IT'S WC SEASON & HERE COME THOSE DREADED TV COMMERCIALS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bell
Egg
Egg
IT'S WC SEASON & HERE COME THOSE DREADED TV COMMERCIALS

Post by Bell »

The nations are qualifying and the groups will soon be formed. Shortly to follow will be television commercials by the rich sponsors - drinks, sports apparel, airlines, banks, hotels, auto communications, etc.

The commercials will depict soccer played in the various countries. You can tell without caption which one represents the African country. Because it will feature young boys in poor outfit pursuing home made balls fabricated from rags and goals made of improvised tin cans. Of course, the play ground would small and dusty with no green in sight. And the kids will be all toothy grins, madly enjoying the game in blissful ignorance of their plight.

How else would you know these are Africans if it were any different?
Bell
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: IT'S WC SEASON & HERE COME THOSE DREADED TV COMMERCIALS

Post by metalalloy »

Bell wrote:The nations are qualifying and the groups will soon be formed. Shortly to follow will be television commercials by the rich sponsors - drinks, sports apparel, airlines, banks, hotels, auto communications, etc.

The commercials will depict soccer played in the various countries. You can tell without caption which one represents the African country. Because it will feature young boys in poor outfit pursuing home made balls fabricated from rags and goals made of improvised tin cans. Of course, the play ground would small and dusty with no green in sight. And the kids will be all toothy grins, madly enjoying the game in blissful ignorance of their plight.

Bell
LOL so true. But in their defense, they simply point to cameroun and paj as to their reason for depicting the bolded.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Don't mind those liars. They should show African kids playing on green grass that has the sheen and texture of the pitches at the San Siro, Nou Camp and Old Trafford.

Mshewwwww!

If I be the person wey dey make the commercials, I go show the unflushed toilets with 7 different colors of s.h!t in the toilet bowl, along with gutters clogged with garbage which has been there so long that it has turned black.

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^And the dread head destitute casually urinating in public, facing the wall, but angling his appendage so its in full view of broad daylight. @Bell, what is the most realistic depiction of grassroots, community football in Africa? Yes, there are parts, modernised and civilised, but all can testify to having seen neighbourhood kickabouts, featuring a ripped football, deflated, bobbling across a grassless, clay pitch, decorated with puddles of rain water, urine and anything in between. The majority of Nigeria is a mess. Is Africa as a whole any different?

Africa has failed.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Coach wrote:^And the dread head destitute casually urinating in public, facing the wall, but angling his appendage so its in full view of broad daylight. @Bell, what is the most realistic depiction of grassroots, community football in Africa? Yes, there are parts, modernised and civilised, but all can testify to having seen neighbourhood kickabouts, featuring a ripped football, deflated, bobbling across a grassless, clay pitch, decorated with puddles of rain water, urine and anything in between. The majority of Nigeria is a mess. Is Africa as a whole any different?

Africa has failed.
but there is no way that the proportion that they have displayed mirrors the reality on ground. We are not talking of a small sample here.

I played street football and most people didn't have ripped footballs. What % of football in Africa is as depicted, 90%? I think not. Even if it is 50%, have they shown such ads 50% of the time? No they haven't, they have shown it 95% of the time.

So what gives?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

metalalloy wrote:
Bell wrote:The nations are qualifying and the groups will soon be formed. Shortly to follow will be television commercials by the rich sponsors - drinks, sports apparel, airlines, banks, hotels, auto communications, etc.

Bell
LOL so true. But in their defense, they simply point to cameroun and paj as to their reason for depicting the bolded.
My jujuman told me this would happen.. :evil: that's why I've given him the go ahead and unleash those Bini witches he had on standby :twisted:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

I have an idea...can we make ours? Let the expert ball jugglers like BaP, Ayoknife and AnikulPipehead can make a vid of themselves making Ronaldinho's balljuggling look like NEPA trying to keep up electricity for 30 days straight..
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

paj wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Bell
My jujuman told me this would happen.. :evil: that's why I've given him the go ahead and unleash those Bini witches he had on standby :twisted:
bros my bad, dem don upgrade ya teeth through obamacare :shock: ?

We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16