actually does very little or nothing tangible - that is, other than just get in front of the opposition. He certainly doesn’t tackle.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:5 kondo :laugh: onyekuru is out and I’m out too. Switching to a lesser humiliation in Roma v Chelsea, it’s only 3-0 :laugh:
:lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

I have never ever seen any team that loves to pass backwards like Onyekuru's team . At a point I started wondering is that all they practiced in their practice sessions. It is inordinately an inept and feckless club.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

But if he cannot score 1 goal in 180 minutes against a stater league team like PSG, how is going to score for us. This is why i tell people to disregard goals scored in the Belgian league.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

1naija wrote:But if he cannot score 1 goal in 180 minutes against a stater league team like PSG, how is going to score for us. This is why i tell people to disregard goals scored in the Belgian league.
Bro... :?: :?: :?: :???: :???: :???: :???:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

chief nfachairman wrote:
1naija wrote:But if he cannot score 1 goal in 180 minutes against a stater league team like PSG, how is going to score for us. This is why i tell people to disregard goals scored in the Belgian league.
Wasnt this the second match against PSG? I think the Belgian and Israeli league should not rated high when it comes to selecting players for the SE.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

1naija wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Wasnt this the second match against PSG? I think the Belgian and Israeli league should not rated high when it comes to selecting players for the SE.
I am always alarmed by what I read on this site! Seriously,have you ever played this game before?? Even if na monkey post?I go manage am. So he didn't score in two legs against psg and he is now a useless player???...He is even a winger,his primary responsibility is not to score goals!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

gochino wrote:
1naija wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
I am always alarmed by what I read on this site! Seriously,have you ever played this game before?? Even if na monkey post?I go manage am. So he didn't score in two legs against psg and he is now a useless player???...He is even a winger,his primary responsibility is not to score goals!
You are trying to blame me for your inability to comprehend simple english. Where in my statement does it say he is a useless player? The point of the post, mr Ronaldo, that has played at the highest level is that you can't use performances in a lower league to guage how good a player is. He has to prove himself against credible opposition to dislodge a player like Ighalo and Ehianacho who have proven themselves in a top league.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Did you watch the first leg? DId you also notice he had a better rating than Neymer and gave Dani Alves a tough time??
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

gochino wrote:Did you watch the first leg? DId you also notice he had a better rating than Neymer and gave Dani Alves a tough time??

I was not rating him as a club player. He has proven he is a good player at his club. My post was actually to those who are always calling for him to replace the current strikers we have in the SE because he scores regularly at his club.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

1naija wrote:
gochino wrote:Did you watch the first leg? DId you also notice he had a better rating than Neymer and gave Dani Alves a tough time??

I was not rating him as a club player. He has proven he is a good player at his club. My post was actually to those who are always calling for him to replace the current strikers we have in the SE because he scores regularly at his club.
He is not being touted to replace either Ighalo or Nacho, but Musa who has barely even made bench for his team all season and has not played one second of football. Yet Onyekuru is tormenting Alves in champions league.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:

Oyekuru, isn't better than any of our current strikers, and i doubt he fits the SE's current style of play.. the guy hardly passes, he goes for glory all the time , until he becomes a team player, then we fit settle
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved